Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Could Tavon Austin make the Saints offense unstoppable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be upset if the Saints drafted Tavon Austin in round 1?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Could Tavon Austin make the Saints offense unstoppable? Reply with quote

I guess the real question is will Sean Payton be able to resist himself?

When I watch Tavon Austin I am simply amazed! This kid is lightning in a bottle. His quickness and acceleration in and out of his cuts should be illegal and his long speed is simply elite! Heís not really a receiver as much as heís a jack of all trades. Austin will without a doubt be an eletrifying playmaker in the NFL and despite his short stature he's moved himself into 1st round consideration.

Itís the combination of Austinís size (5í8Ē) and his lack of a defined NFL position that is keeping his draft stock down towards the lower end of round one but itís getting harder and harder to ignore this kidís god given ability. Austin doesnít seem to be a fit in every NFL offense but if he were to land in a scheme that knew how to create mismatches he could be unstoppable on the next level, and that got me thinkingÖ

Letís face it, while I know itís not a major needÖ a wide receiver with deep speed is a need for the Saints. With a coach like Sean Payton who is the master of mismatches, a quarterback as accurate as Drew Brees and players such as Graham, Colston, Sproles, Ingram, Thomas & Moore. Could you imagine if the Saints were to throw an electric player such as Austin into the mix in the Big Easy!!!

How would you defend this offense defensively?

Can you imagine the exoctic looks and formations Payton would throw out at opposing defenses!

Austin is the type of player that has to be accounted for every time he steps onto the football field but how could you do that against this offense? I just donít see a wayÖ I honestly feel if the Saints were to draft Tavon Austin in the 1st round of the NFL draft this April this offense would simply become unstoppable!

Now should we do itÖ thatís up for debate but man it sure would be fun to watch!

What say you?

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to have Austin. He gives this offense some much needed speed. We have guys like Graham and Colston who are big possession guys, and then we have Moore who has great hands, but lacks elite quickness. Devery isn't getting any younger and without him we have no deep threat. Assuming Toon comes back next year we'll have 3 big possession guys, and Moore who is more of a "little" possession guy. Austin has the ability to take a 5 yard slant and go 80. This is something the Saints offense lacks. He could potentially be the spark we need in the return game, as well. As of now I'm expected him to get drafted somewhere around the third round. Depending on what we do in Free Agency, the third round might be too early for the Saints to take a WR.. I do like the idea of bringing in a guy like Austin though. It gets me even more excited for the draft. You never know what'll happen.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are we not considering Morgan a deep threat yet?

3 catches, 133 yards, 2 TDs

If our offense gets into a rhythm where we can risk bombing it deep, there is no reason his stats won't improve. Right now, bombing it deep just isn't something we can try.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no need for him, he'd just be a nice bonus. Our draft picks need to be invested on defense first and foremost.

#JDI
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember what happened the last time we had a guy like that and he even had a more defined position? He was misused and traded for nothing before picking it up.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Remember what happened the last time we had a guy like that and he even had a more defined position? He was misused and traded for nothing before picking it up.

Very true... Although I think the Saints would view Austin more as a WR on the depth chart. I agree that the Saints need defense 1st and formost but it would be crazy to see opposing defenses try to cover Colston and Moore on the edges, Austin in motion in the slot, Sproles coming out of the backfield & Graham tearing up the middle. Shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: