Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I spent a lot of time going over tape on Landry Jones and I saw he doesn't really escape the pressure as much as people say. He hangs in their most of the time. And when he does leave the pocket he is very crafty like Tony Romo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aM6Nq2gPh8

By escape you mean run at the slightest sign of pressure? No he doesn't do that in this clip but he does panic under pressure 6 times where he basically just tosses the football away or makes a horrible throw. He was only pressured like 8 times in this game so that's saying something. This clip shows he's a great arm talent who can make all the throws but he makes bad throws under pressure. He's basically Blaine Gabbert 2.0 IMO.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the hate for Landry Jones. The only problem that he has is running from pressure, but he has vastly improved and he now steps up in the pocket more. He does roll out intentionally a good amount.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not Landry Jones' only problem.

That's fine if you like him and I'm glad you're sticking to your guns on this one but I've too much of Jones to say that I agree. Simply put, he's not very good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
That's not Landry Jones' only problem.

That's fine if you like him and I'm glad you're sticking to your guns on this one but I've too much of Jones to say that I agree. Simply put, he's not very good.

I watch Jones probably more than any other QB because he has everything you need in a QB. I stand by saying he is Romo-esque because of the arm, accuracy, and craftiness in the pocket. Jones also has too carry the load because Oklahoma doesnt have a good running game.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You continually bringing up his accuracy puzzles me. If you've watched him as often as you'd say, you'd lnow his ball placement is horrendous and because he can't handle the pressure, he is CONSTANTLY throwing lame ducks off of his back foot. Does it 4-5 times a game, every game (Which leads me to scoff at the "craftiness in the pocket statement. That's way off base).

And bigger than that, he makes more "what the hell are you doing" throws than most anyone in college football.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
You continually bringing up his accuracy puzzles me. If you've watched him as often as you'd say, you'd lnow his ball placement is horrendous and because he can't handle the pressure, he is CONSTANTLY throwing lame ducks off of his back foot. Does it 4-5 times a game, every game (Which leads me to scoff at the "craftiness in the pocket statement. That's way off base).

And bigger than that, he makes more "what the hell are you doing" throws than most anyone in college football.

He has improved in those areas this year. He has shown the ability to escape pressure to extend plays. He has no weapons besides Stills. There is a reason he was considered a top pick. He has the tools.

"Jones clearly has the physical tools, and when he had a clean pocket, he is a marksman who drives the ball into tight windows downfield. He distributes the ball well, throwing with timing and getting through his reads, when he is given solid protection."

-Kevin Weidl
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a bit leery of trading up for Geno, but it may prove to be successful. They would still have oline problems though
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

He has improved in those areas this year. He has shown the ability to escape pressure to extend plays. He has no weapons besides Stills. There is a reason he was considered a top pick. He has the tools.

"Jones clearly has the physical tools, and when he had a clean pocket, he is a marksman who drives the ball into tight windows downfield. He distributes the ball well, throwing with timing and getting through his reads, when he is given solid protection."

-Kevin Weidl

I highlighted the relevent portion. Amd for your quote, I'll raise you one back:

"Jones has NFL height and good body flexibility with the mobility to use his legs to extend the play. Jones has good arm strength and average accuracy, but his ball placement is too erratic at each level and he tends to make highly questionable decisions every game. He stares down targets and his accuracy dips when forced to go away from his first read, showing poor footwork when rattled as he struggles to reset and step into his throws."

-Rob Rang

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champ, is there a weekly updated Big Board that's 1.) free and 2.) respected...?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

-Kevin Weidl

I highlighted the relevent portion. Amd for your quote, I'll raise you one back:

"Jones has NFL height and good body flexibility with the mobility to use his legs to extend the play. Jones has good arm strength and average accuracy, but his ball placement is too erratic at each level and he tends to make highly questionable decisions every game. He stares down targets and his accuracy dips when forced to go away from his first read, showing poor footwork when rattled as he struggles to reset and step into his throws."

-Rob Rang

That quote was from his junior season i think.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put things in perspective, to move up from #14 to #6 Dallas gave up a 2nd rounder last year, and to move from #7 to #5, Jaguars gave up a 4th. So say the cards pick at #9 it could just take a 3rd rounder or 4th to get up to #6 or #7 for Joeckel.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Champ, is there a weekly updated Big Board that's 1.) free and 2.) respected...?

Cbssports, walterfootball, search for some, personal choice really

Most have top 5 the same, then the next 25 are all over the shop, it's like they don't watch tape or games or something
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

Personally, I use Rob Rang for a lot of draft rankings and mocks. Some of his evaluations are inconsistent IMO but when it comes to pegging where players will go in April he's one of the better guys out there. I'll never forget that he was the ONLY (And I do mean only, Mayock included) guy to call Jake Locker to the Titans in 2011.

His stuff is found at NFLDraftScout.com/cbssports.com and is always free.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some of the best stuff on QB's Ben Albright on NFLDraftMonsters is damn good. Also known as "Reality Check" here on FF.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so tempted to go for Chance Warmack Round 1. I like Lewan and Matthews though too.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 61 of 100

Jump to: