Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Kaepernick is good.

Not surprising.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB controversy?
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
QB controversy?
I don't think there's any controversy to speak of. If a guy does this to the Bears defense in his first start, you let him keep the job.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Kaepernick is good.

Not surprising.
I didn't think he had this kind of accuracy.

BlaqOptic wrote:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
QB controversy?
I don't think there's any controversy to speak of. If a guy does this to the Bears defense in his first start, you let him keep the job.

Over the guy with the 3rd best passer rating in the NFL (better than Brady)? Smith leads the league in completion % and yards per attempt (though is low in yards per completion).

Kaepernick's legs and deep ball are obviously better, but I don't see any way the 49ers could justify sitting Smith at this point - regardless of how well Kaepernick is playing tonight.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Kaepernick is good.

Not surprising.
I didn't think he had this kind of accuracy.

Well I don't think he's a 77% completions guy going forward Very Happy

He is what people want Tebow to be. Athletic, dangerous runner. strong arm, good passer, a "winner" etc. If he can continue to improve and take the pretty big step from Nevada to the NFL (which he seems to be doing quite well tonight), he will be a top 10 QB in the NFL.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
QB controversy?

Over the guy with the 3rd best passer rating in the NFL (better than Brady)? Smith leads the league in completion % and yards per attempt (though is low in yards per completion).

Kaepernick's legs and deep ball are obviously better, but I don't see any way the 49ers could justify sitting Smith at this point - regardless of how well Kaepernick is playing tonight.
Smith's efficiency numbers are a function of how conservative the Niners are when he's under center. He's good, but he's a guy you keep as a backup who will play careful and make just enough plays to keep the defense from crowding the LOS. Kaepernick opens up your offense considerably and actually lets you take advantage of the downfield ability that guys like Davis, Manningham, and yes, Moss have.

BlaqOptic wrote:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
QB controversy?

Smith's efficiency numbers are a function of how conservative the Niners are when he's under center. He's good, but he's a guy you keep as a backup who will play careful and make just enough plays to keep the defense from crowding the LOS. Kaepernick opens up your offense considerably and actually lets you take advantage of the downfield ability that guys like Davis, Manningham, and yes, Moss have.

I'm not saying Kaepernick wouldn't be a better option for the team. But given how good Smith has been and what the 49ers need from the QB position (minimize mistakes, keep the chains moving and allow the RB's to chew up opposing defenses), they're not going to bench him in favor of Kaepernick at this point.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
QB controversy?

I'm not saying Kaepernick wouldn't be a better option for the team. But given how good Smith has been and what the 49ers need from the QB position (minimize mistakes, keep the chains moving and allow the RB's to chew up opposing defenses), they're not going to bench him in favor of Kaepernick at this point.
I wouldn't be so sure. The Niners have some tough road games ahead of them [Saints, Pats, Seahawks] where their offense with Smith at the helm either may not be explosive enough to keep pace with the opposing offense or not dynamic enough to overcome the defense.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe Carimi should give his next two game checks to Jason Campbell. He has no business starting in the NFL.

BlaqOptic wrote:
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the box... Is Aldon Smith dominating as much as it says on the stat sheet? 4.5 sacks, 4 tfl, 7 qb hits.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd and 28 near the goal line. Can't protect the QB all night. No hope of winning the game. What do you call? An empty backfield passing play with a five step drop! Brilliant!

I swear, the average NFL coach can barely walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. Idiocy abounds.
Richter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Looking at the box... Is Aldon Smith dominating as much as it says on the stat sheet? 4.5 sacks, 4 tfl, 7 qb hits.

Yeah, but it's easy to dominate when the opposing offensive line is moving in slow motion, if they're moving at all.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:

5.5 sacks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: