Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deja Vu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Deja Vu Reply with quote

The 2011 Carolina Panthers and the 2012 Carolina Panthers are not too different. At all.

2011 started out 2-8 (Had a lead in the 4th quarter 14-16 games)
2012 has started out 2-8 (Had a lead in 4th quarter 7-10 games)

In 2011 our first win was week 3 against a team starting Blaine Gabbert with a coach that was about to get John Foxed.

In 2012 our first win was week 2 against a team that was decimated in the offseason and had an interim, interim head coach.

In both 2011, and 2012 our second win was against the Redskins.

Both teams had a knack for blowing the lead late to lose games. I'm sure there is plenty more I am missing which feel free to fill me in.

In 2011 they finished the season 4-2, what do the final 6 games hold in store for the 2012 Carolina Panthers?

My prediction 3-3 to finish 5-11.

Deja Vu.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is funny because watching us play, we look so more inept this year than we did last year. Last year it didn't even feel we were all that terrible. But I guess that is the difference between awesome offense/bad defense and bad offense/awesome defense. Or well, at least good enough defense (1-3 quarters).

This year though I can't see us finishing strong. I don't even think we can beat the Chiefs.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Which is funny because watching us play, we look so more inept this year than we did last year. Last year it didn't even feel we were all that terrible. But I guess that is the difference between awesome offense/bad defense and bad offense/awesome defense. Or well, at least good enough defense (1-3 quarters).

This year though I can't see us finishing strong. I don't even think we can beat the Chiefs.

Depends on how big the lead is in the 4th quarter.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will finish 4-12.
One of Phi/KC and Oak.

Hello top 5 pick, new GM, and new coaches. The future will be bright.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason we are hating on this year over last year is because we had higher expectations going into the year. I think a lot of thought we could be WC contenders.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I think the reason we are hating on this year over last year is because we had higher expectations going into the year. I think a lot of thought we could be WC contenders.

Honestly, going into this year I thought we were a year away. I was wrong.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:

Yeah man, it's crazy how much a year changes things.

I still think our future is bright, it's not like we're getting blown out all the time, we usually are leading in the 4th quarter we just need to finish. This year we are probably going to end up with a top 5 pick. With a new coaching staff, albeit, we are probably going to have to go through some growing pains with the new staff but I still think we are in good position right now as a team.

SuperCam Career stat track.
48 GP
11,299 Pass Yards
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
boondock wrote:

Yeah man, it's crazy how much a year changes things.

I still think our future is bright, it's not like we're getting blown out all the time, we usually are leading in the 4th quarter we just need to finish. This year we are probably going to end up with a top 5 pick. With a new coaching staff, albeit, we are probably going to have to go through some growing pains with the new staff but I still think we are in good position right now as a team.

And that's the silver lining in all of this, we haven't really been in a game, outside of the Giants, where we actually got beat bad by another team. It's been mental mistakes, ST issues, bad play calling and poor D calls late in the game.

All of those can be corrected, albeit with coaching changes, but this team is still very competitive, just need to learn how to finish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: