Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stchamp98 Breaks Down OL; Chance Warmack Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack

vs. LSU. Clip Length: 9:36
Summary: Surprising agile for a man his size. Alabama runs a few traps with him, getting him squared up with what would be Barrett Jonesí man. He looks good each time. Seen him get out on 2 screens now, doesnít look too bad. Still, heís real big and when he gets overextended he usually ends up on the ground. Heís obviously not a natural knee bender (Which is to be expected. If he were a natural knee bender, heíd be playing left tackle). Incredibly aggressive with his hands. Ferocious hands. When he locks on to a defender theyíre usually done for. Watch him at the end of the 4 minute/early start of the 5 minute mark, youíll see amazing hand usage when you do. 1 thing I love and itís shown up a few times in pass protection is that heís always looking for someone to block and when he doesnít have anyone directly in front of him he goes and helps the guy next to him. Iíve seen 4-5 times now. I love that. Donít just stand around, always be looking for something positive to do. Warmack does that (LOL, as Iím typing this, he just did it again). Alabama has now pulled Warmack in pass protection for the 3rd time. Donít see that every day for a guy whoís 325. Has allowed 2 pressures though on speed moves that beat him off the snap, however. Sorry, 1 pressure. The other play was a run play that should have gotten blown up because of this but wasnít. Speed inside is an issue. A smaller, elite defensive tackle, IMO, would cause him problems. On the game winning touchdown Warmack pulls but doesnít actually make a block. Thereís no one there for him.

Side note: TE #89 for Alabama is a big time blocker. Make 3-4 HUGE blocks that spring big runs, 1 of which was like 30-40 yards off the right side (DJ Fluker made a nice block on that play too). On the final drive of the game, AJ McCarron had all day to throw. And when I say all day, I mean AllÖÖDAY.

Overall thoughts: Dealing with smaller, speedier defensive tackles is a real issue and while thatís true for most guards who are 325, I wonder if he isnít best suited for the RG spot where he likely wonít come in to play. Aside from that heís basically got every guard attribute you could want. Size, better athleticism than youíd think, pull ability, power, hands, a mean streak. Chance Warmack appears on this tape to be the real deal.

Grade: 9

vs. University of Tennessee. Clip Length: 10:07

Summary: 2 straight plays at around the 3:00-3:16 mark where Warmack pulls and Alabama runs directly behind him. 1st one goes for around 20+ down to about the 2 yard line, 2nd one goes for a fairly easy TD. Warmack made the key block on both plays. Man, they are pulling Warmack A TON in this game. Iíve counted 9 pulls to the right and Iím only at the 4:56 mark. Not 1 pressure allowed, stout the entire game. Anchors really well. Ferocious hands again. Heís definitely got a killer instinct and likes to hit people. Got way deep in space on a screen at the 6:20 mark and threw a pretty weak chip attempt at the DB. Not sure what else he could do there though, he obviously canít run with the guyÖWarmack pulls at the 9:10 mark and seals his guy off easily (TE help and #7 was there too). RB goes 45 yards to the house.

Side Notes: Alabama has the best offensive line in college football, hands down.

Overall Thoughts: Tennessee DT didnít seem very good to me which had to factor in but honestly, I donít see how anybody could play the guard position better than Chance Warmack did in this game.

Grade: 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: