Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O Line
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I hope we trade back in the 1st to take Warmack or Cooper later in the 1st and pick up another 2nd rder in a tackle or guard

Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The line is not playing as well as it was last year because of a change is style of play. We now need more athletic guys, vs. mountain men who are not supposed to be able to be moved. The result is a lethargic looking group of fat men. What will become of this group is unknown. We have so many other needs that we will have to get worse in order to get better....again. For like the 5 time in ten years.

I don't believe the talk that Jake Long is for sure gone. I think he might very well be retained. I still believe he can perform well in this system, but he needs more time. He may not be worthy of the contract he was hoping for after his performance this year. As a result, we may get a slight discount. I just don't think his leadership is something this team can afford to do without. Then again, I don't really know that this front office is wise enough to put an emphasis on leadership after the Bush benching.

What I do know is that there is no way we can revamp the entire line and still fill all the other needs we have that are so glaring. It looks like we are several years away from turning this thing around still, and it will be interesting to see if this regime gets the time it needs, or if its shown the door like so many before it.
Russ57

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have been used to having certain things even though the team isn't very good. We have been used to being a team that is hard to run against. We have used to being a team with a physical OL, one that has some degree of success on the ground

Who says those things are important and/or current/future goals of Philbin? Who says that because we had a stud LT we need another if Jake Long leaves? Who says that because we had guys like Solia and Starks we need them? Do we really care about the abilty to stop the run or our ability to run the ball? We have been acting like it is more important than the passing game!

Maybe we move Martin to LT and Pouncey to RG. A first round pick on a center is a bit of a luxury on an OL that stinks.....dontcha think?
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen names like Warmack and D.J. Fluker being brought up... are these guys really a fit in out ZBS ? neither are light on their feet.. and Fluker is giving up sacks and QB pressures way to much... I still say Barrett Jones at OG or he can and has played LT... and in a pinch backup at C...
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would take some luck and some money... but I wouldn't mind one bit to see our O-ine , next season be........................

Barrett Jones ..LT.. 6'5" 311

Andy Levitre.. LG.. 6'2" 302

Mike Pouncey.. C.. 6'5" 303

Omoregie Uzzi.. RG.. 6'3" 300

J. Martin .. RT.. 6'5" 312
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
it would take some luck and some money... but I wouldn't mind one bit to see our O-ine , next season be........................

Barrett Jones ..LT.. 6'5" 311

Andy Levitre.. LG.. 6'2" 302

Mike Pouncey.. C.. 6'5" 303

Omoregie Uzzi.. RG.. 6'3" 300

J. Martin .. RT.. 6'5" 312
Thank you sir for putting Andy levitre on here. He is my number 1 catch in free agency number 1 above all else. He is young he is perfect for zone blocking and was ranked by profootballfocus as one of the premier pass blocking G in the NFL. The bills have a tough decision on frnchise tag cause pro bowl S jarius byrd is a free agent to.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like barrot jones as well but like dallas thomas from the vols a little better plus he has experience playing Tackle
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
I like barrot jones as well but like dallas thomas from the vols a little better plus he has experience playing Tackle

Jones ahs played LT for Bama aswell and OG and is starting C this season.. just saying..
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true just dont think he can in the pro's as well as thomas can thomas is a little more athletic i like jones though and he is a leader. If they get levitre i will do cartwheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: