Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Miller, Promote John McNulty to OC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Cardinals fire Miller and Promote McNulty to OC
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Doesn't matter.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Fire Miller, Promote John McNulty to OC Reply with quote

Plain and simple, should the Cardinals fire Mike Miller and replace him with John McNulty as offensive coordinator for the remainder of the season?

As of today (11/19) the Cardinals are dead last in PPG and total points...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Miller may not be the direct problem but he is certainly not the solution and the players are obviously not responding to him.

A change is needed, and McNulty was highly sought after by Tampa and Schiano before the season began. However, the Cardinals blocked Tampa's efforts to make them their next OC.

McNulty is in his fourth season with the Cardinals, first as QB coach.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find it funny that everyone rails the offensive staff for not being able to develop a QB and now I see a thread demanding Ken Whisenhunt elevate the QBs coach to OC. That's funny to me.

At any rate, there's little wrong with the playcalling. Least of my worries, I can tell you that for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Find it funny that everyone rails the offensive staff for not being able to develop a QB and now I see a thread demanding Ken Whisenhunt elevate the QBs coach to OC. That's funny to me.

At any rate, there's little wrong with the playcalling. Least of my worries, I can tell you that for sure.

No matter how you spin it, we are the worst offense in football. We have the worst quarterback play, the worst offensive line play, an underachieving group of wide receivers and our backs canít stay healthy. It may not be fair to fire the coordinator in his first year, but thatís the NFL. We are not producing and there is no sign that things will get better, especially with defenses like Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle on the horizon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

No matter how you spin it, we are the worst offense in football. We have the worst quarterback play, the worst offensive line play, an underachieving group of wide receivers and our backs canít stay healthy. It may not be fair to fire the coordinator in his first year, but thatís the NFL. We are not producing and there is no sign that things will get better, especially with defenses like Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle on the horizon.

Bolded: It's Miller second year as OC but this...this is a cop out. We should fire a guy who is NOT the root of problem simply because "That's the NFL"? No, what that is bull.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Bolded: It's Miller second year as OC but this...this is a cop out. We should fire a guy who is NOT the root of problem simply because "That's the NFL"? No, what that is bull.

We have regressed as an offense from last year to this year and that's saying something.

You can't justify keeping a guy who orchestrates the worst offense in football week after week.

Jacksonville made a switch at QB this week and they put up 30+ points on a top 10 defense. They've had injuries to their starting QB and RB and have a first round WR they've chose to impliment and they aren't making excuses.

They're improving. They're making Henne better. We're imploding.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

We have regressed as an offense from last year to this year and that's saying something.

You can't justify keeping a guy who orchestrates the worst offense in football week after week.

Jacksonville made a switch at QB this week and they put up 30+ points on a top 10 defense. They've had injuries to their starting QB and RB and have a first round WR they've chose to impliment and they aren't making excuses.

They're improving. They're making Henne better. We're imploding.

I guess I'll start at the end with your little Jacksonville comment. First, Jacksonville didn't "make a switch" at QB. Blaine Gabbert is injured and would have started that game had he been healthy (I've got links to prove that if you'd like me to provide them). 2nd, Chad Henne's performance in 1 game, a trap game, doesn't negate his current 52% completion percentage (John Skelton's is 54.7%...) and 9-20, 3.7 yards per catch performance in a loss to 3-7 Oakland, a team with the league's worst secondary.

Next, you're right, Miller does orchestrate this offense. He orchestrated getting Todd Heap AND Ryan Williams open for easy red zone touchdowns against the Seahawks in week 1. He orchestrated getting Andre Roberts wide open for a sure 60 yard bomb TD against the Rams. He orchestrated getting LSH open on a well blocked screen for what should have a 70 yard game winning touchdown against the Bills and he orchestrated getting Larry Fitzgerald wide open for 7 yesterday in the 1st quarter. If we made those 5 plays for 35 more points, our offense would rise 6 spots in the offensive points scored column. 6 FULL SPOTS!!! With D'Anthony Batiste/Nate Potter at left tackle. With Adam Snyder at right guard. Without our 1st and 2nd string RBs. Hell, if we had made the Larry play yesterday and the LSH play against the Bills, we'd be 6-4 right now. That's reality. BUT, we didn't make those plays and the fact of the matter is that us not making those plays isn't Mike Miller's fault/problem. And yet, here you are...making it his problem. That's the definition of cop out.

Good teams don't do stuff like this. Making this move would be "Same old Cardinals" stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whis says he might make changes to coaches duties!

matthouston91 made it!
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz at his presser today...

Kent Somers‏@kentsomers

Whiz didn't rule out changes in coaching staff over last 6 games. Not firings necessarily but duty changes #AZCardinals

Darren Urban‏@Cardschatter

Whiz said after Sunday, he'd have to consider potential duty-changes on staff, for example play calling. Didn't say it would happen tho.

Kent Somers‏@kentsomers

Whiz on changes in staff/its duties: "There could be. ..When you have a day like we did yesterday, you have to, yea, sure."

You don't hear him going on and on about not executing like he has in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because it was a pointed question about the staff. And he's desperate.

Whatever, change the OC, I don't care. Just don't come crying to me when the offense stays the same with new playcalling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
That's because it was a pointed question about the staff. And he's desperate.

Whatever, change the OC, I don't care. Just don't come crying to me when the offense stays the same with new playcalling.

I don't think it could be any worse than it already is. No where to go but up.

41 yards passing Champ. 1 yard rushing or whatever it was against San Fran.

Tell me how things could be any worse. Whiz talks about a sense of urgency and is replacing players left and right, pulling Michael Floyd in the third quarter...

It's time Mike Miller is pulled.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling Floyd was idiotic and stupid, especially replacing him with a guy like Doucet..someone who had maybe the worst game of any WR in the football against Green Bay.

Floyd is a rookie who is going to make mistakes, just like Potter, Massie etc.

Ride with him. Going back and fourth makes Whiz look weak. Coach him up and make him better. Don't leave the 13th overall player taken on the bench while were last in offense.

Joke.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Pulling Floyd was idiotic and stupid, especially replacing him with a guy like Doucet..someone who had maybe the worst game of any WR in the football against Green Bay.

Ride with him. Going back and fourth makes Whiz look weak. Coach him up and make him better. Don't leave the 13th overall player taken on the bench while were last in offense.

Joke.

Lining up in the wrong place as a receiver is a terrible mistake. You cannot do that and expect nothing to come of it. That is the most basic part of the play and you cannot even get that right, how are we to know you know the right route to run, how are we to know that you are going to run the right depth.

If you cannot line up in the right spot get off the damn field.

Yes, Doucet struggled vs Green Bay, but he was also the only player consistently separating on Sunday. Andre Roberts has a habit of disappearing every now and again for entire games at a time. Fitzgerald has a terrible, terrible game. Housler was not getting space.

We had nowhere to go with the football, but Doucet came in and made catches and helped move the chains more than once.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly no fan of Miller, but champ is right, firing him changes nothing. and Promoting McNulty changes nothing. Kolb has certainly looked better this year, but Skelton has taken quite a few steps back. I'm not sure how much credit/heat he deserves for those players performances either. That may have been the outcome with any QBs coach.

sig made by mike23md
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Joke.

Lining up in the wrong place as a receiver is a terrible mistake. You cannot do that and expect nothing to come of it. That is the most basic part of the play and you cannot even get that right, how are we to know you know the right route to run, how are we to know that you are going to run the right depth.

If you cannot line up in the right spot get off the damn field.

Yes, Doucet struggled vs Green Bay, but he was also the only player consistently separating on Sunday. Andre Roberts has a habit of disappearing every now and again for entire games at a time. Fitzgerald has a terrible, terrible game. Housler was not getting space.

We had nowhere to go with the football, but Doucet came in and made catches and helped move the chains more than once.

Bolded: Very glad you brought that up.

"Rookie receiver Michael Floyd was benched after lining up wrong, but Whisenhunt said Floyd also had come out of a route wrong earlier, leading to an incompletion."

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2012/11/19/no-qb-announcement-but-a-bunch-of-other-news/

I'm sure somehow Mike Miller was behind this too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my "Doesn't matter" vote above. I seriously don't understand how someone could come away from yesterday's game thinking that the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for the players inability to execute. Did we see formations and plays that have not been utilized earlier in the year? No. Other than Lindley coming into the game early, there were no surprises. We're over halfway through the season, the players should know their assignments, should know what the play calls mean, and should know how to perform their duties. And to be fair, the majority of them have been doing that this season.

Yesterday, too many players came up short. It really was as simple as that...missed blocks, errant sure TD passes, short-arming what should have been a long completion, missed tackles, dropped balls, poor choice of lane selection, etc. A different guy telling them to concentrate and do their job is going to make a difference? Please. Rolling Eyes First off, the current staff, obviously held Floyd, for example, accountable and sent a message...what more could someone else have done? Hugged him and written up a cheat sheet so he can remember where he's supposed to line up?!? Second, these players are professionals - they know they need to be sharp and execute. A different voice would not equal setting a new fire under these guys. They didn't give up or play with a total lack of discipline, they just collectively had too many players with sub-par games and we still legitimately were a threat to win a game virtually no one said we had a chance at winning! Just stop with this knee-jerk reaction nonsense and focus on next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: