Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Mock Draft Trade Down
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Miami Mock Draft Trade Down Reply with quote

Draft order based on Chomp_Chomp's mock draft

Miami Dolphins trade #15 overall to the Minnesota Vikings for #19, #51, and #115.

Round 1.
no 19. OG Chance Warmack ALABAMA

Round 2.
no 47. OT DJ Fluker ALABAMA
no 51. WR Deandre Hopkins CLEMSON
no 54. OG Larry Warford KENTUCKY

Round 3.
no 79. WR Cobi Hamilton ARKANSAS
n0 94. CB Nickell Robey SOUTHERN CAL.

Round 4.
no 111. OT Xavier Nixon FLORIDA
no 115. LB Nico Johnson ALABAMA

Round 5
no 143. WR Tavarres King GEORGIA

Round 6.
no 181. FS Ray Ray Armstrong FAULKNER COLLEGE

Round 7.
no 209. CB Branden Smith GEORGIA
no 210. RB Zac Stacy VANDY

Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice mock. I would like to know why the Vikings are hot to move up 4 slots and trade three of their picks.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 2, Tackles 4 Assists 2

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 2 : Death 10 Joe 7
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluker.. please say No.. too many QB pressures and sacks.....
hammer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Maimi picks as low as 15 I'll be in shock. Not sure the Bama boys fit our system.
NBA: New York Knicks
Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty SEC heavy.

I like the SEC but this is over the top.

If you want athletic moving lineman I would probably look outside the SEC. Seems to be big road graders as opposed to high octane pass protectors. Just me.

I would get my Dlinemen/CB/LB/S from the SEC. They seem to have alot of defensive talent in that conference. Again just me. And I will add, I never wanted anything to do with Julio Jones. Big wrong there.

So its not in stone, there just seems to be the right fit in other conferences for some positions.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins probably won't come out.

I've changed my stance on him although I'd love to have him.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was my Mock back on Oct 29th... IMO Moore will never last til 2nd rd .. so I'm thinking CB with 2nd rd pick and if
Hopkins don't come out.. we grab another WR in 2nd..

RD1- BARRETT JONES.. OL.. Alabama... 6'5" 311.. can play any pos. on OL... maybe LT if we don't bring Long back... OG of we do

RD2- DEMONTRE MOORE... DE/OLB... Texas A&M... 6'4" 250
52 tkls.. 15 tfl.. 8.5 sacks this season... nice rotation of young DE's
Wake.. Avril...Moore..

RD2- DEANDRE HOPKINS.. WR... Clemson.. 6'1" 200..
last yr had 72 rec. 978 yrds.. 5 tds... this yr so far..
52 rec.. 845 yrds..9 tds

RD3- JOSEPH FAURIA.. TE.. UCLA... 6'7" 255....
good blocker.. good hands.. big target

RD3- OMOREGIE UZZI... OG.. Georgia Tech.. 6'3" 300
good fit for ZBS.. has no problem blocking at 2nd lvl..

RD4- NICO JOHNSON... ILB.. Alabama... 6'3" 245
we need depth at LB
Russ57

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to understand why any fan would want the team to spend a high first round pick on a OG.

To my way of thinking, as far as OL goes, only the LT needs to be a first round pick. Next in terms of money would be RT, RG, LG, and finally the center.

Spend your money on difference makers. I'm making my first round pick someone who puts points on the board or someone that takes the ball away (or in the case of a LT, prevents a take away).

As far as this draft I see more guys that take the ball away than put points on the board in the "under 15th pick" range. I'd rather it was the other way around but I call it like I see it.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
I'm trying to understand why any fan would want the team to spend a high first round pick on a OG.

To my way of thinking, as far as OL goes, only the LT needs to be a first round pick. Next in terms of money would be RT, RG, LG, and finally the center.

Spend your money on difference makers. I'm making my first round pick someone who puts points on the board or someone that takes the ball away (or in the case of a LT, prevents a take away).

As far as this draft I see more guys that take the ball away than put points on the board in the "under 15th pick" range. I'd rather it was the other way around but I call it like I see it.

Yeah. It's inconceivable we'd spend our 1st on a Guard. I'd be disappointed if Philbin felt his staff wasn't capable of developing a 2nd or 3rd round pick at Left- and Right-Tackle actually.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:

I was with you until you mentioned the "difference makers" part. There are two reasons why this offense is not being run at full capacity, and not having weapons is the 2nd reason. The first reason is the guards. In this offense they are clear difference makers and the ones we have seem to be making life harder for the tackles. They are the week links of the line.

We are missing screens, roll outs and a few pulling run plays specifically because of the lack of ability and athleticism at guard.

Now depending on the depth at the position compared to the skill set necessary to play the position, you may be able to find starters in the middle rounds, but I wouldn't say they are not difference makers. If you listen to some people around here these guards would cost sherman his job.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
this was my Mock back on Oct 29th... IMO Moore will never last til 2nd rd .. so I'm thinking CB with 2nd rd pick and if
Hopkins don't come out.. we grab another WR in 2nd..

RD1- BARRETT JONES.. OL.. Alabama... 6'5" 311.. can play any pos. on OL... maybe LT if we don't bring Long back... OG of we do

RD2- DEMONTRE MOORE... DE/OLB... Texas A&M... 6'4" 250
52 tkls.. 15 tfl.. 8.5 sacks this season... nice rotation of young DE's
Wake.. Avril...Moore..

RD2- DEANDRE HOPKINS.. WR... Clemson.. 6'1" 200..
last yr had 72 rec. 978 yrds.. 5 tds... this yr so far..
52 rec.. 845 yrds..9 tds

RD3- JOSEPH FAURIA.. TE.. UCLA... 6'7" 255....
good blocker.. good hands.. big target

RD3- OMOREGIE UZZI... OG.. Georgia Tech.. 6'3" 300
good fit for ZBS.. has no problem blocking at 2nd lvl..

RD4- NICO JOHNSON... ILB.. Alabama... 6'3" 245
we need depth at LB

I like this....

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Russ57

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, are you implying that it takes a first round pick to find a guard that can pull or get out in front of a screen play?

Right now our QB needs a running attack. In the future I hope it won't be an actual "need".
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
Doc, are you implying that it takes a first round pick to find a guard that can pull or get out in front of a screen play?

Right now our QB needs a running attack. In the future I hope it won't be an actual "need".

Dolphinologist has this thing where he starts to fidget when people talk about skill position players. He can't really control his fingers and he types crazy stuff about Guards in the 1st. You have to whisper about some stuff around here, it's still rather taboo.

Oh Teddy Ginn...your ghost still haunts us! Laughing
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:

Not at all Russ, I'm agreeing that a 1st round guards are not a necessity. Where I disagree is by saying that guards in this offense are not difference makers. They have been making a big difference so far. Because we can all see now that this offense needs two new ones.

And i wouldn't recommend listening to Phinmun. You'll just be the other butt cheek in his [inappropriate/removed]' self portrait. ANd you're better than that.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the thing... Jones would more then likely play OG for us.... unless we don't keep Long.. then he ( IMO) be a LT... He has Played Every OL position... he (IMO) would be great in a ZBS... and if it WAS so easy to develop a 3rd - 4th rd OG... then WHY can we ? OG has been a need even before this season....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: