Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovenastia wrote:
You guys are insane. Alex is a top 10 QB in this league, probably around 8 and you want to replace him with some raw 2nd year player? I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but the offense went down the drain with Kaepernick in the game. He missed WIDE open players for sure fire touchdowns.

He's not ready. I doubt he'll be ready next year. Why do you guys want to replace Alex so badly? It doesn't make any sense.

You are absolutely correct, yet there are those here that want to do just that. Personally, I would like to get used to our recent winning ways...and let Harbaugh decide who will play. Think
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovenastia wrote:
You guys are insane. Alex is a top 10 QB in this league, probably around 8 and you want to replace him with some raw 2nd year player? I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but the offense went down the drain with Kaepernick in the game. He missed WIDE open players for sure fire touchdowns.

He's not ready. I doubt he'll be ready next year. Why do you guys want to replace Alex so badly? It doesn't make any sense.

A couple of random counter-points.

You say Alex is a top 10 QB in the league - this year, I believe that's true. But it's only been this year. Last year he was middle of the pack, and before that he's never been seen as a top 20 guy. Just as we don't know what we have with Kaepernick, we can't be 100% sure that Alex isn't just having an anomaly of a season. Plus, we credit Harbaugh for turning Alex's career around, who's to say he can't use the best parts of Kaepernick and turn him into a QB with a top 10 season either?

I don't know more than a poster or two who wants to replace him this year. I still remain uncertain about whether or not he'd be able to do so next year.

The offense didn't move well the first two drives of the game (10 plays 37 yards) when Alex was in, and it didn't move well for Kaepernick's first 3 drives (13 plays 31 yards), but after that BOTH moved the offense very well. Alex led his TD drive. Kaepernick led three straight drives (one on a short field) that resulted in points (2 TDs & game-tying field goal), and in OT on Kaepernick's fourth straight drive, he led the team into game-winning field goal range where Akers missed a 41-yard field goal. Kaepernick did take an extra drive to get moving over Alex, yes, but this was his first meaningful real-game experience. I'm happy with how he did. And I don't see how it was much different than how Alex moved the ball in the same game.

Missing wide-open players for TDs?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap1000000082120/Smith-intercepted-in-end-zone

Looks like neither player is immune to it.

Kaepernick is meant to be the future, and I think he has a good one - but that's still that, the future. However, he'll have a chance to show what he can do against a really good defense, and sadly - I think it's going to be ugly.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovenastia wrote:

Alex would have never made those throws lets be real. If he would have he would have over thrown them or floated them out of bounds.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
ilovenastia wrote:

A couple of random counter-points.

You say Alex is a top 10 QB in the league - this year, I believe that's true. But it's only been this year. Last year he was middle of the pack, and before that he's never been seen as a top 20 guy. Just as we don't know what we have with Kaepernick, we can't be 100% sure that Alex isn't just having an anomaly of a season. Plus, we credit Harbaugh for turning Alex's career around, who's to say he can't use the best parts of Kaepernick and turn him into a QB with a top 10 season either?

I don't know more than a poster or two who wants to replace him this year. I still remain uncertain about whether or not he'd be able to do so next year.

The offense didn't move well the first two drives of the game (10 plays 37 yards) when Alex was in, and it didn't move well for Kaepernick's first 3 drives (13 plays 31 yards), but after that BOTH moved the offense very well. Alex led his TD drive. Kaepernick led three straight drives (one on a short field) that resulted in points (2 TDs & game-tying field goal), and in OT on Kaepernick's fourth straight drive, he led the team into game-winning field goal range where Akers missed a 41-yard field goal. Kaepernick did take an extra drive to get moving over Alex, yes, but this was his first meaningful real-game experience. I'm happy with how he did. And I don't see how it was much different than how Alex moved the ball in the same game.

Missing wide-open players for TDs?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/0ap1000000082120/Smith-intercepted-in-end-zone

Looks like neither player is immune to it.

Kaepernick is meant to be the future, and I think he has a good one - but that's still that, the future. However, he'll have a chance to show what he can do against a really good defense, and sadly - I think it's going to be ugly.

Spoken like a guy who believes QBR is completely meaningless, even though most people accept it, even if somewhat flawed, as the best measure of a QB's overall performance.

Last edited by big9erfan on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
ilovenastia wrote:

Alex would have never made those throws lets be real. If he would have he would have over thrown them or floated them out of bounds.

How long will this myth persist?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did this thread become about Alex Smith?

This is supposed to be about Colin Kaepernick. It seems like every thread now gets turned into an Alex Smith debate Rolling Eyes

A "Defense is playing poorly" thread.....ALEX SMITH is at fault!! heres 10 pages on why he sucks! heres 10 more pages on why hes good!

Why does this keep happening?!?!

I come in here to read some intelligent posts on thoughts of Kaep and his upcoming start and growth as a QB, ect..

Instead all we get is multiple pages of constant bickering of Alex Smith. Everyone knows everyone's opinion on Smith, why must it keep killing other threads with nothing to do with Alex??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Why did this thread become about Alex Smith?

This is supposed to be about Colin Kaepernick. It seems like every thread now gets turned into an Alex Smith debate Rolling Eyes

A "Defense is playing poorly" thread.....ALEX SMITH is at fault!! heres 10 pages on why he sucks! heres 10 more pages on why hes good!

Why does this keep happening?!?!

I come in here to read some intelligent posts on thoughts of Kaep and his upcoming start and growth as a QB, ect..

Instead all we get is multiple pages of constant bickering of Alex Smith. Everyone knows everyone's opinion on Smith, why must it keep killing other threads with nothing to do with Alex??

Agreed, let's bring this back to Kaepernick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Harbaugh has been preaching to Kaep all week to throw the ball away if he's in trouble. The last thing we need is for him to make "rookie" mistakes (I know he's not a rookie) and turn the ball over to this Chicago defense. If you're in trouble scramble and get as many yards as you can, take a sack, or throw the ball away, DON'T TURN THE BALL OVER!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really hoping Alex would start this game, but I'm also excited to see Kaepernick in his first actual start.

Seeing as how today is my birthday, I would love for my present to be a win tonight.

Hopefully, Kaep has been working on his ball protection and understands that the Bears are the last team in the league you want to experiment with or "show off" your arm. Save that for a scrub team.

So, I'm expecting him to work with what the defense gives him and trusts his receivers to get some YAC to move the chains. Also, Colin, don't think handing it off to Gore/Hunter/??? makes it look like you're not trusted, it's just the type of offense we run. Alex has to deal with the same criticisms. If we can gas out the Bears' defense by sustaining long drives and not turning the ball over, we win this game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
I was really hoping Alex would start this game, but I'm also excited to see Kaepernick in his first actual start.

Seeing as how today is my birthday, I would love for my present to be a win tonight.

Hopefully, Kaep has been working on his ball protection and understands that the Bears are the last team in the league you want to experiment with or "show off" your arm. Save that for a scrub team.

So, I'm expecting him to work with what the defense gives him and trusts his receivers to get some YAC to move the chains. Also, Colin, don't think handing it off to Gore/Hunter/??? makes it look like you're not trusted, it's just the type of offense we run. Alex has to deal with the same criticisms. If we can gas out the Bears' defense by sustaining long drives and not turning the ball over, we win this game.

Happy Birthday man!

What I do like about Kap is his ability to extend the play. Guys like Rodgers and Roethlesberger are great at this and as a result have a lot of explosive plays. I could see Kap buying time and hitting some big plays tonight.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Happy Birthday man!

What I do like about Kap is his ability to extend the play. Guys like Rodgers and Roethlesberger are great at this and as a result have a lot of explosive plays. I could see Kap buying time and hitting some big plays tonight.

I agree 100%

We got to see a little bit of that last week where he would get away from a would be sack and keep his eyes down field. Seeing that got me excited cuz thats where the big gashing plays that mentally defeat a defense come from. Hes going to connect on those types of plays and its going to be for huge gains.

And happy birthday!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

To top it off, we just moved and the Direct TV and internet guys won't be able to get out there until the 29th. So, I'll either have to find a bar to go watch the game tonight or find a friend that's willing to let me watch it there.

Sad

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Thanks, guys!

To top it off, we just moved and the Direct TV and internet guys won't be able to get out there until the 29th. So, I'll either have to find a bar to go watch the game tonight or find a friend that's willing to let me watch it there.

Sad

Dude, it's your birthday - bar the crap out of the town.

And check your PMs.

But mostly the bar thing.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
Ataal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Ataal wrote:
Thanks, guys!

Sad

Dude, it's your birthday - bar the crap out of the town.

And check your PMs.

But mostly the bar thing.

I suppose I could get a taxi to the bar and then call my girlfriend to pick me up after her roller derby practice.... Well, then we have to win tonight. There's no way I can deal with almost 100 Cardinals fans tomorrow if we lose AND I'm hungover. :p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be nice to see Kap get some valuable experience - although I could think of a ton of defenses other than the Bears that might be a better way for him to get his first start. Time to see how much of the offense he's picked up in his season and a half of practice. More importantly, time to see what he's learned about reading defenses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: