Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame: GB (7-3) 24, DET (4-6) 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Did not deserve to win that game but I'll take it. We've had way too many lackluster performances and not enough laugherty Daniels.

Did not deserve to win? Excuse me? We went in our division rival's house, without our top three play makers(Jennings, Matthews, Woodson), a busted offensive line, and had bad luck the entire game and still won.

And against a team playing for their season. This might be one of our better W's of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
Major_Momscream wrote:
+Casey Hayward, showing veteran patience out there.
+Cobb!
+Finley, for catching a ball or 2. I think he scored a tuchdown, too.
+Starks. Did nothing egregiously stupid.

-Crosby, but he'll bounce back...maybe next year.
-O-line. But that was expected.
-Rodgers. Just didn't look himself, but that is a tough d-line.

And major negative for Tramon Williams. Calls himself Optimus Prime and he was jogging around out there like it was practice. If Stafford didn't play so badly, Tramon gets burned even more and the Packers get blown out.

MVP = Matt Stafford.

The guy he was lined up against kind of had something to do with that. How people fail to realize this is mind boggling.

It is shocking how BIG Megatron is when you see him lined up against DBs. Tramon shouldn't have opened his big mouth but covering CJ is a huge proposition for even the league's best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.flash wrote:
It would have been a killer to lose this game. This W feels good. We didn't play well for the majority of this game but our offense came back when it needed to and the defense made the necessary stops to ice it. I was frustrated with the refs for most of the day as well as our OL. I'm not very confident in those front 5 and I don't think Aaron is as well. Speaking of Aaron, he was off today but this man is taking a beating each and every week. Proud of the way he led us down the field for the game winning touchdown.

I never underestimate divisional rivals and I felt today was just another divisional fight. Nick Fairley embarrassed Saturday today. I thought Leshoure ran hard. Stafford… I don't know what happened but he looks terrible. He missed two touchdown passes to Calvin and was off target on several others. I thought he was one of the upcoming guys, even touted him as a top 8 QB but he just looks bad. I hate the way he whines after every call and gets up gimpy after every hit.

Mason…sure you're in a slump. But this is the NFL, 6 for the last 13 is inexcusable. Almost cost us this game.

FINLEYYYYYYY. It begins. I hope this game today propels him to the greatness he can attain if he works for it. Shut up the haters JMike and get to work.

I liked the way our defense played today, given Clay's absence. That secondary has some upcoming studs. Very Happy

Fairley can embarrass even the best O linemen. I'm just glad we got out of Dodge with Rodgers still in one piece.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spike64 wrote:
+ JMike. Dude had a huge game for only have 3 targets
+ Randall Cobb
+Casey Heyward

-Playcalling. I'm all for establishing the run, but this squad shouldn't have more rushes than passes, imo.
-Rodgers' INT. You gotta make a better throw than that
-Mason Crosby, obviously.

With our patch-work line I had no problem running the ball. If you can run it at all it will keep pass rushers from pinning their ears back and we're gonna need more of that next week in NY.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
Moses was a factor all game long. Perry never even came close to a game like this ... and both are rookies. "Silly" or not, I would have to look at moving Perry to DE and get both he and Moses on the field.

Give Perry some time to learn his craft.

With that being said, Moses looked damn good throughout. That pocket collapsed time and time again.

The defense stepped up all game. That redzone stop was the difference. Coverage was brilliant, safeties looked great, and the backers were solid throughout. I'm very pleased. A road win against a divisional opponent is critical. We're getting healthier, too, and no injuries in a hard fought win is pleasing to see. Very, very happy with this performance even though it was ugly throughout.

We have to remember he is learning a whole new position.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
We got away with PI in the end zone in the 4th quarter when we were down 3, I believe.

Didn't we?

I was thinking the same thing! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A divisional win on the road is taken everytime no matter how ugly. But ugly is the way we have been winning, and im fine with that.

+++Cobb
+++Hayword
+Nelson back
+Finley
+Hawk making plays
+++Winning streak!

-Rodgers
-----Crosy (will he survive season?)
--Oline
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Why complain about the refs in a game you won?

The refs missed some holding calls, and some pass interference calls, and maybe a facemask or two. Refs in every game always miss some of those calls.
IMO it was pretty dang 1 sided. If you are going to call a game tight, then call it tight. We were not getting the same calls they were very easy to see IMO.

Personally, I find complaining about referees in what was a fairly ordinarily officiated game to be unbecoming, particularly when you win.

You hate to see bad calls in any game because you want the players to determine the outcome of a game, not the officials.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:
Where is the GDT for next week? Is it just me or is this forum slowly dying?

Were you being serious? Laughing
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:
Why complain about the refs in a game you won?

The refs missed some holding calls, and some pass interference calls, and maybe a facemask or two. Refs in every game always miss some of those calls.
IMO it was pretty dang 1 sided. If you are going to call a game tight, then call it tight. We were not getting the same calls they were very easy to see IMO.

Personally, I find complaining about referees in what was a fairly ordinarily officiated game to be unbecoming, particularly when you win.

Complaining only when you lose makes one look like a sore loser who solely blames loses on the refs when looking for an excuse. There were some bad calls in that game, I don't see the problem in pointing them out despite winning.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ Hawk - Another impressive game from AJ, has been real aggressive this year
+ Marshall Newhouse - Probably had the easiest draw of the lineman but none the less he won, did a real solid job on KVB.
+ JerMichael - I was his hugest supporter, I jump ship and then he has a game like this? He can be off the schmidt list for 1 week.
+ Cobb - Still raw as a true WR but hopefully in time it all clicks and it sure looks like it will, he is special.
+ Dirty Dread Boyz - Dezman and Erik had very good games yesterday, not afraid to ever have them on the field.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Major_Momscream

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
The guys I don't think have played all that well on defense are BJ Raji, Ryan Pickett, Brad Jones and CJ Wilson. (Pickett being the best of that group) The young DL like Neal and Daniels and Worthy when he is healthy have really played well of late. The Packer "D" is a much improved group.

You don't think Pickett and Jones played well? I didn't focus on Raji or Wilson's play a whole lot, but Wilson has been phenomenal over this season's course, and those two nose tackles held that line. I was especially impressed with Pickett's effort, I had to hit the rewind a couple times because I was in denial that he was actually getting penetration on as many passing plays. Brad Jones had I think 2 near-sacks and a TFL, and he was even keeping pace with Calvin Johnson's crossing route on that Sheffler bomb. And speaking of motors, Mike Daniels can RUN. My favorite play was when one rookie forced a Stafford fumble and another rookie scooped it up with a somersault Laughing
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
We got away with PI in the end zone in the 4th quarter when we were down 3, I believe.

Didn't we?

I was thinking the same thing! Shocked
meh it wasn't that egregious. Young clearly initiated the contact and fell all his own. There was more blatant contact not called at other times
Willink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/19/refo-packers-lions-week-11/

Quote:
The Packers’ second-round pick (Hayward) got his hands to four of Stafford’s passes, intercepting one and breaking up three more. In a season of incredible metrics this was one of Hayward’s best and for the second time this season he allowed an NFL Rating of 0.0 on passes targeted to his coverage.

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/19/refo-packers-lions-week-11/

Quote:
The Packers’ second-round pick (Hayward) got his hands to four of Stafford’s passes, intercepting one and breaking up three more. In a season of incredible metrics this was one of Hayward’s best and for the second time this season he allowed an NFL Rating of 0.0 on passes targeted to his coverage.
Him on Victor Cruz all week next week please!!!! Kidz a beast dooo!!!!

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: