Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

= Merc's 8th Annual Fin Forum Fantasy League =
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the hunt. As long as I get in the playoffs I'll be happy. The thing about my team, which I haven't decided if it is good or bad yet is that Tony Romo has yet to really get hot. He usually is a beast for fantasy, and hasn't shown it. Hopefully he does but even if he doesn't I always have Alex Smith.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
skatewood2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some key changes this week and forgot to go back in and put them in my lineup. I can't believe that I messed up so much. I need to get back on the winning side of this season.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been asleep at the wheel this year with keeping this updated in the forum. My apologies. I am busier than a one legged man in an butt kicking contest lately. No excuses. I'll try and be better about it. Here are the current standings

Fin Forum Fantasy League
1. Bryan's Cox 7-1 L1
2. Brawlin' Baldys 6-2 W2
3. Team 9954 6-2 W4
4. To The HOUSED 5-3 W1
5. Merc's Maulers 5-3 W2
6. FinMan Dominates 4-4 W1
7. Seattle Blue Fins 4-4 W1
8. First Place Fasel 3-5 L2
9. Miami Midgets 3-5 L1
10. Belfast Irish Lads 2-6 L1
11. SmokeRicky Smoke 2-6 L4
12. Dolfan4life Detroyers 1-7 L5

Top 6 make the playoffs, which means most teams are still in the hunt.
Mercury22

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to add that its been brought to my attention that a few teams are not updating their rosters....or keeping active lineups in place. I'd like to ask each and everyone of you to try and keep the lineups up to date no injured or bye week players in starting rolls). It keeps the integrity of the league and makes it so no one has a cake walk for a week. In the past we've had a rule that anyone that fails to keep a lineup properly adjusted for more than 3 weeks won't be back the following year. I'd prefer not to get that aggressive with this, but I'd also prefer not to be put in that position.

Thanks gents.

Kindly,

Merc
skatewood2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I'd also like to add that its been brought to my attention that a few teams are not updating their rosters....or keeping active lineups in place. I'd like to ask each and everyone of you to try and keep the lineups up to date no injured or bye week players in starting rolls). It keeps the integrity of the league and makes it so no one has a cake walk for a week. In the past we've had a rule that anyone that fails to keep a lineup properly adjusted for more than 3 weeks won't be back the following year. I'd prefer not to get that aggressive with this, but I'd also prefer not to be put in that position.

Thanks gents.

Kindly,

Merc

I apologize Merc, it was probably me for one of those weeks. I ran out of time before we got back underway to fix my lineup. But the good thing is that I am home for good a week from today so I should be all set. That and I one spot out of playoff contention so i am working it.

Good luck everyone, unless you play me Wink

NFL - Miami Dolphins
Mercury22

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Thanks gents.

Kindly,

Merc

I apologize Merc, it was probably me for one of those weeks. I ran out of time before we got back underway to fix my lineup. But the good thing is that I am home for good a week from today so I should be all set. That and I one spot out of playoff contention so i am working it.

No worries at all skatewood. I know your circumstances are exceptional. This wasn't directed to you. There are a few teams not stepping up.
fasel1515

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
skatewood2 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Thanks gents.

Kindly,

Merc

No worries at all skatewood. I know your circumstances are exceptional. This wasn't directed to you. There are a few teams not stepping up.

My team just sucksssss... Sad
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I ran into Doug Martin this week.....

That was fun.. Crying or Very sad

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Mercury22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

yeah, that must have stung. Martin is making a case for ROY even with a RGIII.

Fantasy Football is a fantastic and annoying game. You can have a great week but if you face a team with a performance like Martin had this week you are in trouble.

Anyway, hang in there Irish. Maybe, I should offer you a trade. Every trade I make seems to make your team better. Smile
skatewood2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

Fantasy Football is a fantastic and annoying game. You can have a great week but if you face a team with a performance like Martin had this week you are in trouble.

Anyway, hang in there Irish. Maybe, I should offer you a trade. Every trade I make seems to make your team better. Smile

Don't do it Merc, don't cave. Just kidding, but I agree that it is so hard to predict and it's getting worse.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:

Thanks gents.

Kindly,

Merc

I know I missed 2 weeks in a row, I am sorry My 17 year old son attempted to take his life a few weeks back. He is fine and getting help, I will keep up with the team for the remander of the season, sorry guys.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

I dont know. A lot of the trades I wanted to make earlier in the year would have back fired on me.

That being said. My team needs something.

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Mercury22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Thanks gents.

Kindly,

Merc

I know I missed 2 weeks in a row, I am sorry My 17 year old son attempted to take his life a few weeks back. He is fine and getting help, I will keep up with the team for the remander of the season, sorry guys.

So sorry, DM. No worries at all. Much more important things than Fantasy Football. I appreciate you trying to keep the team up under such difficult circumstance. All the best to you and your family!
fasel1515

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with 2 weeks left in the regular season (I believe) I am 4-6 behind 5 6-4 teams. That means for me to make the playoffs I need to win the last two weeks (this week and next week) and I need 2 6-4 teams to lose out. I pretty much have sowed up a W this week and it is projected that 4 6-4 teams will lose this week. So, there is hope!!!
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the first year in the last 7 years that I have not made the playoffs. The last time I didnt make the playoffs was the first time I ever played fantasy football and I drafted Daunte Culpepper with the 8th overall pick. He would later suffer a serious knee injury early in the season..

Good luck to the rest of you guys! Smile

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: