Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Malik wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.

The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.

No one in the media is considering him for the award though.

Yes, obviously now. But that wasn't the case as of yesterday. I think it's a pretty obvious statement to make that he isn't a MVP candidate a hour or two after he threw no tds and 5 picks, don't you?

I don't think too many people in the media were even considering him yesterday, personally.

Oh come on. NOW you are going to give the media credit for not looking at things like the MVP award simplistically???

I'm not doing anything other than simply saying I don't recall a single talking head saying a word about Matt Ryan being a possible MVP candidate.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this not locked..?

OP is trolling, troll is obvious.

If that's how this works then why not start a thread for every non-MVP caliber player?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

If that's how this works then why not start a thread for every non-MVP caliber player?

Some people viewed him as a solid MVP candidate. The OP is stating why he believe that isn't the case.

tylerdouglass wrote:
Someone disagreeing with you doesn't make them a troll, so let's keep away from name calling.

If you think someone is trolling or looking to incite anger, PM a mod and let them deal with it.

Moderation of topics isn't up for debate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Some people viewed him as a solid MVP candidate. The OP is stating why he believe that isn't the case.

I understand that. Then why not make the thread directly state this is one persons thoughts? Also the OP doesn't make much sense to me either. However I guess I'm not supposed to judge.

Anyway I agree that today hurt his chances, but I do still think that there is a chance. The thread title is very opinionative and not distinct enough for my liking.

Maybe I'm being too protective over the players I like, but still.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
adam9 wrote:

I understand that. Then why not make the thread directly state this is one persons thoughts? Also the OP doesn't make much sense to me either. However I guess I'm not supposed to judge.

Anyway I agree that today hurt his chances, but I do still think that there is a chance. The thread title is very opinionative and not distinct enough for my liking.

Maybe I'm being too protective over the players I like, but still.

Hey, I agree with you, I think he's still in the running. We can't just lock up every thread we disagree with though. If someone is making a good argument, it generally creates good discussion, even if others disagree.

Also, about being too protective over your guy, it happens to all of us. If someone made a thread dissing Brees you'd probably see me on the news.

The headline would be something like "Man takes hostages. Requesting someone to say Brees is great."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I didn't want a lock because I disagree though, more because I open the thread expecting a guy trying to generate discussion, but it was more like "Matt Ryan has won 2 games where he threw 3+ picks, he shouldn't be MVP". Makes no sense at all to me and is trying to generate the wrong types of discussion, I believe. It's all cool though I guess.

Have fun in here guys this will more than likely be the last time I open this thread.

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew this would happen, that's why I had to log in today. This thread is so full of troll, it wouldn't fit under the Golden Gate bridge. Laughing

It doesn't matter that he's in the top 4 of every passing category, he has 2 bad games and it's completely over with 6 games left.

It doesn't matter that there was a thread a while ago about the underrated amazing Arizona defense.

It doesn't matter that the Falcons won or that Julio was injured.

It doesn't matter that there wasn't a semblance of a run game to help balance the offense with 2.4 yards per carry.

It doesn't matter that, in the late 4th quarter, Matt Ryan drove the Falcons down the field to score a TD completing 4/5 passes for 64 yards and converting on a 3rd and long in the red zone, where Gonzalez was 1 yard short of the end zone.

Yes, he played awful. He pulled it out in the end and was clutch again, however. But he played awful for most parts of this game. I can fully admit that. I don't think anyone is being fair in recognizing the plays he made, most are just calling him out on his mistakes. You have to look at his overall piece of work and say "Here's what he's done well, here's what he's done poorly." And overall, he's still a top 5 passer statistically.

Nobody's going to be happy. I'm done with this. This thread merits no more than one post.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
wow. 2 bad games could hurt him from getting the MVP. Who cares about MVP though. Falcons want a super bowl.

however, he didn't have Julio Jones at anywhere near full speed today and the Cardinals schemed very well against him. plus he had the worst day of his career. It happens.

Rodgers didn't have Nelson or Jennings when facing the Cardinals.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbllstr22 wrote:
Knew this would happen, that's why I had to log in today. This thread is so full of troll, it wouldn't fit under the Golden Gate bridge. Laughing

It doesn't matter that he's in the top 4 of every passing category, he has 2 bad games and it's completely over with 6 games left.

It doesn't matter that there was a thread a while ago about the underrated amazing Arizona defense.

It doesn't matter that the Falcons won or that Julio was injured.

It doesn't matter that there wasn't a semblance of a run game to help balance the offense with 2.4 yards per carry.

It doesn't matter that, in the late 4th quarter, Matt Ryan drove the Falcons down the field to score a TD completing 4/5 passes for 64 yards and converting on a 3rd and long in the red zone, where Gonzalez was 1 yard short of the end zone.

Yes, he played awful. He pulled it out in the end and was clutch again, however. But he played awful for most parts of this game. I can fully admit that. I don't think anyone is being fair in recognizing the plays he made, most are just calling him out on his mistakes. You have to look at his overall piece of work and say "Here's what he's done well, here's what he's done poorly." And overall, he's still a top 5 passer statistically.

Nobody's going to be happy. I'm done with this. This thread merits no more than one post.

100% with this its an joke how Ryan has a bad game and he becomes overrated.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Matt Ryan is not an MVP candidate Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
Malik wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
JuicyJax wrote:
The Atlanta Falcons have gone 2-0 in games where Matt Ryan has thrown 3 or more interceptions. With an improved defense playing fairly strong, a solid offensive line, and being surrounded by weapons to throw the ball to Matt Ryan simply is not MVP worthy in my eyes.

The key being "in your eyes."

The MVP goes to a good QB with nice stats and lots of wins. It has nothing to do with his actual value to the team. Nobody that is part of the process cares about the stats you point to. They have 3 questions.
1. Is he a QB?
2. Does he have really good stats?
3. Does his team have a winning record?

The answer to those questions are yes, yes and yes. So in my eyes (looking at things pragmatically) I absolutely see an MVP candidate. And a strong one.

No one in the media is considering him for the award though.

Yes, obviously now. But that wasn't the case as of yesterday. I think it's a pretty obvious statement to make that he isn't a MVP candidate a hour or two after he threw no tds and 5 picks, don't you?

I don't think too many people in the media were even considering him yesterday, personally.

Oh come on. NOW you are going to give the media credit for not looking at things like the MVP award simplistically???

I'm not doing anything other than simply saying I don't recall a single talking head saying a word about Matt Ryan being a possible MVP candidate.

Not too many talking heads talking about the MVP just yet. But you have to believe a QB with good stats (top 5 in every category?) and a 9-1 record is getting consideration for MVP. If you dont think so, you havent been paying attention to the award over the past 10 or 15 years. He is exactly who qualifies as a candidate. I think its nuts to think the media would somehow be ignoring the guy.

CK on the sig
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious knee jerk thread. Of course he is still an MVP candidate. Is he the LEADING candidate like he may have been for some people? Most likely not anymore but to act like he doesn't deserve a single vote or any consideration is hilarious.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbllstr22 wrote:

Seriously, knock it off with calling people trolls. If you think someone is actually trolling, PM a mod and they'll deal with it. If you disagree with the OP, that's fine, but quit with the name calling.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly unless Matt Ryan was blowing away the field or the Falcons went undefeated, he had a very small chance of being MVP. In a year in which Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton are all putting up amazing numbers and all have their teams solidly in playoff position, I severely doubt the AP voters would not cast their vote for one of those three. Matt Ryan is a good QB, sure. However he is not on the level of those three in terms of production or media attention. Baring catastrophic injury to all of the big three, Ryan has no shot this season at the MVP.
maggot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglas im sorry but i cant help myself TROLL Laughing

Jgoldiscool is da man ^^^
2012 Adopt a Falcon: Matt Ryan
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVP's don't throw 5 int's in a game. That kind of play just doesn't happen with elite QB's.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: