Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

No QB Worth #1, What do we do
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If not QB, then who?
Star Lotulelei
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Jarvis Jones
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Manti Te'o
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Damontre Moore
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Luke Joeckel
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other (Please Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno had some really good moments yesterday, but he's not been very consistent at all this season. Yes, he's got very little help on defense, but he's got a lot of help on offense.

Ultimately he's the one I want if we are picking #1-2 overall, but I'm concerned that he'll just be an average QB in the NFL. I'd feel a lot better about if I knew who our HC/OC would be.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luxury pick? We're gonna need a playmaker at receiver if we lose Bowe...
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

But Austin is more of the same in many ways to guys like Dex and Wylie. I'd rather see us go for more of a deep threat type who can stretch the field vertically, and tall who can go up and get balls. Baldwin can do that sort of, but someone like Markus Wheaton or Cordarelle Patterson would be a better fit for us IMO.

If we're looking at the top of the 2nd, I'd go more for a TE if Eifert is there, or Patterson.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

But Austin is more of the same in many ways to guys like Dex and Wylie. I'd rather see us go for more of a deep threat type who can stretch the field vertically, and tall who can go up and get balls. Baldwin can do that sort of, but someone like Markus Wheaton or Cordarelle Patterson would be a better fit for us IMO.

If we're looking at the top of the 2nd, I'd go more for a TE if Eifert is there, or Patterson.

I think Austin is more like a steve smith or a Deseaun Jackson type of player as opposed to a Mcluster or Wylie type.
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so hard to watch this game. Just have to remember there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Rushes:0 Yds:0 TD:0 YPC:0.0
Catches:0 Yds:0 TD:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Kyle, there are some good options for a speedy WR. We don't have to get someone like that by trading up. Granted, Austin has been amazing, but so was Dexter McCluster in college, and he's not exactly shown much of that in the NFL.

There are guys like Tevin Reece from Baylor and Austin's teammate Stedman Bailey who are very good deep threats, and can be had probably in the 3rd round.

Exactly, Austin (176 lbs) is exactly the same size as McCluster AND Wylie. DMX was the same type of threat in a lesser offense against better defenses in the SEC. We don't need Austin, we need a QB that can get the ball in stride to Dex and the Coyote. If any WR is needed it's an outside burner like a Torrey Smith who I liked over Baldwin last year (imagine if those two switched places what perceptions might be like). At this point we are set at WR and we need to sign Bowe long term, if that happens we won't need to be looking at another WR until either Baldwin busts or Breaston moves on.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

I agree I'm just saying going WR in the 2nd isn't a luxury.

But if we draft Geno, I'm going Tavon in the 2nd if he's there. How often does pairing a QB with his best/favorite target happen?

IMO Tavon is better then McCluster, who's at the end of his contract anyways, and Wylie, who is injury prone.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was high on Collin Kaepernick coming out. and I have just seen him make 2 legit franchise QB throws in the first minutes of the game...I would try to trade like a 4th or 5th for him, in addition to drafting Geno Smith. That would really solidify the QB position.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
I was high on Collin Kaepernick coming out. and I have just seen him make 2 legit franchise QB throws in the first minutes of the game...I would try to trade like a 4th or 5th for him, in addition to drafting Geno Smith. That would really solidify the QB position.

LOL

Wishful thinking. Kaepernick is Harbaugh's boy and his long term QB. Alex Smith might be available and if we draft someone like Geno Smith I wouldn't have a problem with Alex backing up Geno.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right, even though a 4th rounder the the going rate for most backup quarterbacks. But either way Harbaugh is going to have to make a decision on Kapernick and Smith for his starter. I will take whoever he doesn't.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both have 2 yrs remaining on their deals, so a trade would be required. I'd be willing to give up a 3rd for Smith and a 2nd for Kaep.

It'll be interesting to see what happens there, because if Kaep plays great the rest of this game against this D, no way they can trade him. But what if Smith continues to be a good QB that takes them to another couple of playoff wins?

^ryknowssd on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
They both have 2 yrs remaining on their deals, so a trade would be required. I'd be willing to give up a 3rd for Smith and a 2nd for Kaep.

It'll be interesting to see what happens there, because if Kaep plays great the rest of this game against this D, no way they can trade him. But what if Smith continues to be a good QB that takes them to another couple of playoff wins?

Agreed ^^^
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let's just say we trade for Smith, that would allow us to take a value player in the 1st, and someone like EJ Manuel in the 2nd, or yes, even Barkley. Smith and Barkley are similar as passing QB's (Smith is way more athletic IMO), so the same offense could be used and implemented with no real adjusting between the two when and if a change is needed.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Bigs, I talked to my contact in the 49er front office the other day and it sounds like the team is going to likely make a decision on Alex Smith sooner rather than later. I shouldn't be letting this get out there but next year he is due $10,000,000 and in 2014 he is due $9,000,000 with no signing bonus but roster bonuses, workout bonuses, and "likely to be earned incentives". So basically they could cut him with no cap hit from a prorated signing bonus.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we're not supposed to post pics of members, but I thought it was time to reveal nic to the world, from his FB account...

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: