Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I think we learn a lot against the Browns
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: I think we learn a lot against the Browns Reply with quote

I know, I know, "it's the Browns, who cares?" But I think this is the exact type of game Dallas has recently been known for under-performing in. But if they have ANY shot of getting on a roll and playing with heart, discipline, and a killer instinct down the stretch, this will be where it starts to show. Romo? It's time to lead, bigun.

We have a favorable schedule relatively speaking, and it's time to establish some sort of home field advantage. A Giants-like late run is not likely, but it's not out of the question, either. If it's gonna happen, though, it will have to start tomorrow.

Go Cowboys!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will have to agree with ya here. We consistantly loose these types of games. The ones we should win easily. And, its in horrible fashion at that. I will be watching closely on this one. We should walk away with a win, but I'm not counting on it.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my college team damn near spit the bit today...don't eff with me tomorrow, Dallas!!! Dominate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Factory of Sadness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I learned:

The Jeckyl and Hyde team that is this years Dallas Cowboys is not an aberration, it simply is what they are. Granted, Cleveland is a young team with a lot of talent that simply has to learn to finish. Their record does not do them justice.

BUT, Dallas has been accused of playing down to their competition only to battle back and give themselves a chance to win in the end. This game was no exception to that assessment.

The shame of it is, they have a bunch of talent (not on the O line) but make too many mistakes that will ultimatley cost them games against the better teams. We have seen it at least 3 times this year alone.

So, we know what we have. A team that is 1 game out of 1st place in the NFC Least and could make a serious run at a playoff apperance. Again, it would be nice to extend the season 1 or 2 weeks but with no O line and being undisciplined, they will not go far. but what the heck, why not right?
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I learned we had no OL going in, and less now after. Gonna be a disgusting finish, I fear...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the truth about the Cowboys: They aren't that good. That's about it, really. They have a ton of talent, that cannot be denied. But this won't be a good football team until they build the trenches, which obviously won't be happening this year, especially with Tyron Smith out. Maybe you don't need a stud line to win it all, but you need a serviceable one, and we lack that. I don't think this team has a chance until it fixes the line. What else needs to be fixed? Right now, we are looking at a team with a great QB, a good RB (when healthy), two incredibly talented receivers and a HOF tight end. On defense, we have a deep defensive line, one of the best core of linebackers in the game, and a much improved secondary. Yeah, we should upgrade the other OLB spot when Spencer leaves. And yeah, safety is a little spotty. But it all starts with the big guys.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are as good as their offensive line allows them to be. Simple as that really.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
They are as good as their offensive line allows them to be. Simple as that really.

And as long as Jerry is making the decisions with respect to who is selected to play on the o-line, Romo will be running and fighting for his life each and every week while we squander in mediocrity.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

And as long as Jerry is making the decisions with respect to who is selected to play on the o-line, Romo will be running and fighting for his life each and every week while we squander in mediocrity.

Well that didn't last long...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

That really doesn't have much to do with this year. GMs/Owners don't have much say on personnel during the year. The players are already on the team, and the coach now decides who plays and coaches them how to play. Jerry Jones is mostly irrelevant to the rest of this year.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

That really doesn't have much to do with this year. GMs/Owners don't have much say on personnel during the year. The players are already on the team, and the coach now decides who plays and coaches them how to play. Jerry Jones is mostly irrelevant to the rest of this year.

Had he done his job with any remote sense of adequacy, he would not have placed the coaching staff - or Romo - in the positions they are in. The issues would've been properly addressed when they needed to be: in the draft. Instead, we got hosed. Again.

So I reject your statement that the problems don't have much to do with this year. They do.

Northland wrote:
dahobofest

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

Had he done his job with any remote sense of adequacy, he would not have placed the coaching staff - or Romo - in the positions they are in. The issues would've been properly addressed when they needed to be: in the draft. Instead, we got hosed. Again.

So I reject your statement that the problems don't have much to do with this year. They do.

That's not what I said. I said the rest of this year (which was what my comment was about) has nothing to do with Jerry Jones. His job ends in at the beginning of the year. They're not adding players, coaches, etc... now the coaches have to coach and the players have to play. Jerry is irrelevant moving forward.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
dahobofest wrote:

That really doesn't have much to do with this year.
GMs/Owners don't have much say on personnel during the year. The players are already on the team, and the coach now decides who plays and coaches them how to play. Jerry Jones is mostly irrelevant to the rest of this year.

That's not what I said. I said the rest of this year (which was what my comment was about) has nothing to do with Jerry Jones. His job ends in at the beginning of the year. They're not adding players, coaches, etc... now the coaches have to coach and the players have to play. Jerry is irrelevant moving forward.

A GM's job runs all year long. Otherwise, players would not be signed off the street or from practice squads of other teams throughout the year. Again, you are mistaken. It is a GM's primary responsibility to provide the personnel to the coaches throughout the year to ensure that they are best prepared for a game each and every week.

And yes, you did say that our problems don't have much to do with this year. It was your opening sentence.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: