Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ken Whisenhunt: Stay Or Go?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

The Fate of Whiz
Stay
60%
 60%  [ 18 ]
Go
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 30

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 5 NFL Head Coaching candidates from current NFL Assistants is this;

Dave Toub
Winston Moss
Perry Fewell
Ray Horton
Rick Dennison

Fewell runs a 43, Toub has come up with 43 defenses, but I would think he would leave the defense to the coach he hires (Which if he buys into hiring someone you know could well be a 43 coach) Moss and Horton are both 34 guys and Dennison has coached with both 43 and 34 defenses, but has seen more success under the 34.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back-to-back-to-back 6 games losing streaks. First time in Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals history.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
My top 5 NFL Head Coaching candidates from current NFL Assistants is this;

Dave Toub
Winston Moss
Perry Fewell
Ray Horton
Rick Dennison

Fewell runs a 43, Toub has come up with 43 defenses, but I would think he would leave the defense to the coach he hires (Which if he buys into hiring someone you know could well be a 43 coach) Moss and Horton are both 34 guys and Dennison has coached with both 43 and 34 defenses, but has seen more success under the 34.

What about Joe Vitt. He seems to be doing pretty well with the Saints. Does he have any 34 connections?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Whiz's fault this time. The team was fired up and more then ready to play another crappy scheduling casualty on the East Coast in another time zone yet again.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Not Whiz's fault this time. The team was fired up and more then ready to play another crappy scheduling casualty on the East Coast in another time zone yet again.

That east coast thing is not an excuse. Buffalo came out to play us, Philly came out to play us. That works both ways. We either figure it out or we lose. No excuses.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

That east coast thing is not an excuse. Buffalo came out to play us, Philly came out to play us. That works both ways. We either figure it out or we lose. No excuses.

Its easier to go west than east. When you go east you lose 2 to 3 hours. But still that game started at 11 Arizona time

Deadpulse
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Its easier to go west than east. When you go east you lose 2 to 3 hours. But still that game started at 11 Arizona time

Ya you lose 2-3 hours but you fly out on a Friday-Saturday. That makes it a much smaller issue than fans would have you believe.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz has to go now. I have a feeling he has probably lost the locker room. Adrian Wilson had decreased role today and he said thats a "head coach decision"
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Whiz has to go now. I have a feeling he has probably lost the locker room. Adrian Wilson had decreased role today and he said thats a "head coach decision"

And?

Of course it was a head coach decision, it certainly wasn't Adrian's. And it's not like it didn't work. 16 offensive points, 6 turnovers, 2 of which Rashad was directly involved in. If A-Dub wants to be angry, HE can go.

I state again though for what has to be the 7-8-9-10-20000th time, Whiz isn't getting fired in-season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiz should be fired. Going into the season, i was a big Whiz supporter but his choices have been awful. The offense isnt doing anything and he was an offensive coordinator. The play calling is bad, the decision making is bad. They need a coach who the players will get behind, a coach that will take control of the locker room. Whiz is playing the tough love role now because he feels the pressure. I think hes on the hot seat.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Whiz should be fired. Going into the season, i was a big Whiz supporter but his choices have been awful. The offense isnt doing anything and he was an offensive coordinator. The play calling is bad, the decision making is bad. They need a coach who the players will get behind, a coach that will take control of the locker room. Whiz is playing the tough love role now because he feels the pressure. I think hes on the hot seat.

Bolded: He is on the hot seat. It's probably closer to fact than anything else.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
The play calling is bad, the decision making is bad. They need a coach who the players will get behind, a coach that will take control of the locker room.

There are two instances today when we had some issues with playcalling. Passing rather than Running late in the first half and then running on 3rd down and passing on fourth down. Personally I would have passed on the 3rd down and then kept the Falcons on their toes for the fourth down.

In the second instance it was still an exectution issue (Larry needs to haul that pass in).

Tell me where is this huge issue with the playcalling today? The playcalling today was capable of putting 30+ points on the board, the execution failed miserably.

We have a coach the players can get behind, his name is Ken Whisenhunt. You think the players were not behind him as this team made a playoff run ending in a Superbowl lead with 2 minutes to go? You don't think the team was behind him when they turned 1-6 into 8-8 last season?

Players need to execute. Players are the issue here, not the coaching staff.

AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
The play calling is bad, the decision making is bad. They need a coach who the players will get behind, a coach that will take control of the locker room.

There are two instances today when we had some issues with playcalling. Passing rather than Running late in the first half and then running on 3rd down and passing on fourth down. Personally I would have passed on the 3rd down and then kept the Falcons on their toes for the fourth down.

In the second instance it was still an exectution issue (Larry needs to haul that pass in).

Tell me where is this huge issue with the playcalling today? The playcalling today was capable of putting 30+ points on the board, the execution failed miserably.

We have a coach the players can get behind, his name is Ken Whisenhunt. You think the players were not behind him as this team made a playoff run ending in a Superbowl lead with 2 minutes to go? You don't think the team was behind him when they turned 1-6 into 8-8 last season?

Players need to execute. Players are the issue here, not the coaching staff.

I still think that Dockett tweet about Gruden was a hint that Whiz lost control
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I still think that Dockett tweet about Gruden was a hint that Whiz lost control

Yet strangely, NO-ONE CARES. Dockett was out there playing his heart out today and had one of his best games of the season. Darnell is a big Whis guy, and he sure as heck is not playing like the coach has lost control.

LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the top two tackles away from just about any team and see where they end up. Then add the top 2 RBs. That'd be tough. I realize we did go 4-0 with it but its tough. Whis definetely won't be fired during the season and in all honesty I don't think he should be fired during the offseason either

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27

Jump to: