Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turkey Day GDT Texans v Lions Week 12
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Turkey Day GDT Texans v Lions Week 12 Reply with quote

Everyone take a deep breathe.........what a comeback, but we're less than 92 hours away from the kick of our next game.

This is it!

Everyone gathers around the tv with their turkey comas in full effect

The only thing to do today, is watch football and eat

Itís the former I mean one of the top WR's in the NFL Andre Johnson

V.S

Megatron, the most physically gifted WR in the game

Itís the Texas kid (kinda)

V.S

The home town QB

Itís the

v.s

Where: Detroit's Ford Field
When: 11:30am Thursday Nov. 21
TV/Radio: CBS/Sports Radio 610

Everyone grows up watching football on Thanksgiving, and we finally get to partake in the party. We were riding high coming off a HUGE win against the bears, and a great comeback win against a sub-par Jags team. Detroit came into the season with lofty expectations coming off their first playoff game in a while last year. BUT they've been less than stellar with head coach Jim Schwartz getting most of the blame. Detroit lost a heart breaker to Green bay today, but this is a big game for both teams even being a out of conference game. We're trying to lock up the AFC South with the resurgence of the Luck led Colts and the Lions are hanging on to their fading playoffs hopes.

Positional Battles
QB: Push
RB: Texans
WR: Lions
OL: Texans
DL: Push
LB: Texans
DB: Texans
ST: Lions
Coaching: Texans

Keys To The Game
1) Run the ball. Going against an aggressive DL, we must be able to run the ball to take the pressure off Matt.

2)Keep Matt clean, Suh, Vanden Bosch, Fairley and Avril live for sacks.

3) Contain Megatron, because you can't stop him. (Going to be hard is JJoe missed the game with a hammy injury)

4) Get to Stafford, he's got a big arm and is not afraid to go deep and will early and often.

X-factor

Manning and Quin - both will be called on to help JJoe over to top against Megatron

Fantasy Outlook

Must Start
Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
Arian Foster

Should Start
Matt Schaub

Sit
Mikel Leshoure
Matt Stafford

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joseph is getting a MRI on his hamstring, I'd say its a 80% chance he deosn't play. Kareem on Calvin. Help me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
Joseph is getting a MRI on his hamstring, I'd say its a 80% chance he deosn't play. Kareem on Calvin. Help me.

Actually if JJo cannot go, then you NEED to follow Calvin with Jackson, because McCain or Ball on him is WORSE. Also, if JJO is out and Harris is not active I will pull my hair out
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:

Aside from the fact he is having the MRI do you hae any knowledge about the severity?

Because I don't think you can just pull numbers out of your rear like that.

#JDI
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Aside from the fact he is having the MRI do you hae any knowledge about the severity?

He has been struggling with a hamstring throughout the season before the bye. 2 He didn't play basically the whole second half, so I don't see how we risk such a tricky injury for one game that is four days away. Thats how I pulled it our of my rear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Ya I mean yes he got hurt, but it was at the end of the game. I personally only saw Ball in on that one play, but it was probably more than that. Will know how serious it is tomorrow at Kubs presser.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First ever time we play on Thanksgiving. Can't wait!

I am very worried about Calvin Johnson. Stafford hasn't had the best of years this season, but Calvin has had a very good past 3 games and no doubt Stafford will go to him early and often. Hopefully we apply pressure to him like the Packers did today. They had 5 sacks on Stafford. Hopefully Joseph is OK because we need him for Calvin. Our offensive line vs their defensive line is something I will definitely be following.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm flying out to Detroit Tuesday to attend the game, I'm so pumped! Very Happy

Hopefully we come out with the win. I was really looking foward to seeing JJoe vs Calvin but oh well. Idk why but I have a feeling we lose this game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
mse326 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

He has been struggling with a hamstring throughout the season before the bye. 2 He didn't play basically the whole second half, so I don't see how we risk such a tricky injury for one game that is four days away. Thats how I pulled it our of my rear

I only saw him out the last series
It was a groin before. Not a hamstring
Against a team like the Lions with Calvin that is when we would risk it. Especially with an extended off period before the next game.

You have no idea the severity so assigning a percentage to how likely is to play seems absurd.

#JDI
longhorntexan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanksgiving is definitely my favorite holiday. It's like Christmas, except you replace going to church with family with sitting at home watching football with family. And it always hovers around my birthday, so even better, and this year with the Texans and Texas playing on Thanksgiving..... Cool

This one should be interesting, coming off a short week with some guys banged up. I really fear we are riding Foster too hard. He's still notching 25ish carries a game and his ypc is plummeting and he absolutely took a beating against the Jags/Bears. The right side of the line is still a huge liability.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorntexan wrote:
The right side of the line is still a huge liability.

Were we watching the same game? The only OLmen who had a badish game was Myers.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart things would be to sit JJoe this week and give him the full 2 weeks of rest before our next game against the Titans....might even decide to sit him against the titans to have him well ready to go against the Patriots....that game will determine home field in the playoffs

If im Wade Phillips im putting jackson and Manning on Megatron the entire game, id take my chances with stopping the run without saftey support

I wish the Lions had won yesterday, they are desperate and a loss to us almost knocks them out, so they are going to bring it

this will be a tough turn around game for us

2014 Adopt-A-Texan
Andre Johnson
12 catches 167 yards
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah...like a turkey on Thanksgiving day, this Texans team is. Dead in the water, might as well throw some cajun seasoning on 'em and deep fry 'em before the coin toss. After yesterday's brutal, physical game against a team out for blood...we have to go to Detroit and play them on THEIR day, in front of THEIR fans?

This one gets ugly before halftime.

38-10, Detroit. This is a romp, Stafford and Megatron have 3 TDs, Leshoure has two TDs, Texans secondary is lit up again and the offense simply doesn't have the juice to pull off another win like they did yesterday.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
biggio7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I think ET's account was hacked by Apollo. Laughing

This is a tough game for the Texans like many have said. Especially going against CJ. I expect the Texans to double team him but if so, I think Titus Young will have a big game across the middle. It will be a battle but the Lions will have too much strength on the offensive line and the defensive line. I think the Texans lose the battle in the trenches. If the game was at home, I'd give the edge to the Texans but going to Detroit and playing the longest, toughest game of the season on Sunday is a lot to handle. Detroit has a solid team.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggio7 wrote:
^ I think ET's account was hacked by Apollo. Laughing

...if this was the case, every single post from kenney and Marco would have been deleted by now. Laughing

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: