Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Time to bench Sanchez?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Tebow is a physical specimen, you're just sounding more and more desperate.

Tebow is built like a TE with great burst, agility and power with good arm strength.

Tim Tebow is not a physical specimen. There are countless players that are more athletic at his position.

Countless? There's probably no more than you can count on one hand. Unless you have some freaky hands...

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

and then several backup QB's who are also freakish athletes like Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Tebow is built like a TE with great burst, agility and power with good arm strength.

Tim Tebow is not a physical specimen. There are countless players that are more athletic at his position.

Countless? There's probably no more than you can count on one hand. Unless you have some freaky hands...

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

and then several backup QB's who are also freakish athletes like Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, etc.

So speed and agility make a physical specimen, and strength and power is completely irrelevant?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

Try Newton, RGIII, Kaepernick and Vick. That's about it.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I don't see him as a physical specimen at all. A physical specimen at the QB position to me is RGIII or Michael Vick - guys who can throw and pass with their athleticism. Tebow isn't that athletic, he's just built.

IIRC, they had the one year where McD called the offense and it was explosive and Orton was on pace to break several NFL records, and then the season after that they changed the system or something. But that's if my memory serves me correct. Either way, Orton was throwing the ball all over the place with precision in 2009 or whatever season that was, and I witnessed it first-hand watching him tear apart the Ravens' then-ranked #1 passing defense.

Uhhh, if Tebow has a great burst, great agility with good arm strength, what do you call Michael Vick?

And if you call Michael Vick a physical specimen, your argument falls to shreds...

My argument that Tebow is a physical specimen falls to shreds if Mike Vick is a physical specimen? Do you actually believe the feces that you're spewing right now?

Athletic prime Mike Vick is arguably the greatest athlete in terms of physical tools that the NFL has ever seen.

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

So speed and agility make a physical specimen, and strength and power is completely irrelevant?

When that's literally the only thing you have going for you, then yes. Big Ben is the only QB who's literally a "physical" specimen because he can pass. Tebow, like I've said numerous times, is just a FB who can sometimes complete a pass.

And yeah I forgot about Newton as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

When that's literally the only thing you have going for you, then yes. Big Ben is the only QB who's literally a "physical" specimen because he can pass. Tebow, like I've said numerous times, is just a FB who can sometimes complete a pass.

You...WHAT?!?!

I'm at a loss for words.

Do you have any idea what the discussion is about? We're talking about physical tools not how great of a player you are.

Accuracy, decision making, mechanics, ability to read defenses, etc. does not come into play.

Keleth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

What on earth has being able to actually play the QB position got to do with being a physical specimen ?
vikings269

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Joe Webb 100 times out of 100 in the 6th round over Tim Tebow in the first.
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had the ability to start, and put the team in a better position, he would start.

As much as I love to say it: This couldn't have happened to a more deserving organization.

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

You...WHAT?!?!

I'm at a loss for words.

Do you have any idea what the discussion is about? We're talking about physical tools not how great of a player you are.

Accuracy, decision making, mechanics, ability to read defenses, etc. does not come into play.

Ha, without explaining myself that does sound really bad, lol.

Okay, well what I meant was that his athletic ability to pass and having all the necessary tools to do what Big Ben does (throw on the run, escape pressure, all the instincts he has) makes him not only a physical specimen, but a very rare athlete, considering how big he is.

Tebow is a 240 FB who isn't fast and can't throw. What exactly makes him a physical specimen?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

You...WHAT?!?!

I'm at a loss for words.

Okay, well what I meant was that his athletic ability to pass and having all the necessary tools to do what Big Ben does (throw on the run, escape pressure, all the instincts he has) makes him not only a physical specimen, but a very rare athlete, considering how big he is.

Tebow is a 240 FB who isn't fast and can't throw. What exactly makes him a physical specimen?

Tebow is fast for a guy his size. He's not as fast as RGIII or Vick, but him being able to truck guys makes up for the lack of 4.3 speed.

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
AmerigoCorleone wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Vick
RGIII
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson

You...WHAT?!?!

I'm at a loss for words.

Tebow is fast for a guy his size. He's not as fast as RGIII or Vick, but him being able to truck guys makes up for the lack of 4.3 speed.

He's faster than linebackers?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

No he isn't. There are plenty of LB and FB his size and faster. He ran a 4.72 40. There are plenty of LBs and RBs 6'3", 236 lbs (combine measurements) who are a fair bit faster than that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

No he isn't. There are plenty of LB and FB his size and faster. He ran a 4.72 40. There are plenty of LBs and RBs 6'3", 236 lbs (combine measurements) who are a fair bit faster than that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5otWaHameY

His field speed is faster. Not saying he's a blazer but he's faster than his timed speed.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I hate using this argument, but the 40 isn't the end all be all of speed. Some people have decent 40's and can't use it a lick. Other people have "average 40's; 4.7-4.9 and manage to get stuff done. Depends on the person.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: