Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Missed PI call on Byrd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Missed PI call on Byrd Reply with quote

Does anyone have a clip (or GIF?) of when Byrd clocked Hartline over the head right before the ball got there on that long developing route? Somehow the brodcasters didn't bother to point it out, as if nothing blatanly obvious was missed.
bigmark76

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Missed PI call on Byrd Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Does anyone have a clip (or GIF?) of when Byrd clocked Hartline over the head right before the ball got there on that long developing route? Somehow the brodcasters didn't bother to point it out, as if nothing blatanly obvious was missed.

It was a blatant PI it was almost a facemask! that non call shifted the game in favor of buffalo.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few bad calls. I don't particularly like whoever the one ref was leading the squad.

I felt like 2 of the 4 Pass Interference / Illegal Contact penalties on Nolan Carroll were really touchy and should have been no-calls. When the officials anticipate a physical game or during the Play-Offs for example, some of those flags on Nolan Carroll that we saw get thrown would never have been thrown.
Deets

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres been a lot of bad calls the last three weeks. I was mad as hell during the Indy game. Less so in the last two since the team played like a rancid elk turd.

FF Member #67
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were quite a few bad calls in the game. Its part of football though. Certainly Miami got the short end of the stick in the Buffalo game when it came to the calls, but from where I sat it looked like the team that played the better game won. So for me, the bad calls weren't quite as painful.

Miami is just not in synch in any more. We gotta see how they rebound. If they don't rebound we have to worry about Philbin losing the locker room. If we rebound quickly, I'll be hopeful. Looking at the schedule I think it unlikely for us to win for another 4 weeks. We have Seattle, New England, and San Francisco up over the next three weeks. That leaves Jacksonville in week 15 as our most likely opponent to beat. But I don't think a "rebound" from the last 3 weeks has to be about getting a win. I'd just like to see a good hard game, with a lot less mistakes.
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
There were quite a few bad calls in the game. Its part of football though. Certainly Miami got the short end of the stick in the Buffalo game when it came to the calls, but from where I sat it looked like the team that played the better game won. So for me, the bad calls weren't quite as painful.

Miami is just not in synch in any more. We gotta see how they rebound. If they don't rebound we have to worry about Philbin losing the locker room. If we rebound quickly, I'll be hopeful. Looking at the schedule I think it unlikely for us to win for another 4 weeks. We have Seattle, New England, and San Francisco up over the next three weeks. That leaves Jacksonville in week 15 as our most likely opponent to beat. But I don't think a "rebound" from the last 3 weeks has to be about getting a win. I'd just like to see a good hard game, with a lot less mistakes.

I wouldn't call Buffalo the better team. They make an absurd number of dumb penalties and do so week in and week out. They seem talented enough to be better then their record. I don't think any coach who keeps allowing that level of stupidity should keep his job. But we did deserve to lose with our play.

FF Member #67
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only watched the first half, but yes, this is the third game in a row that I was thinking to myself, what the hell did Miami do, screw one the refs wives or something, cause these penalties are just not being called on both sides of the ball the same way. If both of Carroll's plays were PI then Byrd's play should have been easily the same. And the running into the kicker play was not a guy being pushed into the kicker. The blocker let go of him and he ran into the kicker.

Like I said, I'm fine with the whole, let these guys play thing, especially when it comes to things like holding and PI. Just make sure you call it the same way on both ends.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

I wouldn't call Buffalo the better team. They make an absurd number of dumb penalties and do so week in and week out. They seem talented enough to be better then their record. I don't think any coach who keeps allowing that level of stupidity should keep his job. But we did deserve to lose with our play.

Both teams deserved to lose. Buffalo scored a bunch of points on penalties and turnovers.

Last edited by bpastermack on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Deets, you speak the truth!

The Bills are quickly becoming the team that you can bank on screwing themselves. They make dumb mistakes in addition to those penalties. It's one of the few reasons I thought we stayed in that game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: