Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chung Troubles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Chung Troubles Reply with quote

Quote:
Chung, who has shoulder and hamstring injuries, tweeted “Gotta love business” about 20 minutes before the Patriots announced the inactive list. Chung deleted the tweet within 10 minutes to add to the mystery of the situation.

But the speculation is obvious. Chung is in a contract year, hasn’t missed a single practice since suffering the shoulder injury and might feel like he’s ready to get back on the field. Cornerback Leigh Bodden was aggravated last season about being inactive during an injury situation, and he was released shortly after. So, these things happen.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2012/11/18/patrick-chung-stirs-speculation-by-tweeting-about-business/

Surprised
Tom Brady Tribute
terbo559

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Chung inactive though? He's been at practice for the past several weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not very good, so I could careless.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:

He's better than Gregory or Wilson. I think he has a right to be pissed he's clearly healthy enough to play if he has been at every single patrice. I really hope its a keeping healthy for the playoffs kind of like last year not a contract thing because that would be low even for this team.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

He's better than Gregory or Wilson. I think he has a right to be pissed he's clearly healthy enough to play if he has been at every single patrice. I really hope its a keeping healthy for the playoffs kind of like last year not a contract thing because that would be low even for this team.

The best thing the staff could do right now for Chung's market value is hold him out so he doesn't embarrass himself further.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hung Chung only knows how how to bring the wood & deliver a bang, but he too often he blows it early and cant even fiinish the job. he was a beast at oregon too. not an antonio cromartie, or even janoris jenkins jenkins esque beast, but still abeast
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

The best thing the staff could do right now for Chung's market value is hold him out so he doesn't embarrass himself further.

Who would you rather have out there Chung or Gregory.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

Who would you rather have out there Chung or Gregory.

Rodney Harrison...Laughing Very Happy Smile Confused Sad Crying or Very sad

I really really miss him

Adopt-a-Patriot:

Alfonzo "The Drunken Master" Dennard[/size]
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKOhitter8737 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

He is not clearly better than Wilson. Wilson has shown se ability in coverage and has a higher ceiling.
The Third Rider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
Why is Chung inactive though? He's been at practice for the past several weeks.

Makes me wonder if there are some bonuses that they don't want to pay him....

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you won't be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
TKOhitter8737 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

He is not clearly better than Wilson. Wilson has shown se ability in coverage and has a higher ceiling.

Wilson does have a higher ceiling, but i never seen Chung get fooled on a double move in two weeks in a row say what you want Chung is better option now a healthy Chung and McCourtyat saftey last year helped us get better.
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your best defenders out there and hope for improvement. Whatever was going on with Chung likely was all health but the dude is some dookie.

He can't cover deep, above average at run defense and has durability concerns. I loved the potential but I think we all know who Chung is going to be in this league when its all said and done. A player with upside who never panned out. Sucks but you can't win them all.

Got Wilson, Gregory, McCourty now and Ebner all back next year probably with a rookie or two from the draft pool. Or Ed Reed whatever brings back the duck boats.

Chung will get overpaid elsewhere and I will enjoy it when he's on the IR doing nothing or missing consecutive weeks time and time again. Hard hitter who can't deal with the pain. Soft.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenboyGB wrote:
Put your best defenders out there and hope for improvement. Whatever was going on with Chung likely was all health but the dude is some dookie.

He can't cover deep, above average at run defense and has durability concerns. I loved the potential but I think we all know who Chung is going to be in this league when its all said and done. A player with upside who never panned out. Sucks but you can't win them all.

Got Wilson, Gregory, McCourty now and Ebner all back next year probably with a rookie or two from the draft pool. Or Ed Reed whatever brings back the duck boats.

Chung will get overpaid elsewhere and I will enjoy it when he's on the IR doing nothing or missing consecutive weeks time and time again. Hard hitter who can't deal with the pain. Soft.

Who told you this Confused

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
GoldenboyGB wrote:

Who told you this Confused

Myself. Rodney Harrison. The tape.

He puts himself in the middle of things just when its honestly not necessary. This whole thing that sprung his shoulder? What in the hell are you doing? He's basically been useless all year long.

Rodney went on recently in the Herald before he missed time about how he should just play to be on the field and save from the blows. He's dishing it out at a ridiculous rate. We know your strong, your a heavy hitter and you can change the tempo. But if your continuously not on the field because these hits are knocking you out you obviously have to change it right?

Right? Or do you continue and lunge in the air and wonder why your shoulder is messed up? Soft isn't right. He's just not making sound decisions right now.

If a team even gives him a big contract I would be shocked. The market dollar for what he does is not that big. I could pluck a rookie from the draft better than him for cheaper and get more out of him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a really huge fan of Chung. I thought he was just "okay' on a defense of "meh". Hard to argue with what Gregory did last game though. Devin at safety makes sense.

Unstoppable-Alex Smith is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: