Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Flying Captain America Heads v. Lucky Horseshoes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Colts take a musket shot to the face, or will the Pats get trampled under hoof?
Patriots win
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Colts win
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
friendship wins
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author Message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

#1 PPG, #YPG offense, both by a considerably big margin and Brady doesn't get any MVP love? 6-3 with this secondary? Cripes.
Yeah, and also a top-5 running game.

Hasn't stopped Brees in the past.

That running game is also largely the result of Brady and teams having a base nickel formation against us.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3361
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hernandez came back way too soon from his sprain.
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4181
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

#1 PPG, #YPG offense, both by a considerably big margin and Brady doesn't get any MVP love? 6-3 with this secondary? Cripes.
Yeah, and also a top-5 running game.

Hasn't stopped Brees in the past.

That running game is also largely the result of Brady and teams having a base nickel formation against us.


Manning also has had that for a long time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22713
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

#1 PPG, #YPG offense, both by a considerably big margin and Brady doesn't get any MVP love? 6-3 with this secondary? Cripes.
Yeah, and also a top-5 running game.


"McDaniels sucks! Mad "
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24316
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

#1 PPG, #YPG offense, both by a considerably big margin and Brady doesn't get any MVP love? 6-3 with this secondary? Cripes.
Yeah, and also a top-5 running game.


"McDaniels sucks! Mad "


Given that the offense produced similar numbers under O'Brien, I'd say that the offense's production is far more a function of the talent and Brady than McDaniels.

His idiotic playcalling and decisions at times have cost the Pats a number of times this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22713
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

#1 PPG, #YPG offense, both by a considerably big margin and Brady doesn't get any MVP love? 6-3 with this secondary? Cripes.
Yeah, and also a top-5 running game.


"McDaniels sucks! Mad "


Given that the offense produced similar numbers under O'Brien, I'd say that the offense's production is far more a function of the talent and Brady than McDaniels.

His idiotic playcalling and decisions at times have cost the Pats a number of times this year.


While I do not think McD is some all world coordinator, the numbers just kind of speaks themselves itself .

Perfect? Far from it, as noted. But meriting replacement? Bahaha.
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3855
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

#1 PPG, #YPG offense, both by a considerably big margin and Brady doesn't get any MVP love? 6-3 with this secondary? Cripes.
Yeah, and also a top-5 running game.


"McDaniels sucks! Mad "


Given that the offense produced similar numbers under O'Brien, I'd say that the offense's production is far more a function of the talent and Brady than McDaniels.

His idiotic playcalling and decisions at times have cost the Pats a number of times this year.



While I do not think McD is some all world coordinator, the numbers just kind of speaks themselves itself .

Perfect? Far from it, as noted. But meriting replacement? Bahaha.


We've had a top ten O most years since Brady became a starter. A top 5 most years since we got any sort of decent receiving threat. Brady makes this offense. Brady and Dante. McDaniels is a good WR evaluator and a creative playcaller - but anybody could trot out a top offensive unit with Brady under centre.
_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!


Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 11 Yards: 116 TDs: 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24316
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:


While I do not think McD is some all world coordinator, the numbers just kind of speaks themselves itself .


Yes, the numbers say that the offense can function at a very high level regardless of who the OC is

Quote:

Perfect? Far from it, as noted. But meriting replacement? Bahaha.


Why are you assuming the offense couldn't be better under a different OC?

Anyone who trusts McDaniels in a big game or an important part of the game is IMO overlooking the fact that he really struggles in those situations. He can draw up great game plans (also really bad ones) but his inability to adjust in a strong and timely manner is going to cost the team dearly. How do I know this? Because we've already seen it happen - several times.

It's not that he's a bad coach or that the offense he has designed is bad. He's not, and it isn't. However, if he thinks something should work, and it doesn't, he can't shift adequately. Oh, and his clock management and end-game strategy is horrendous.

I know you sit there and think that the only thing wrong with the Pats offense, and the sole reason they haven't won 3 more Super Bowls, is the lack of a Randy Moss/AJ Green type WR. But that's simply not the case. The offense has crapped the bed repeatedly at the end of big games, close games and games where the Pats have lost decent sized leads. In almost all of those losses, the playcalling has either not re-adjusted to opponent's coaching or the playcalling has gone in the toilet at the end of the game. Then you have the Arizona game this year where the offense looked completely asleep for 3 quarters.

It's not a matter of perfection. No coach or coordinator is perfect. Charlie Weis had plenty of bad days. The difference between Weis and McDaniels is that Weis was able to adjust his way of thinking and was great at half-time and in-game adjustments. McDaniels might be a great coach and strategist in the film room Monday through Saturday, but come Sundays, he can be outcoached by fairly mediocre minds. That's not something I want in my team's OC - even if he's put together a statistically gaudy offense (which is almost entirely due to the talent, and not his coaching)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22713
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:


While I do not think McD is some all world coordinator, the numbers just kind of speaks themselves itself .


Yes, the numbers say that the offense can function at a very high level regardless of who the OC is

Quote:

Perfect? Far from it, as noted. But meriting replacement? Bahaha.


Why are you assuming the offense couldn't be better under a different OC?

Anyone who trusts McDaniels in a big game or an important part of the game is IMO overlooking the fact that he really struggles in those situations. He can draw up great game plans (also really bad ones) but his inability to adjust in a strong and timely manner is going to cost the team dearly. How do I know this? Because we've already seen it happen - several times.

It's not that he's a bad coach or that the offense he has designed is bad. He's not, and it isn't. However, if he thinks something should work, and it doesn't, he can't shift adequately. Oh, and his clock management and end-game strategy is horrendous.

I know you sit there and think that the only thing wrong with the Pats offense, and the sole reason they haven't won 3 more Super Bowls, is the lack of a Randy Moss/AJ Green type WR. But that's simply not the case. The offense has crapped the bed repeatedly at the end of big games, close games and games where the Pats have lost decent sized leads. In almost all of those losses, the playcalling has either not re-adjusted to opponent's coaching or the playcalling has gone in the toilet at the end of the game. Then you have the Arizona game this year where the offense looked completely asleep for 3 quarters.

It's not a matter of perfection. No coach or coordinator is perfect. Charlie Weis had plenty of bad days. The difference between Weis and McDaniels is that Weis was able to adjust his way of thinking and was great at half-time and in-game adjustments. McDaniels might be a great coach and strategist in the film room Monday through Saturday, but come Sundays, he can be outcoached by fairly mediocre minds. That's not something I want in my team's OC - even if he's put together a statistically gaudy offense (which is almost entirely due to the talent, and not his coaching)


See, I do not disagree with anything you have said. I am just hesitant to replace him without an idea of who it would be. Bill O'brien was a horrible OC in 2009 and many games in 2010. The same points against the offense can pretty much be said for the defense. I do not envision McD getting much better he already he is, but I will say that I think it would be a mistake to replace him with a much lesser known coordinator just for the sake of experimenting.

Everyone seems to think McD will get another head coaching off, but you have to wonder if he will not try to stick out till whenever BB decides to hang it up. Now wouldnt you just love that? Wink
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40028
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Patriots inactives against the #Colts: TE Hernandez, OL Mankins, OL Connolly, TE Fells, DB Chung, DE Bequette, DE Francis.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/270254057543852032
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3361
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCourty - Wilson?
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24316
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:

Everyone seems to think McD will get another head coaching off, but you have to wonder if he will not try to stick out till whenever BB decides to hang it up. Now wouldnt you just love that? Wink


I expect that to be the case, and probably sooner than many think.

Obviously, I hope it doesn't happen. McDaniels is a loser in a literal sense. The Tony Romo of coaches. A guy who might be in the top half or top third amongst his peers but also a guy who gets in his own way repeatedly and most frequently when his team is relying on him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15788
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Fells is not only behind Shiancoe and Ho-oh, but is a healthy scratch. Francis and Bequette are also healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40028
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Colts inactives against the #Patriots: CB Davis, TE Fleener, LB Harvey, OT Sowell, DT Chapman, DT Tevaseu, OT Hills.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/270255222625034241
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24316
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
So Fells is not only behind Shiancoe and Ho-oh, but is a healthy scratch. Francis and Bequette are also healthy.


Fells is a giant waste of money. One of the few Belichick FA signings (beyond the 1 year short money types) which was as inexplicable as much as it was awful. From day 1 it was a bad signing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 6 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group