Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Demise of the Very Good QB's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
kenney wrote:
Romo is not in decline and he has consistently been a top 10 QB. I hate to break it to Cowboys fans, but the problem is NOT Tony Romo. It is your horribly overrated WRs, your terrible offensive line, your non-existent running game, your patsy of a head coach, and your terrible owner and general manager. Your team -- your organization -- is not good. Start dealing with it now.

QBs do not consistently put up 25+ to 30+ TDs a season while secretly being terrible unless they're playing with Randy Moss (Culpepper) or Calvin Johnson (Stafford).

wow.....umm....that seemed unnecessary.

Not really. He's right.

reckless123 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.

Better than Cutler.

He's a Packer's fan Laughing

Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.
So say he was a Bears fan... So he can't have an opinion on a QB that is better then his teams QB without u bringing it up? Maybe ask why he feels Eli sucks instead of taking a pot shot at the team you thought he was a fan of.

He replied in that manner because it was a stupid comment.

Seems to be the first line of attack of everyone on this forum. You make a comment about 1 team, someone just has to come along and make a negative comment about your team. Also, his comment was sarcastic and was a joke, and no one here also possess the humor gene. Everything is very serious, which will lead to a heart attack very young.

/rant

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all i dont expect eli to put up gaudy numbers. And secondly i dont think Eli is having a bad season at all, i just think hes having a poor sequence of games. And someone made a good point, eli has never really been great or elite for the lack of a better word in the regular season. Romo on the other hand is surprising because he usually puts up good numbers.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
javascript:emoticon('Think')

QBs do not consistently put up 25+ to 30+ TDs a season while secretly being terrible unless they're playing with Calvin Johnson (Stafford).

I... Think what a random attack on Stafford.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Green90 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bears Are Legit wrote:
All I know is that Eli sucks.

Better than Cutler.

He's a Packer's fan Laughing

Thats so obvious with his screenname. Confused

Either way, its a ridiculous comment.
So say he was a Bears fan... So he can't have an opinion on a QB that is better then his teams QB without u bringing it up? Maybe ask why he feels Eli sucks instead of taking a pot shot at the team you thought he was a fan of.
It's fun to see an obvious trolling attemp lt fail. Laughing maybe he'll get it right next time?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Eli had been a borderline top 10 QB for many years. Up until this past offseason you would struggle to find non-Giants fans putting him higher than 8th.

And let's not pretend like he isn't generally right up there with the league leaders in interceptions.

I think Rivers, Romo and Eli are still very good QBs who are just having a bad time. Jason Garrett and Norv Turner suck.

Vick and Cutler just aren't very good QBs in my eyes.

I agree with you 100% - I think R/R/E are still very good QB's on a down season

I also agree and have said for a while that vick and Cutler weren't good QB's but they were consistently getting pushed into that lower part of the Top 10. Vick's decision making has always been one of the worst in the league along with Cutler which can only be hidden by talent for so long.

Notice a trend with all three. At best you could say that the Giants have devoted the most premium resources to retrofitting their OL of the three, but all of the triumvirate have woefully neglected injecting quality youth into protecting these QB's. I realize that someone's going to point to Ben and mention that he has a porous OL as well - which is true, however (and of late I'd rank Ben higher than the other three on account of it) Ben's bigger, thicker, and more mobile than these three. He's also, yes even compared to Eli, more mentally tough (i.e. when he makes mistakes they don't tend to snowball from pressing too much).

The point remains, Bens' had (2) 1st round picks, a 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick invested just in the past 3 years into his OL. Romo has had (1) 1st round pick and a 4th round pick, Eli's had 1 "mid-level" free agent signing and 2 4th round picks invested into his line in the past 3 years. Rivers has had 1 upper-mid-level but oft-injured free agent signing (after losing his starting LT), a 5th round pick, and a 6th round pick invested in his OL in the past 3 years. None of that is recipe for success.

Then notice the incidence that the guys whose play has "elevated" like Alex Smith: (2) 1st round picks, a 4th, and a 5th round pick in the past 3 years.

I'm not absolving QB's from complete blame when INT's get thrown, performances wane, etc. But when the league is becoming more and more pass-oriented, logic does suggest that the QB who is less protected as defenses step up efforts to combat the pass is more likely to make mistakes (if due to nothing else than increased opportunity).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to point out that Vick never was good.

He's a bad QB that had one great year.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Demise of the Very Good QB's Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

59% 7.2YPA 201YPG 12 TD 10 INT 0 TD 4 FUM 4 FL
58% 6.9YPA 240YPG 11 TD 09 INT 1 TD 10 FUM 5 FL
68% 7.3YPA 244YPG 15 TD 12 INT 0 TD 6 FUM 3 FL
61% 7.3YPA 264YPG 12 TD 11 INT 0 TD 4 FUM 1 FL
67% 7.6YPA 289YPG 12 TD 13 INT 1 TD 4 FUM 2 FL

The only one of these that really surprises me is Tony Romo, but it's still early. Eli Manning has always had a problem with interceptions and is generally 60% completion rating. This season is not particularly out of the norm for him. Same for Jay Cutler, he looks to be on pace for an average season from him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick shouldn't be included, he's nowhere near the status of QBs like Romo, Eli, etc. As others have pointed out countless times, he had one good season, and one obscenely spectacular prime time game. Granted he's not getting much help from his o-line, but I've never had much faith in his ability to become and remain a consistent top QB in this league. It's time for the NFL and its fans to move on from the one hit wonder that is Michael Vick-he's not on the decline, because he never played well enough for long enough to have been on the incline.

EDIT: Also, his biggest problem is that his off the field antics took valuable prime years away from him that he just will never get back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: