Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Rodgers vs Peyton Manning(2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Aaron Rodgers vs Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
52%
 52%  [ 65 ]
Peyton Manning
47%
 47%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 123

UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
In the prime of their careers Manning > Rodgers

This season Rodgers > Manning

They are both so very close though
Right now yes, but you can't say it's not possible for Rodgers to jump Manning as Rodgers is just in his prime right now. If he gets one or two more rings and keeps playing at this level, then Rodgers>Manning all time.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpTheSeam85 wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
In the prime of their careers Manning > Rodgers

This season Rodgers > Manning

They are both so very close though
Right now yes, but you can't say it's not possible for Rodgers to jump Manning as Rodgers is just in his prime right now. If he gets one or two more rings and keeps playing at this level, then Rodgers>Manning all time.
That's the thing, people can take Manning's prime all they want over Rodgers but we very well may not have even seen Rodgers prime yet.

Manning is one of the GOAT, no denying that. But to compare them for anything but this season is silly to me. When talking career's, Manning is almost done while Rodgers is arguably just getting started.

Kempes on the custom sig!
be WARE94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peyton manning is my GOAT and favorite non cowboy ever....but rodgers COULD conceivably be in the GOAT discussion himself in 3-5 years no doubt....he keeps up this level of play and adds a championship or two(i know this is isn't easy) and he would be considered by many to be the GOAT
rwankstat25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Manning's prime unquestionably better than Rodgers right now? Rodgers has been equally, if not more impressive.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwankstat25 wrote:
Why is Manning's prime unquestionably better than Rodgers right now? Rodgers has been equally, if not more impressive.
Somebody must have just started watching football in 2010.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
rwankstat25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I'm young, and I've been watching since the late 90's, but I honestly don't see what's drastically different between the two. The numbers can't be too far off. Manning is probably the smarter of the two. I wasn't trying to take a stab at Manning, just asking for a few reasons why everyone on here says he's so much better in his prime than Rodgers is.
Packers FTW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
rodgers. battered OL, no running game, injuries to main WRs. no bigTE target.

however, I will say nothin but love to peyton. playing phenomenal.

No Big TE target? lol, no just the guy that Pack fans were hyping up for years turns out to be a joke. Funny how fast you guys turn on him. Who does Manning have that is a "bigTE" target?

Jermichael has proven to be a headcase... Look at him pre-injury in 2010... BEAST.

Now he spends his time begging for PI calls after he cant get open or doing his turkey gobbler or w.e the hell it is dance after he gets his 1 catch per game for a 1st down.

I liked Jermichael as much as anyone but hes wasted talent at this point.
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
All I know is I'll take Rodgers over Peyton and every other QB in the league without hesitation.

Obviously, especially given his age compared to him.

Notice I said every other QB. I think Rodgers now is as good as Peyton was in his prime.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwankstat25 wrote:
No. I'm young, and I've been watching since the late 90's, but I honestly don't see what's drastically different between the two. The numbers can't be too far off. Manning is probably the smarter of the two. I wasn't trying to take a stab at Manning, just asking for a few reasons why everyone on here says he's so much better in his prime than Rodgers is.

And I've been watching football since the late 60s.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather in games is the most overstated argument for QBs. For at least the first 8 weeks of the weather for QBs playing outdoors isn't in anyway significantly different from the Dome experience except maybe the extraordinary heat in Miami at the beginning of the season. Additionally, as much as people like to romanticize these snowy/windy/rainy games it's not consistently snowing/raining/hailing/tornados every year EXACTLY on the Sunday or Monday game that outside QBs play on. Finally, OF COURSE the player who is consistently outside would play better in the elements than the QB that plays in the dome. He's the one used to the elements. His team practices in it! He darn well should have the edge.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Weather in games is the most overstated argument for QBs. For at least the first 8 weeks of the weather for QBs playing outdoors isn't in anyway significantly different from the Dome experience except maybe the extraordinary heat in Miami at the beginning of the season. Additionally, as much as people like to romanticize these snowy/windy/rainy games it's not consistently snowing/raining/hailing/tornados every year EXACTLY on the Sunday or Monday game that outside QBs play on. Finally, OF COURSE the player who is consistently outside would play better in the elements than the QB that plays in the dome. He's the one used to the elements. His team practices in it! He darn well should have the edge.

I like this guy's logic.Please direct this to tonyto.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Malik wrote:

You are doing the exact same thing you and everyone else complains about tonyto doing...bringing someone into a conversation when there is no need to.

He isn't the only person to make the dome argument on this site, plenty of others do, yet it is easy to target him because of his homer tendencies, and popularity on this site (for the wrong reasons).

Not hating on ya...just calling it as I see it. Cool

Sig credit: Deadpulse
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Malik wrote:

You are doing the exact same thing you and everyone else complains about tonyto doing...bringing someone into a conversation when there is no need to.

He isn't the only person to make the dome argument on this site, plenty of others do, yet it is easy to target him because of his homer tendencies, and popularity on this site (for the wrong reasons).

Not hating on ya...just calling it as I see it. Cool

Well in this thread, he brought it up so im going to target him because although i do remember other people have said that, i have no recollection of who actually did it. Im not singling him out but hes the only one in this thread to have said it.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers prime > Manning prime?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Rodgers prime > Manning prime?

Rodgers has arguably not even hit his prime yet so not sure how you can say this.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: