Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I return it??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I return the sound bar?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 86

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I worked at a Lowe's. 200 may not seem like much to a company that size, and in reality, it isn't, but when 200 dollars goes missing, the Store Manager, every manager below him, and all the peons below them feel the wrath. Big companies like that want to know how and why their ish is disappearing. Someone will lose a job. Most cashiers lose their job if they're $5 under what they should be at the end of the day.

Also, don't do it for karma. No such thing.

This is bull. I was Asset Protection for Wal-Mart for a long time and a popular metro store shrinks out around 1Mill a year... give or take. 200 bucks compared to the amount of theft and claimed out merchandise is actually a breath of fresh air.

So Wal-Mart is Lowes?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I worked at a Lowe's. 200 may not seem like much to a company that size, and in reality, it isn't, but when 200 dollars goes missing, the Store Manager, every manager below him, and all the peons below them feel the wrath. Big companies like that want to know how and why their ish is disappearing. Someone will lose a job. Most cashiers lose their job if they're $5 under what they should be at the end of the day.

This is bull. I was Asset Protection for Wal-Mart for a long time and a popular metro store shrinks out around 1Mill a year... give or take. 200 bucks compared to the amount of theft and claimed out merchandise is actually a breath of fresh air.

So Wal-Mart is Lowes?

It's a billion dollar retail corporation with tons of shrink, just like Wal-Mart. These corporations don't even notice a $200 loss. And when they come across it, they don't even worry about it. Time is money to these guys, and that isn't worth it. They have insurance and contracts with the distributors that take care of this kind of stuff.

For instance, something I'm not supposed to say but I will anyway because I don't care... at Wal-Mart, when condoms or anything in that section (Like KY Jelly or those tiny vibrators) are stolen, Wal-Mart doesn't even lose money. They have an agreement/contract with the distributor that they can claim them out if stolen and they get full money back.

Best Buy won't even see the loss.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

So Wal-Mart is Lowes?

It's a billion dollar retail corporation with tons of shrink, just like Wal-Mart. These corporations don't even notice a $200 loss. And when they come across it, they don't even worry about it. Time is money to these guys, and that isn't worth it. They have insurance and contracts with the distributors that take care of this kind of stuff.

For instance, something I'm not supposed to say but I will anyway because I don't care... at Wal-Mart, when condoms or anything in that section (Like KY Jelly or those tiny vibrators) are stolen, Wal-Mart doesn't even lose money. They have an agreement/contract with the distributor that they can claim them out if stolen and they get full money back.

Thank you! I said the same thing and it went unnoticed ( I worked at a Richard's Sporting Goods Store (can't say the actual name, word filters)). DSG shrink was 3% I think. Figure a store has 250K worth of merch in it at any given time, thats 7.5K worth of shrink in the store. Shrink refers to any stolen or damaged merchandise.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Keep it and pay it forward.

What does "pay it forward" mean, exactly? You pay "good deeds" forward. Not mistakes. Is he supposed to accidentally give someone something of value in the future?

CK on the sig
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Is he supposed to accidentally give someone something of value in the future?

like that's going to happen...

Very Happy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

So Wal-Mart is Lowes?

Whats funny is that Walmart IS Lowes.....Walmart bought Lowes a few years ago, look it up, haha....you didnt even need to explain yourself as much you did. Cool

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd keep it and wouldn't think twice. Billion dollar corporation screwed up and I benefit. They aren't hurt, and I am getting an awesome new whatever it is that this thread was originally about.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

So Wal-Mart is Lowes?

Whats funny is that Walmart IS Lowes.....Walmart bought Lowes a few years ago, look it up, haha....you didnt even need to explain yourself as much you did. Cool

They definitely did not.

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

So Wal-Mart is Lowes?

They definitely did not.

Haha, oh crap.....maybe they didnt...they are definitely in cahoots though Wink

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Keep it and pay it forward.

What does "pay it forward" mean, exactly? You pay "good deeds" forward. Not mistakes. Is he supposed to accidentally give someone something of value in the future?

That was a joke.
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I returned the sound bar, and got a $50 dollar gift card for my trouble. I guess it pays to be good.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
Update: I returned the sound bar, and got a $50 dollar gift card for my trouble. I guess it pays to be good.

Applause

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:

Yes it does.

You did the right thing.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:

well done!

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Totty wrote:

Yes it does.

You did the right thing.

Winning

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 19 of 32

Jump to: