Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theKing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
What would i be able to take with me?

Also, thanks. This obviously is a big decision and i appreciate all the help and insight.

When i got to Benning we had to either throw away or lock up anything that wasn't basic toiletries. Bring your cell phone tho because some companies get to make 1 phone call a month when they go from phase to phase or if the DS feels like giving you a phone call. When you graduate from basic you get a day with your family and then you go to whatever school you need to go to for your MOS unless you go infantry than you do OSUT. Just have your family bring everything you think you will need for AIT with them. My AIT was 7 months so i just ended up buying the majority of things i needed at the PX on FT. Gordon.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theKing wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
What would i be able to take with me?

Also, thanks. This obviously is a big decision and i appreciate all the help and insight.

When i got to Benning we had to either throw away or lock up anything that wasn't basic toiletries. Bring your cell phone tho because some companies get to make 1 phone call a month when they go from phase to phase or if the DS feels like giving you a phone call. When you graduate from basic you get a day with your family and then you go to whatever school you need to go to for your MOS unless you go infantry than you do OSUT. Just have your family bring everything you think you will need for AIT with them. My AIT was 7 months so i just ended up buying the majority of things i needed at the PX on FT. Gordon.

Definitely take your cell phone. Honestly Im the only person(besides everyone else in my company) that I know of that hasn't been in over 5 years that didn't get to use their cell phone outside of calling my family to inform them about my BCT Graduation Ceremony. But I was at Ft. Knox, I never heard of anyone doing basic at Ft. Knox that even sniffed their cell phones Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went through basic we had a patio with pay phones. You used a calling card to reach home and the time it took to dial that number also counted against your total time.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
When I went through basic we had a patio with pay phones. You used a calling card to reach home and the time it took to dial that number also counted against your total time.

Haha.... good times!

I had to do extra paperwork for my security clearance so I had to make phone calls to get info so I milked that for all it was worth and called family as much as I could.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Haha.... good times!

I had to do extra paperwork for my security clearance so I had to make phone calls to get info so I milked that for all it was worth and called family as much as I could.

So much for integrity

Wink Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Haha.... good times!

So much for integrity

Wink Laughing

It was BMT... they were still in the process of teaching me integrity! HAHA

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
DolphWins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother joined the NG and is in BCT atm. He took his phone and was getting 5 minutes per week for the first couple weeks, gets half an hour access per week on a Sunday now. Hes at Ft Leonard Wood in Missouri.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
It was BMT... they were still in the process of teaching me integrity! HAHA

Oh dont worry, In basic for some reason they took us to a football game and me being an awesome squared away super soldier used a civilians phone to call home and talk to my dad for a bit.

Who needs integrity in basic anyways? Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think today was the single best thing to come out of me joining the Army. I had ear surgery today. Had I not joined I probably wouldn't have went to the doctor until it was far too late. They even told me that it was worst then what they thought it would be though. But hopefully I don't have to have a second surgery to replace the 3 tiny bones.

Just another "Bonus" from joining. I may have sold my soul for a few years but the longer Im in the more it has been worth it for me.

Jamison. on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
I think today was the single best thing to come out of me joining the Army. I had ear surgery today. Had I not joined I probably wouldn't have went to the doctor until it was far too late. They even told me that it was worst then what they thought it would be though. But hopefully I don't have to have a second surgery to replace the 3 tiny bones.

Just another "Bonus" from joining. I may have sold my soul for a few years but the longer Im in the more it has been worth it for me.

Future VA disability for the win!!
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

True, probably just be 0% though im guessing? The way I understand it is 0% allows you to be seen for what ever it is and have the treatment paid for. Ill find out for sure soon enough, Im in the middle of going through all the motions to get out of the Army right now. I have 2 months left until I go on Terminal leave.

Jamison. on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

True, probably just be 0% though im guessing? The way I understand it is 0% allows you to be seen for what ever it is and have the treatment paid for. Ill find out for sure soon enough, Im in the middle of going through all the motions to get out of the Army right now. I have 2 months left until I go on Terminal leave.

Make sure all medical issue are documented. The VA wants to give you money.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it turns out I am now deaf in my right ear. Laughing Went and talked with the doc today, he said that he had never seen someones ear as bad as what mine was. He had to remove 2 of the 3 bones(hence im deaf). I have to have another surgery to make sure he got everything and then to replace the bones.

But the good stuff...My 79 days of Terminal Leave got approved by the Brigade Commander Dancing Smile Very Happy Exclamation Mr. Green Twisted Evil Dancing Dancing Dancing

Jamison. on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
So it turns out I am now deaf in my right ear. Laughing Went and talked with the doc today, he said that he had never seen someones ear as bad as what mine was. He had to remove 2 of the 3 bones(hence im deaf). I have to have another surgery to make sure he got everything and then to replace the bones.

But the good stuff...My 79 days of Terminal Leave got approved by the Brigade Commander Dancing Smile Very Happy Exclamation Mr. Green Twisted Evil Dancing Dancing Dancing

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted in here that I applied for Navy OCS, but I decided to back off and do more research because I wanted to be fully committed to something.

Well, I just passed the interview phase for Marine OCS. Pending my eyes check out since I had LASIK a handful of years ago, I'm going to shoot for aviation.

Any advice on how to get my pullups and running up to snuff? After student teaching for the past 5 months, I've slacked on working out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: