Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stadium Saga Part XII - Design firm is announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
some of the amounts that were being suggested aren't all that unreasonable considering that it can be paid over several years.

Interesting. Everything I heard was that its a one time payment.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
some of the amounts that were being suggested aren't all that unreasonable considering that it can be paid over several years.

It is a one-time payment, but can be made in installments over several years.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Is that really a ONE time payment then?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

It's semantics. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Yes, because the total amount is something that only has to be paid once, not at once.

As disaacs said, semantics.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A top state official overseeing the new Minnesota Vikings stadium said Friday, Nov. 16, that she expects personal seat licenses to be priced in line with fees charged at the Twins' Target Field and the University of Minnesota's TCF Bank Stadium -- if the team pursues the fees to help pay its share of the $975 million construction cost.

The Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority is required to sign off on major decisions as the stadium is built.

Chairwoman Michelle Kelm-Helgen said the authority and team will work together on seat fees, which the Vikings are considering as part of their $477 million share of construction. She said the stadium law allows the team to pursue the fees, which Gov. Mark Dayton criticized earlier this week as a cost shift that will hit fans.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22010660/minnesota-vikings-have-right-seat-licenses-official-says

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Vikes_Bolts1228

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just hope that any seat licenses are for the "premium" seats. I'm really not looking forward to paying that money for season tickets AND a seat license.

Charge the PSL's to club and suites then figure out what "premium" seats would be (Between the 40's in the lower deck or something).

Like someone said, this is suppose to be the PEOPLES STADIUM not the rick people stadium.

Proud Minnesota Vikings season ticket holder!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:
I just hope that any seat licenses are for the "premium" seats. I'm really not looking forward to paying that money for season tickets AND a seat license.

Charge the PSL's to club and suites then figure out what "premium" seats would be (Between the 40's in the lower deck or something).

Like someone said, this is suppose to be the PEOPLES STADIUM not the rick people stadium.

If there is a market for PSLs, i dont see why the Vikings shouldnt pursue as other teams are. I would imagine there will be strong demand, even with PSLs. If if tickets are becoming way overpriced, I dont see the team having issue selling them, especially once a new stadium is opened. For low income families, it might be near impossible to get worthwhile seats. But I dont honestly think the Vikings really care if wealthy families or low income families fill the seats, as long as the seats are filled and the Vikings are able to capture as much revenue as possible. The Vikings simply havent been a very profitable team over the years, I think this could go towards changing that.
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:

Based upon the survey that I took, that seems to be what they were hinting towards...that the SBLs would only be charged to the premium seat areas, clubs and suites.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Vikes_Bolts1228 wrote:

Based upon the survey that I took, that seems to be what they were hinting towards...that the SBLs would only be charged to the premium seat areas, clubs and suites.

That's the way it works at Target Field.
Swaps

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:
disaacs wrote:

read this and couldn't help but think of Mitch Hedberg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pq3j2mZcyc&feature=player_detailpage#t=23s

foul language, but it's very funny, and germane to the conversation.
("The G-D Germans aint go nothing to do with it!" bonus if you know that reference)

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: