Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pats release Branch, Williams; Add Talib, Salas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Churchill is one of the 3 most overrated figures in all of history. That he's venerated as some great statesman is pretty disgusting, frankly.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
As much as it makes sense I just hate seeing Branch go through these hoops.

Definitely have bias towards him since he's such a class act and is one of the few guys out there who seems to have no problem with putting the team first.

No matter what the Pats do, resign him or not, its pretty much guaranteed he will have nothing but great things to say about BB/Pats.

Gotta respect that.

He's been great (in terms of character, not so much in production) since coming back. But let's not act like Branch is this selfless team leader that always puts the Patriots first. He very publicly and somewhat selfishly put himself first in 2006.

Do I blame Branch for holding out, forcing a trade and getting a big (overpay) contract? Not really. But it certainly tarnishes the image of him as a "team first" guy.

Pretty much agree with everything.

I mean can you really blame him for taking MUCH more money elsewhere? I know I would have. He was younger, still living off of his big performance in the SB, playing good, and was attracted to a much better offer.

I'm more talking about the past few years. While he hasn't been a star producer on offense, he has been cut, resigned, cut, resigned, quite a few times over that time period and has taken it with nothing but a smile and respect.

You just don't see that too often with professional athletes these days. They tend to get "offended" much to easily and make it very well known how upset they are.

I have no idea whether or not Branch is pissed with all of what has happened over these past few years, and that's the way it should be. He has been the definition of the patriot way lately, and I gotta respect that.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Definitely have bias towards him since he's such a class act and is one of the few guys out there who seems to have no problem with putting the team first.

No matter what the Pats do, resign him or not, its pretty much guaranteed he will have nothing but great things to say about BB/Pats.

Gotta respect that.

He's been great (in terms of character, not so much in production) since coming back. But let's not act like Branch is this selfless team leader that always puts the Patriots first. He very publicly and somewhat selfishly put himself first in 2006.

Do I blame Branch for holding out, forcing a trade and getting a big (overpay) contract? Not really. But it certainly tarnishes the image of him as a "team first" guy.

I mean can you really blame him for taking MUCH more money elsewhere? I know I would have. He was younger, still living off of his big performance in the SB, playing good, and was attracted to a much better offer.

I'm more talking about the past few years. While he hasn't been a star producer on offense, he has been cut, resigned, cut, resigned, quite a few times over that time period and has taken it with nothing but a smile and respect.

You just don't see that too often with professional athletes these days. They tend to get "offended" much to easily and make it very well known how upset they are.

I have no idea whether or not Branch is pissed with all of what has happened over these past few years, and that's the way it should be. He has been the definition of the patriot way lately, and I gotta respect that.

Branch seems to have a good grasp on it all. He said he was never mad during the holdout on a personal level and understood it was all business. He, I assume, understands its business and not a personal thing. he and WW are hurt and Salas is someone we like.
He's been a team player but its not like he cant get more money anywhere.
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:

Gotta respect that.

Branch seems to have a good grasp on it all. He said he was never mad during the holdout on a personal level and understood it was all business. He, I assume, understands its business and not a personal thing. he and WW are hurt and Salas is someone we like.
He's been a team player but its not like he cant get more money anywhere.

Oh absolutely...I'm not mad or anything that he got waived, like you said it's a business and the team is better without him for now. It's just good to see him handling everything the way he has been.

Sig credit: Deadpulse
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
While he hasn't been a star producer on offense, he has been cut, resigned, cut, resigned, quite a few times over that time period and has taken it with nothing but a smile and respect.

Not to nitpick too much, but he was only cut and re-signed once. It was nice that he didn't complain about it, but he (IIRC) has said that at this point of his career he'd only want to play for New England due to family issues (doesn't want to uproot his kids).

He's been a good teammate since coming back but he's old, washed up and was cut (for the first time) at final cuts along with a ton of other guys who are still employed. I don't know that there's anything special in him sitting around for a few weeks in the beginning of the year waiting to be re-signed.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Donut wrote:
Glad Branch was released for Salas. Hopefully he plays on Sunday. Really want to see if he can make things happen.

Salas is behind Welker, Lloyd, and Edelman (who the team seems to like more than we do) on the depth chart. In addition to Gronkowski and Fells. I doubt he plays much, if at all.

I wouldn't be so sure after that.

Last week Brady chewed out Edelman and after that he didn't get a single target.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: