Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Washington Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Pre-Washington Mock Reply with quote

New GM : 49ers Director of College Scouting Joel Patten

Head Coach : Vic Fangio

Offensive Coordinator : Norv Turner

Arrow Connection with Fangio : Vic Fangio when in Baltimore, coached with Cam Cameron, who is a Norv Turner disciple.

Offensive Staff
QB Coach : John Ramsdell
RB Coach : Ollie Wilson
WR Coach : Charlie Joiner
TE Coach : Jason Michael
OL Coach : Hal Hunter

Defensive Coordinator / OLB Coach : Kevin Greene

Arrow Connection with Fangio : Vic Fangio and Kevin Greene are both from the Dom Capers coaching tree, and Greene played for Fangio when he was in Carolina. We'll run a hybrid 3-4/4-3 to start with, before going to a 4-3 full time.

Defensive Staff
DL Coach : Ted Gill
ILB Coach : Robert Saleh
DB / Assistant Head Coach : John Hoke

Special Teams Coordinator : Rich Bisaccia

Prior to the cap roll over the Eagles are an expected $18,120,825 over the cap. The Cap we can roll over is $21,716,957. Meaning at this point in the offseason we have $3,596,132. These figures are per www.eaglescap.com

Cuts
Arrow QB Michael Vick ($17,900,000 saved against the cap)
Arrow WR Jason Avant ($1,290,000 saved against the cap)
Arrow LG Evan Mathis ($0 saved against the cap)
Arrow DE Jason Babin ($3,845,000 saved against the cap)
Arrow DT Cullen Jenkins ($5,500,000 saved against the cap)
Arrow DT Mike Patterson ($4,064,000 saved against the cap)
Arrow CB Nnamdi Asomugha ($11,300,000 saved against the cap)

Pay Cut
Arrow OL Jason Peters (Lowers cap hit from $10,400,000 to $5,400,000)
Free Agents

This frees up an additional $48,899,000 in cap room. This takes the total cap space we have to $52,486,132.

Re-Signings
Arrow OL King Dunlap / 2 Years
King Dunlap is a solid backup swing tackle, so he is brought back on a 2 year contract to be the swing tackle.

Arrow CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is given the franchise tag
Stay Tuned

Trade
Arrow The Eagles trade Franchise tagged CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to the Miami Dolphins, along with the 6th overall pick to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for LT Jake Long and the 16th Overall Pick.

The difference in picks is roughly that of the 31st pick, and add in a pro bowl corner, and it makes this deal a very fair deal for both sides.

DRC isn't a fit for the new scheme being brought in as San Francisco asks their corners to be more physical, but there is value so he is tagged and traded. They pair DRC and Sean Smith to give them one of the better corner duos in the NFL. They have struggled across from him since trading Vontae Davis, so they upgrade and don't lose any players.

Jake Long fits the man blocking scheme brought in by Norv Turner, and not a fit for the zone scheme in Miami right now. The trade puts them in a position to draft Taylor Lewan or Luke Jockel, while we get our LT, and maintain a first round pick.

Free Agents
Arrow OL Louis Vasquez / 5 Years

This move completes the revamping of the offensive line, as he pairs on the right side with Jason Peters while Herremans kicks to LG next to Jake Long to form a nasty line with size and athletic ability. Jason Kelce at 295 pounds is big enough to be a solid starter in a man scheme, and I think he can do it, but there will be a challenge brought in.

Arrow DL Tony McDaniel / 3 Years

McDaniel comes in to be the bookend at DE across from Fletcher Cox, McDaniel is a strong run defender who is at his best in a 3-4 defense. He uses his length to affect the passing game by getting his hands up and batting down passes, and also uses his length to be able to disengage and make the play. He also can maintain blocks if needed and is a player who will provide us with a solid starter at LDE.

Arrow DL Aubrayo Franklin / 2 Years

The 3-4 requires a nose tackle, and while Franklin is aging, he's a strong run stuffer up front and even if it was for just in 06, he played on a team coached by Fangio so there is familiarity with the scheme. Franklin comes in as the starting nose tackle on a 2 year deal, and while he may be a stopgap until we can develop a replacement, you can do a lot worst than Franklin.

Arrow CB Aqib Talib / 2 Years

Talib has has a litany of off field issues, but as a player he's got shutdown corner potential, and has been close to living up to that potential. He's a physical corner and can play both man and zone, and is able to make plays in the running game as well. While he is a risk, a 2 year deal which is set up with a one year guaranteed and the 2nd being contingent on a roster bonus with a provision he keeps himself out of trouble is what I'd expect.

Draft
Arrow With the 15th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker, Cornelius Carradine, Florida State

Carradine is physically similar to Aldon Smith coming out, and is used at FSU a lot like Smith was at Missouri. Whether they kick him inside or outside, or the occasional drop into coverage, Carradine is the type of athlete who can fit into any type of defensive front be it as a down lineman in a four man front or as a rush linebacker in a 3-4 Carradine is a special football player. He's raw as a pass rusher, but has shown exceptional development as the season has gone along this season. He's a legitimate first round prospect, and is a guy with legitimate star potential. For a defensive coordinator that got the most out of Smith, this may be a perfect landing spot for Carradine as far as the 3-4 goes.

Arrow With the 39th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Cornerback, Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

A talented player out of the pacific northwest, Poyer is a corner who plays physical, can play zone or man, and can move around the formation whether it be inside or outside. He's strong when pressing or off, can play the run, and is a flat out football player. He's probably the fourth or fifth corner to be drafted, but I think he has a shot to be a pro bowl caliber player, and his physicality and versatility give us another option in the passing game. With Boykin in tow he won't be asked to kick inside as much, but he has some size on Brandon, so it allows us another option. He's also a good punt returner, so it adds special teams value.

Arrow With the 67th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Aaron Dobson, Marshall

In any other class, Dobson is a second round pick with a shot at the late first. That said, this is a STACKED receiver class, Dobson slips through the cracks to the third round, where Norv Turner is glad to have him. While originally he will be the #3 receiver who will split time in the slot with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, he will be groomed into that Vincent Jackson number one receiver in this offense who has size to be an underneath option as well as a redzone option, but also is a long strider who can get deep and use his height and leaping ability on deep balls.

Arrow With the 103rd Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Safety, Kenny Tate, Maryland

Tate is one of my favorite safeties in this class when Maryland plays him at safety. He's been played at OLB and had injury issues, but when at safety he's shown Adrian Wilson/Kam Chancellor type ability, but due to the position switch which has been a lateral move for him, and the injuries will drop his draft stock from a second or third round guy to a 4th round type prospect. I think he could come in right away and challenge Kurt Coleman for his starting spot in the defensive backfield.

Arrow With the 142nd Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive End Margus Hunt, SMU

Hunt is as athletic as any 3-4 end prospect in a while, and physically will remind you of JJ Watt. That said, outside of blocking kicks, he really hasn't shown production as a football player, so he is only a high ceiling risk prospect at this point, but its the type of risk worth taking in the 5th round for a rebuilding team.

Arrow With the 180th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive Tackle, Anthony Rashad White, Michigan State

Anthony Rashad White comes in immediately as the number 2 nose tackle, and an option as the long term answer at the nose. White is a load in the middle and can eat up blockers and be a strong run defender in the middle of the Spartans defense, and has NFL talent.

Arrow With the 226th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Linebacker Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech

Taylor is a developmental thumping linebacker in the 3-4 who at worst is a decent backup as he's a big strong tackler who can shed blockers. That said, he has limitations in coverage and in space and that may be putting it lightly, it can be masked playing next to Mychal Kendricks if he becomes the starting TED backer in the future, which he could be.

Arrow With the 236th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Center, Tevita Stevens, Utah

A developmental center with size and power, Stevens is a guy who has strength and size to be a solid project center in the NFL, and compete long term with Kelce if he doesn't fit the new blocking scheme.

UDFA
Arrow Quarterback Sean Renfree, Duke

Future #2 QB if all ends well with him

Arrow Defensive End David Kruger, Utah

Depth at the 3-4 End spot with talent.

Arrow Outside Linebacker, Wes Horton

Talented kid with room to grow as an OLB in the 3-4.

Arrow Punter Jackson Rice, Oregon

Strong legged punter out of the Pacific Northwest.

Depth Chart
Nick Foles // Trent Edwards // Sean Renfree
LeSean McCoy // Bryce Brown // Chris Polk
Stanley Havilli
DeSean Jackson // Jeremy Maclin // Aaron Dobson // Riley Cooper // Damaris Johnson
Brent Celek // Clay Harbor
Jake Long // King Dunlap
Todd Herremans
Jason Kelce // Tevita Stevens
Louis Vasquez // Danny Watkins
Jason Peters // Dennis Kelly

Tony McDaniel // Cedric Thorton // David Kruger
Aubrayo Franklin // Anthony Rashad White
Fletcher Cox // Margus Hunt
Trent Cole // Brandon Graham // Phillip Hunt
DeMeco Ryans // Bruce Taylor
Mychal Kendricks // Jamar Chaney // Casey Matthews
Cornelius Carradine // Vinny Curry // Wes Horton
Aqib Talib // Jordan Poyer // Brandon Boykin // Curtis Marsh // Brandon Hughes
Nate Allen // David Sims
Kenny Tate // Kurt Coleman

Alex Henery
Jackson Rice
Jon Dorenbos
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Rashad White....Thats one big boy....

Shocked
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok, though the secondary really worries me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Sure Miami is stoked about that trade bro?! With Andy gone how we going to troll like that?

Go from DRC to Talib? Very Happy Cool I dunno why that seems so odd to me. They almost seem like the same person to me. I think Talib has find a home in New England.. Hes a maniac but that is where maniacs normal out. Should be good for him.

Norv turner is a joke and is bad voodoo bro.

Like the draft tho.

I hear Carradine is a freak of nature.

Poyer and Dobson are the best pics ever. There could make instant impacts. tough physical players with lots of athletic upside.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
You Sure Miami is stoked about that trade bro?! With Andy gone how we going to troll like that?

Go from DRC to Talib? Very Happy Cool I dunno why that seems so odd to me. They almost seem like the same person to me. I think Talib has find a home in New England.. Hes a maniac but that is where maniacs normal out. Should be good for him.

Norv turner is a joke and is bad voodoo bro.

Like the draft tho.

I hear Carradine is a freak of nature.

Poyer and Dobson are the best pics ever. There could make instant impacts. tough physical players with lots of athletic upside.

Those were my favourite picks, mainly as they are in my next mock.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know how I feel about switching to a 3-4. It's completely stupid.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
gator3guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Tate's safety days are over.
MJG123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carradine 15th overall? If you're going that route, you're better off gambling on Dion Jordan from Oregon - that kid has some huge upside.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJG123 wrote:
Carradine 15th overall? If you're going that route, you're better off gambling on Dion Jordan from Oregon - that kid has some huge upside.

Both will be top 15 picks after the combine. I've been saying it for a few weeks.

B60, while Turner sucks as a HC, but he's a great offensive coordinator. I also think the trade is possible, as the Dolphins are going to a ZBS and Long is not a fit, and they get first round value and a pro bowl caliber corner.

Talib's a more physical corner than DRC, thats the reason for that switch.

I also completely disagree with the notion Kenny Tate can't play safety anymore. He still plays snaps in the defensive backfield and looks much better in those situations than he does in the box. His game is similar to Adrian Wilson and Kam Chancellor, both of whom had the same questions coming out.
MJG123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap....Dion Jordan will fly up the draft boards.....but assuming the Eagles go with Foles...I think they ultimately go BPA and in this draft at their projected range...I think that 1st pick is either on the OL or DL. My guess is that first pick ends up being on the OL unless a guy falls that they just can't pass up...like Star Lotulelei.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJG123 wrote:
Yeap....Dion Jordan will fly up the draft boards.....but assuming the Eagles go with Foles...I think they ultimately go BPA and in this draft at their projected range...I think that 1st pick is either on the OL or DL. My guess is that first pick ends up being on the OL unless a guy falls that they just can't pass up...like Star Lotulelei.

I had improved the OL through FA and trade though, and there isn't a center worth a 1st round pick in this class. We take one of the best pass rushers on the board for the new 3-4 being brought in.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good if we are switching to the 3-4

But that's not something I want to do, nor think makes sense. It'll add years to the rebuilding process.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
gator3guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
It's good if we are switching to the 3-4

But that's not something I want to do, nor think makes sense. It'll add years to the rebuilding process.

Ehh I'm not so sure about that. Assuming they cut/trade most, if not all the high paid guys (Babin, Nnamdi, Patt, Jenkins) you're looking at a rebuild of the defense anyway. Assuming they scrap the wide-9, they are going to be looking for different defensive lineman as well.

You look at the Colts who went from the Cover 2 to the 3-4 this year and are a middle of the pack defense. That's with only drafting 2 defenders (neither of which has played) and a bunch of cast-offs from other teams. And one of their best players, Freeney, has done nothing.

So it'd look something like this:

NT:
Draft/FA (Must)

5-techniques:
Cox
Thornton
Trotter (Reach, but he played the position in college)
Draft/FA

OLB:
Cole (Our version of Freeney. Would be better off trading him.)
Hunt
Draft/FA (must)

ILB:
Ryans
Kendricks
Jordan
Matthews (cut)
Chaney (cut)
Draft/FA

Now that doesn't look great but IMO this is a great draft for 3-4 defenses.

NT:
Lotulelei (could play 5 as well)
Hankins
Jenkins
Williams
Geathers

5-tech:
Richardson
Ansah (OLB)
Gholston
Floyd
Dawkins
Hunt
Kruger

OLB (loaded):
Mingo
Jones
Werner
Moore
Carradine
Jordan
Barr
Montgomery
Lemonier
Thomas
Jenkins
Washington

A lot of possibilities, but I don't think a transition to the 3-4 would significantly prolong the rebuild process. Barring a miraculous acquisition of talent and/or a brilliant coaching job, this team is a few years from competing anyway. There's just too many holes to think otherwise.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually kind of like it.

Don't like Talib, and if he's more physical than DRC, it's not very much.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: