Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals Draft Talk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon is having a big day. Watch Bray vs Vandy. I still think Wilson will fall to the 2nd. I would take either Bray or Wilson in the 2nd or sign Matt Moore as insurance for Kolb.

Last edited by AZPSquared on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Well, Matt Barkley's having a season to forget.

FIFY

Really, Barkley is just having a poor season.

The entire team is having a season to forget. Kiffin will probably get fired.

Barkley still making good throws...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Glennon is having a big day. Watch Bray vs Vandy. I still think Wilson will fall to the 2nd. I would take either Bray or Wilson or even Glennon in the 2nd or sign Matt Moore as insurance for Kolb.

Glennon had a big 1st half. Was terrible in the 2nd half, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Dooley just sat Bray. I know he hasnt been sharp, but Bray is their best shot at winning. Bray I think will leave college after the season.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take:
Wilson in the 2nd
Bray in the 2nd
Jones in the 3rd
Glennon in the 3rd
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley's gonna be there in the 2nd. I'm on record.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has been great today and ive even seen him stay in the pocket
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For this im not going to worry about whether or not players come out of college:

Round 1: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Round 2: Corey Lemoiner, DE/OLB, Auburn
Round 3: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Round 4: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
Round 5: Philip Thomas, S, Fresno State
Round 6: Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech
Round 7: Blaize Foltz, OG, TCU
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we stop with Landry Jones? I'd much rather take Wilson or Barkley with our 2nd...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Can we stop with Landry Jones? I'd much rather take Wilson or Barkley with our 2nd...

I'd rather just avoid QB all together this year.

Bottom line for me is this; When you get Lindley at his best you have a great QB, same thing can be said for some of these draft prospects. The big thing with most of them (The likes of Glennon, Manuel, Nassib) is their consistency.

Rather than spending a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round on one of those guys I would rather invest our time and energy into Lindley, he is certainly no worse as an overall prospect than those guys I just mentioned and he has a year in the system.

There is no slam dunk QB in this draft, there is no really elite QB prospect in this draft, so for me, avoid QB this year.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:

Jones has been great this season and he is learning to stay in the pocket. He throws a great ball thats strong and accurate.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wont chose Landry Jones, we can all watch tape, horrible when pressured, cannot be trusted 20 yards out, so they trot out that human cannon ball, who cannot throw and only run, says something about your senior quaterback right there. He will be there in the 3rd, 4th and we wont pick him.

If we draft Jones, I will support someone else, i am that confident.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'd rather just avoid QB all together this year.

Bottom line for me is this; When you get Lindley at his best you have a great QB, same thing can be said for some of these draft prospects. The big thing with most of them (The likes of Glennon, Manuel, Nassib) is their consistency.

Rather than spending a pick in the 2nd or 3rd round on one of those guys I would rather invest our time and energy into Lindley, he is certainly no worse as an overall prospect than those guys I just mentioned and he has a year in the system.

There is no slam dunk QB in this draft, there is no really elite QB prospect in this draft, so for me, avoid QB this year.

I'd like to avoid drafting a QB by signing you-know-who but that's not happening and a new coach will want his own guy. Lindley had accuracy issues in college and I doubt a new HC and his staff will feel comfortable rolling with him.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I'd like to avoid drafting a QB by signing you-know-who but that's not happening and a new coach will want his own guy. Lindley had accuracy issues in college and I doubt a new HC and his staff will feel comfortable rolling with him.

We still don't know whether or not there will be a new staff here at all. Lindley had "accuracy" issues insomuch as he had a completion percentage that is below what you would want it to be. When he got his mechanics down he threw one of the best balls in the draft last year, velocity, placement, everything. His issue was consistently repeating his mechanics and his decision making process.

That is the same guy as Mike Glennon, that is the same guy as Ryan Nassib, that is the same guy as EJ Manuel. You could say it is a guy along a similar path to a Logan Thomas.

Just for reference Ryan got a lot of talk in his Junior year as a potential upper first round selection. He did not really progress, and I am not talking about this guy IS the future. I am saying he has as much chance of being "the future" as any QB in the 2012 NFL draft not named Geno Smith.

Also, I would seriously question the entire organization as a whole if this team went anywhere near Michael Vick.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

We still don't know whether or not there will be a new staff here at all. Lindley had "accuracy" issues insomuch as he had a completion percentage that is below what you would want it to be. When he got his mechanics down he threw one of the best balls in the draft last year, velocity, placement, everything. His issue was consistently repeating his mechanics and his decision making process.

That is the same guy as Mike Glennon, that is the same guy as Ryan Nassib, that is the same guy as EJ Manuel. You could say it is a guy along a similar path to a Logan Thomas.

Just for reference Ryan got a lot of talk in his Junior year as a potential upper first round selection. He did not really progress, and I am not talking about this guy IS the future. I am saying he has as much chance of being "the future" as any QB in the 2012 NFL draft not named Geno Smith.

Also, I would seriously question the entire organization as a whole if this team went anywhere near Michael Vick.

I'd question them more banking on Lindley. On the other side Vick led top ten offenses in 2010 & 2011 while finishing top 3 in MVP voting. You put any QB behind that OL with terrible play calling and they'd be struggling or injured this year.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 58 of 100

Jump to: