Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC Game of the Week: Bears at 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17543
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.


As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.


Even with the inconsistency of the offence I see both games against Minnesota as bankers…we will beat Arizona & Detroit at the end of the year…that leaves games against Seattle who are in the same situation as us with a great D but consistency issues on offence and I would take Cutler over Wilson every time and a game against GB…where you can always throw the form book out the window.


I love guarantees. Minnesota is no sure thing and neither is Detroit. Arizona is really the only sure thing on the schedule left. But like you said any given Sunday and right now were not consistent enough on both sides of the ball to make me feel comfortable against anyone.

If we make the playoffs we better be hitting on all cylinders. If we dont make it I think there will be massive coaching changes.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21806
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.


As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.


Even with the inconsistency of the offence I see both games against Minnesota as bankers…we will beat Arizona & Detroit at the end of the year…that leaves games against Seattle who are in the same situation as us with a great D but consistency issues on offence and I would take Cutler over Wilson every time and a game against GB…where you can always throw the form book out the window.


I love guarantees. Minnesota is no sure thing and neither is Detroit. Arizona is really the only sure thing on the schedule left. But like you said any given Sunday and right now were not consistent enough on both sides of the ball to make me feel comfortable against anyone.

If we make the playoffs we better be hitting on all cylinders. If we dont make it I think there will be massive coaching changes.


I didn't say Detroit was a banker...but we will beat them...Minnesota can only win when they go for a stack of yards on the ground...against our D that isn't going to happen and there is no way Ponder beats us with his arm if/when we close down their running game.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17543
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.


As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.


Even with the inconsistency of the offence I see both games against Minnesota as bankers…we will beat Arizona & Detroit at the end of the year…that leaves games against Seattle who are in the same situation as us with a great D but consistency issues on offence and I would take Cutler over Wilson every time and a game against GB…where you can always throw the form book out the window.


I love guarantees. Minnesota is no sure thing and neither is Detroit. Arizona is really the only sure thing on the schedule left. But like you said any given Sunday and right now were not consistent enough on both sides of the ball to make me feel comfortable against anyone.

If we make the playoffs we better be hitting on all cylinders. If we dont make it I think there will be massive coaching changes.


I didn't say Detroit was a banker...but we will beat them...Minnesota can only win when they go for a stack of yards on the ground...against our D that isn't going to happen and there is no way Ponder beats us with his arm if/when we close down their running game.


Ill get back to you after those games. From my experience guarantees normally dont turn out well for the person making them Laughing. Especially in this sport.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TexasBearsFan


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 1203
Location: Waco, TX
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.


As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.



We've got to be the only team in the entire history of football that was 7-2 and had fans saying that they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Every time you think about Sunday it must just cause such and awful cramp of disgust and pain that I'm amazed you even watch the games. I know I wouldn't, if I constantly thought our team wasn't very good and didn't stand much chance week after week after week.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 6893
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I am praying that Cutler plays, but I just have this unshakable feeling that the rumors are true and he isn't going to suit up. If that is the case we are in real trouble in this one.
Whether Jay plays or not, this will be a game almost impossible for us to win. We have not won there in a Quarter of a Century even when the 49ers were crap. Combine that with MNF and it would take a near miracle for us to be victorious.


The Bears haven't won in Candlestick Park in 25 years? Wonder why? YA Tittle, John Brodie, Joe Montana and Steve Young are all retired. Cool
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18218
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jay Glazer says Jay passed all his concussion tests, but Lovie is dictating that he sit this week out.

Small chance Jay still plays Monday
_________________

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 17543
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Got to say I really hope Cutler sits this game out…I wouldn’t even mind if it costs us the game…as a Bears fan that’s tough to say since I want us to win every game but the end game this year is clearly the playoffs…losing to San Fran would drop us to 7-3 on the season with 6 very winnable games remaining…if we can even go 4-2 in the last 6 games I think we will be in the playoffs and with our D in an any given Sunday one on one situation I would feel pretty confident against anyone…the key is to just get out of this game with a healthy roster.


As I see it right now we dont make the playoffs. Not with the way this offense is playing even with Cutler.



We've got to be the only team in the entire history of football that was 7-2 and had fans saying that they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Every time you think about Sunday it must just cause such and awful cramp of disgust and pain that I'm amazed you even watch the games. I know I wouldn't, if I constantly thought our team wasn't very good and didn't stand much chance week after week after week.


Thank you for putting words in my mouth. I never said we didnt stand much of a chance. Were always going to be competitive with this defense playing the way it has been. Im saying our offense needs to pick it up considerably because our schedule is not a cake walk now.There are no more easy games. I would watch this team even if we only had 1 win. But this team offensively has been extremely frustrating to watch

If we win against the 49ers some of the concerns will go away. The Packers are right there with us though. Every game is huge right now.
_________________

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 6893
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
So Jay Glazer says Jay passed all his concussion tests, but Lovie is dictating that he sit this week out.

Small chance Jay still plays Monday


Let Jay sit. Don't fool around with concussions. Jason Campbell should be fine.

What if the Bears win on MNF after a quarter of a century of losing in SF?

If they lose, they left their heart and the game plan in San Francisco.... Wink
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9312
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
So Jay Glazer says Jay passed all his concussion tests, but Lovie is dictating that he sit this week out.

Small chance Jay still plays Monday


Let Jay sit. Don't fool around with concussions. Jason Campbell should be fine.

What if the Bears win on MNF after a quarter of a century of losing in SF?

If they lose, they left their heart and the game plan in San Francisco.... Wink


Lovie is making the right call.

It is too bad that the Lions could not get us a little breathing room.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3706
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA/ Albuquerque, NM
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Cutler is one tough dude, I could tell right away he was out of it after that hit, his eyes were so clouded. After hearing what Tim Dobbins had to say after the game, I truly hope the career backup has a season ending injury on Sunday. And Ive NEVER wished such a thing on a player. That guy is a straight scumbag! But thinking for the future, this is a good move. I really think we win the North, more than likely it'll come down to week 15 when we play the Packers.


Lol, "He ran into me!" What a BS statement. Laughing


Quote:
“No,’’ said Dobbins, who says he doesn’t think he should be fined for the hit. “I felt like it was on time.’’

Do you think your hit was what gave Cutler the concussion?

“I have no idea,’’ he said. “No clue. But it was good that he was out, though. You always want to take the quarterback out of the game.’’

I really only see one way that statement can be interpreted... It's just ridiculous. He's a nobody trying to make a name for himself.


He's 100% right, though.

And if Matt Slausen's response to his blantant cutblock on Cushing was, "oh yeah well we try to hurt defenders" what would Texans fans be saying? Come on now.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChiBear


Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Posts: 992
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
I am not concern if Cutler plays. he has had a bad year so far, he isnt anything special at all - yeah he might be the best qb we have had in a long time but the guy throws way too many picks - I would guess that we would be close to the same record without him and Campbell as the QB.
Similar career #s to Eli Mannning, but he's not special at all, let the hate flow thru you.
. You cant compare those two. Eli is way better and has two rings to prove he can do it better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9312
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win tomorrow and we stay in 1st.

Lose and we are in 2nd behind the Packers.

How did these guys catch us again.
_________________
WindyCity "He will start week 1 because while he is raw he is shockingly athletic and can pass block. Long is a bigger risk than Cooper and Warmack, but I think he has just as high a ceiling."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18218
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiBear wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChiBear wrote:
I am not concern if Cutler plays. he has had a bad year so far, he isnt anything special at all - yeah he might be the best qb we have had in a long time but the guy throws way too many picks - I would guess that we would be close to the same record without him and Campbell as the QB.
Similar career #s to Eli Mannning, but he's not special at all, let the hate flow thru you.
. You cant compare those two. Eli is way better and has two rings to prove he can do it better.
Then why do they have such similar #s, the only quantifiable thing that separates the 2 is that Eli has 2 rings.
_________________

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BearsDen1-99


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 1345
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No games in the NFL or any pro sport is a give me or a easy one.Things change from week to week and teams change from year to year.

All games are tough and if they ain't then ask the Texans who escaped with a win today against Jacksonville.
_________________


NFL=Chicago Bears since 79'
NBA=New York Knicks 81'
MLB=New York Mets 81'
NCAAF=Nebraska Corhuskers 83'
NCAAB=North Carolina 81'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 6893
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird history with Candlestick Park. Going back to 1991 and Steve Young putting up about 50+ points on the Bears. Yet home games in Soldier Field are the reverse.

As recently as 2009 Cutler's Bears lost to Alex Smith in SF.

What is it? The fog? The wind? The Karma?

Bears win tonight as Jason Campbell returns to form.

Campbell 1 TD 0 INT
Bears D cause 3 TO's
Hester returns one.
Tillman is back. Wink
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 4 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group