Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Mock You're all trying to Steal
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
I would be very dissapointed if a 2nd round pick and a promising 7th rounder couldnt be the answer at RB together. (even though I dont think Pead is good, he should be a decent back up.)

I dont like spending a first on a DT, either.

Also dont like Kenny Britt. Hes nothing but trouble, and I dont think its worth it to have him around our guys. Even if he played well here for a year, would you really want to give this dude a good contract?

I think I liked your last mock better.

I think our priorities this year should be resigning Danny and Dunbar. If givens continues to progress I wouldnt even count WR as a huge need. We could then focus on shoring up the line and defense in the draft.

I would love to get Keller, though. He would be a nice reliable target. Greg Jones would be nice too. Two solid moves that just improves our team.

We have got to get a WR or TE with some height and or jumping ability. Have you ever seen our red zone offense?

Isnt that what quick is supposed to be? Also, I think our line is a bigger problem in the endzone than the WRs.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I have to make something clear. These Movks are not about making you all happy. And statements like "give us..." Are the worst, because that's just who you want.

If I made a mock about who I wanted it would look nothing like this. I look at draft trends, team philosophy, the systems we run and players I have projected to be available to come up with these. They are for fun and discussion, so keep it up please, but realize this is more than just "these are guys I like". I do some of those at the very begining of the year, not at this time tho.

We are very likely to put more assets into the DT position. By history, scheme, and by vertue of the extra 1st it's a high likelyhood. I don't know if it will be Sheldon. But I would expect a major contributor out of FA or by the end of Day 2.

Thinking we are going completely youth at RB seems a bit foolish.

And lastly, the "I don't want him to influence our young players" is the absolute dumbest thing you can argue. Britt has never influenced anyone else as of yet, Fisher kept him in check, he has crazy talent, and there is a chance he could be had for cheap. You take chances on talent and trust that you have the leadership in your FO, locker room, and especially HC to take care of problems if they arise.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I feel like I have to make something clear. These Movks are not about making you all happy. And statements like "give us..." Are the worst, because that's just who you want.

If I made a mock about who I wanted it would look nothing like this. I look at draft trends, team philosophy, the systems we run and players I have projected to be available to come up with these. They are for fun and discussion, so keep it up please, but realize this is more than just "these are guys I like". I do some of those at the very begining of the year, not at this time tho.

We are very likely to put more assets into the DT position. By history, scheme, and by vertue of the extra 1st it's a high likelyhood. I don't know if it will be Sheldon. But I would expect a major contributor out of FA or by the end of Day 2.

And lastly, the "I don't want him to influence our young players" is the absolute dumbest thing you can argue. Britt has never influenced anyone else as of yet, Fisher kept him in check, he has crazy talent, and there is a chance he could be had for cheap. You take chances on talent and trust that you have the leadership in your FO, locker room, and especially HC to take care of problems if they arise.

Dead on about Kenny Britt. People forget that even the most ridiculous of problematic WRs (Owens, Moss, Keyshawn,) eventually grow out of it. He is a great fit for the matchup nightmare on the outside that this team needs.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

I like what you've done it addresses all our needs with talent I'm just curious what our salary cap looks like going into next year and what the likelihood of that many free agents is. They aren't all top the the line names but each still will require some money to get here.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying t ask you to change your draft. I was just stating my thoughts on Britt, as far as discussion goes. I wasn't trying to attack your mock. If they did end up getting him I would hope for him to succeed and that his problems are behind him.

You did a good job on the pictures and explanations in your mock draft, it was fun to read.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless im missing something, Moss and Owens were never in half as much as trouble as britt has been off the field. They also werent Injury prone and were much better.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
I like what you've done it addresses all our needs with talent I'm just curious what our salary cap looks like going into next year and what the likelihood of that many free agents is. They aren't all top the the line names but each still will require some money to get here.
First of all there arent that many free agents. Teams bring in anywhere from 8-15 new free agents every year, they just arent all flashy guys. A FB, a one year deal on an average-at-best RB, and another 1 year deal on a TE that has been hurt most of this year...Thats almost no money at all. The only Cash really being spent is bringing back Danny & Signing Moore. We have plenty of cap room for that stuff.

And as someone (maybe it was you) asked about Britt, No we wont be giving him an extention. The reason he is so cheap (mid 4th round pick ~ #110) is that he will be a Free Agent, and that is also the out clause for the team if he doesnt want to fall in line. You can alway give him an extention later if he proves he deserves it.

I understand Britt has had some problems, None of them are that big of a deal, none of them have been close to cut worthy. And yes he has had injuries, and he only has 1 year left on his rookie contract, thats why he is so cheap to get. Fans value draft picks outside of the Top 100 way too much, they just like to see another new guy. How many times have you said "maybe we can get an extra 5th"? The chances that guy is on the roster in 3 years are slim.

You can not get the potential that Kenny Britt would bring with a Mid 4th round pick. Its just not going to be there, and if for some reason it is, their problems are going to be WAY worse than anything Britt would bring.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk why everyone is making a big deal about Britt... Ive loved Britt since he came out and while he is not the same as Brandon Marshall, it could be a similar situation getting him for a mid rounder in which finding the same caliber WR would be extremely difficult.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: