Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Griffin hungrier in 2nd half of season- named Captain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Griffin hungrier in 2nd half of season- named Captain Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8634642

Quote:
ASHBURN, Va. -- Robert Griffin III made his debut as an NFL captain with typical RG3 flair, wearing mismatched shoes, saying he's "even hungrier" following a few days off and lamenting that he likely won't get to play against Michael Vick on Sunday.

The Redskins' offensive players voted Wednesday to make their quarterback a team captain for the rest of the season. Coach Mike Shanahan said he believes it's the first time he's had a rookie in such a leadership position.

"I came back even hungrier. ... I thought I was hungry before the bye week," Griffin said. "You come back and you realize just how much more energy you have, just having that week off."
I love this! This guy is just amazing. So mature, so focused, such a leader. Our future is bright as long as we have #10. Cool

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the attitude, just wish the rest of the team particular the Defense would take this attitude as well. It sucks that its acceptable fro them to play bad week in and week out. We are 9 games in and we still can't play D, no more excuses for the guys that are filling in for starters. They need to start showing production or they dont need to be here any longer. The backups are supposed to be taking advantage of the snaps they are getting to make their futures brighter. Jenkins, Jackson, and Reed/DeJon need to get it together and start playing like the starters that they are now. I'm not asking for Merriweather, Rak, and Carriker production. Just want to see a few plays made from these guys from time to time and not just body's filling in.
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just goes to show his maturity and his ability to lead. Its a good sign for the offense and this team moving forward.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Onlt 8 TD passes in 9 games --Hope he can pick up the pace there .. Only 3 intercepts also.. Guess he's just not getting the reward cause he's not taking the risk maybe.
brandonb2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Onlt 8 TD passes in 9 games --Hope he can pick up the pace there .. Only 3 intercepts also.. Guess he's just not getting the reward cause he's not taking the risk maybe.

- He had two to Josh Morgan called back
- Hank dropped 1 for sure TD, and also short armed a deep ball that would have been a TD.
- Aldrick also dropped a deep ball that probably would have been a TD, and was PI in the end that wasn't called.

I know I know "woulda coulda shoulda" just a tough break but he is "supposed" to have about 5 more TD passes.
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:

Yes but you also have to take into account the red zone playcalling. Those silly sweeps to Brandon Banks and QB sweeps could have been playaction passes to Logan Paulson or do like every other team and send your FB out for a pass in the red zone. For as good as KShan has been inbetween the twenties he's been terrible inside of them.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Yes but you also have to take into account the red zone playcalling. Those silly sweeps to Brandon Banks and QB sweeps could have been playaction passes to Logan Paulson or do like every other team and send your FB out for a pass in the red zone. For as good as KShan has been inbetween the twenties he's been terrible inside of them.

Its not as if Griff didn't open th e season the best red zone threat in the NFL...

The problem is we lost our go to TE and they've still go the training wheel son Griffin.
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Its not as if Griff didn't open th e season the best red zone threat in the NFL...

The problem is we lost our go to TE and they've still go the training wheel son Griffin.

I'm not talking about rushing TD, I'm speaking only about passing TD.
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I'd blame that mor on horrid playcalling. Let's not forget that stuipd option play Kyle called in the Car game. I mean who runs an option qb run play without a reciever option?
Better run better run faster than RG3.
Brian23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Last I checked a rushing TD is worth the same as a passing TD. Does it matter how many passing touchdowns a team scores if they can put up 4 or 5 on the ground? The idea that Griff has to put up 30 passing TD's because he's a QB is ridiculous. He's not like every QB. He's gonna lose out on passing TD's to run's and with our run working so far its not surprising to see many runs in the redzone.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonb2005 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

- He had two to Josh Morgan called back
- Hank dropped 1 for sure TD, and also short armed a deep ball that would have been a TD.
- Aldrick also dropped a deep ball that probably would have been a TD, and was PI in the end that wasn't called.

I know I know "woulda coulda shoulda" just a tough break but he is "supposed" to have about 5 more TD passes.
he also has 6 TDs rushing.... Through 9 games. he's accounted for 14 tds in 9 games. We run more than we throw in the redzone. Remember alfred morris also has 5 tds rushing. So, thats 19 tds out of our rookies this year- pretty damn aweosme if you ask me!! 9) it's a good thing we are running more in the redzone. Less bad things happen in the redzone when you run the ball.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Last I checked a rushing TD is worth the same as a passing TD. Does it matter how many passing touchdowns a team scores if they can put up 4 or 5 on the ground? The idea that Griff has to put up 30 passing TD's because he's a QB is ridiculous. He's not like every QB. He's gonna lose out on passing TD's to run's and with our run working so far its not surprising to see many runs in the redzone.

I quit. You're completely missing the point.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we run 75% of he time inside the 10. A qb is not going to have a lot of passing TDs if that is the case. It's play calling Confused

But who in the world really cares how we score? I mean really, all that matters is that we do.

If Kyle keeps calling running plays for Griff and Morris in the redzone, Griff may never have 30 TDs passing but if we are scoring, this turtle won't care.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: