Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
IMO any losing team is gonne have a difficult time in F.A. and be forced to overpay. Not only are we a losing team, but it seems we have a culture of losing, its been what, 10 years and the best we've done is 8-8, the average at closer to 5-11?

I think the Eagles are a pretty good example of why you don't build through free agency. IMO if we are ever gonna turn it around, we need to learn how to draft.

IMO we should not be looking for a QBoF in this draft. It's weak for QB's especially considering how loaded last years draft was. Matt Barkley i see as being a typical USC QB with over inflated stats because he plays on arguably the most stacked offense in the league (Robert Woods, Marquis Lee,etc...). And Geno Smith i'm just not sold on, he's had some record breaking performances but nothing about him really stands out to me. He's not the first guy to put up incredible numbers.

I think RM will try to trade back, though realistically our value really drops off if we are later than pick 5. IMO Manti Te'o could very easily go top 10, which doesn't really give us too much room to trade back,and we're probably reluctant to spend another high pick on a MLB... The other guy i'm pulling for us to get is dion jordan, probably a mid first rounder which could give us excellent value in a trade. Also would be happy with Tank Carradine, should we get a 2nd round pick.

Dave Amerson is probably my favorite prospect in this draft... haven't seen a DB that dynamic since Pat Peterson or Eric Berry. Not sure where he'll go but if we got him in the 2nd it'd be a steal.

My Ideal Off-season(significant moves only):

Trade down from pick #4-6 to pick #18-20+2nd rounder+2014 2nd rounder.

1st round - Dion Jordan DE/OLB
2nd round - Dave Amerson CB/FS
3rd round - Andre Ellington RB

After that i kinda stop watching...

F.A. signings:

WR Dwayne Bowe
CB Leodis McKelvin (always thought he had a ton of potential just misfortune of playing for buffalo)
NT Terrance Knighton
RB Felix Jones (maybe being back with DMAC will help both of them)

Last: Trade Tommy Kelly to Carolina for MLB Jon Beason and a mid round pick. Kelly is actually somewhat highly regarded around the league, Beason has been injury plagued lately and Carolina has already found his replacement. Plus we have depth at DL and Kelly's not worth his contract to us.

Let me know if this is too much like a madden off-season lol.

pretty madden like to me Smile
Darbsk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
attack_in_s/b wrote:
IMO any losing team is gonne have a difficult time in F.A. and be forced to overpay. Not only are we a losing team, but it seems we have a culture of losing, its been what, 10 years and the best we've done is 8-8, the average at closer to 5-11?

I think the Eagles are a pretty good example of why you don't build through free agency. IMO if we are ever gonna turn it around, we need to learn how to draft.

IMO we should not be looking for a QBoF in this draft. It's weak for QB's especially considering how loaded last years draft was. Matt Barkley i see as being a typical USC QB with over inflated stats because he plays on arguably the most stacked offense in the league (Robert Woods, Marquis Lee,etc...). And Geno Smith i'm just not sold on, he's had some record breaking performances but nothing about him really stands out to me. He's not the first guy to put up incredible numbers.

I think RM will try to trade back, though realistically our value really drops off if we are later than pick 5. IMO Manti Te'o could very easily go top 10, which doesn't really give us too much room to trade back,and we're probably reluctant to spend another high pick on a MLB... The other guy i'm pulling for us to get is dion jordan, probably a mid first rounder which could give us excellent value in a trade. Also would be happy with Tank Carradine, should we get a 2nd round pick.

Dave Amerson is probably my favorite prospect in this draft... haven't seen a DB that dynamic since Pat Peterson or Eric Berry. Not sure where he'll go but if we got him in the 2nd it'd be a steal.

My Ideal Off-season(significant moves only):

Trade down from pick #4-6 to pick #18-20+2nd rounder+2014 2nd rounder.

1st round - Dion Jordan DE/OLB
2nd round - Dave Amerson CB/FS
3rd round - Andre Ellington RB

After that i kinda stop watching...

F.A. signings:

WR Dwayne Bowe
CB Leodis McKelvin (always thought he had a ton of potential just misfortune of playing for buffalo)
NT Terrance Knighton
RB Felix Jones (maybe being back with DMAC will help both of them)

Last: Trade Tommy Kelly to Carolina for MLB Jon Beason and a mid round pick. Kelly is actually somewhat highly regarded around the league, Beason has been injury plagued lately and Carolina has already found his replacement. Plus we have depth at DL and Kelly's not worth his contract to us.

Let me know if this is too much like a madden off-season lol.

pretty madden like to me Smile

If only my Madden off season was that good!!!

I can see a trade down, but given that by general consensus there are no (at the moment) stand out players to trade up fpr i think we'd be lucky to get a late 1st and 3rd to drop 10 to 15 spots. I'd be really dissapointed if we draft CB and RB in 2 and 3. We need a solid 4-3 pass rushing DE and OG/OT more than any other position IMO.

McKelvin, Knighton and Jones are realistic IMO but don't think Bowe is headed here. Also Kelly for Beason is pretty unrealistic.......... even with a 4th/5th pick thrown in IMO

If we are bringing in a LB, i would think Reggie is looking at someone like Daryl Smith, a proven vet who won't command a huge sum and moving Burris to MLB maybe.

PS you should be watching after the 3rd as that's when Reggie will work his magic (ala Burris Very Happy )
Oaktown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jones , I'm sure DA will too. Oak needs pass rushers. He could be used the same way Den uses Miller.

Star is a stud. Oak needs DT 's I've wanted them to draft one in round 1 for years now. I want ngata badly. I'd be very happy with star

If reggie can trade down. Lewan from Michigan would be a great pick. We need a RT. we haven't had a good one in over 10 years.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
I like Jones , I'm sure DA will too. Oak needs pass rushers. He could be used the same way Den uses Miller.

Star is a stud. Oak needs DT 's I've wanted them to draft one in round 1 for years now. I want ngata badly. I'd be very happy with star

If reggie can trade down. Lewan from Michigan would be a great pick. We need a RT. we haven't had a good one in over 10 years.

Obviously you need to get the whole story on Jones.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

Yup. I find it hard to believe a team in the top half of the 1st round would want to draft him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

Yup. I find it hard to believe a team in the top half of the 1st round would want to draft him.

He will be top10 pick for sure
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has that spinal condition or whatever that could hurt his draft stock... see Da'Quan Bowers last year. Was considered top DE and fell to the 2nd. IMO someone will be willing to trade up for Barkely or Smith if we are in a position to get one of them. Especially if we land in front of K.C....

My draft is going by what imo are the biggest weaknesses on the team. I don't see OL being one of them. Could it be improved, yes. So could every other position on our team. IMO are biggest weaknesses are pretty exclusively on the defensive side of the ball. offensively, our running game is the biggest issue.

Defensively; here are the players i would keep:

Michael Huff, CB. (actually a much better CB than safety, in spite of how bad our secondary as a whole is, huff looks pretty solid)

Tyvon Branch, SS (guy has lead our team in tackles forever, don't wanna know how much worse our d would be without him)

Miles Burris OLB (loved him coming out of college,if we can get him a supporting cast i think this kid could be great)

I don't understand why we aren't trading defensive lineman... It's the only position we have depth at and we actually have got a good amount of it. As well,we have so much money locked up in our d-line yet its still not good. We have all guys that are supposed to be run-stoppers, so our pass rush is non-existent... oh wait we still can't stop the run either?

I'm drafting for impact players... guys that looklike they could come in and make the defense better... at this point that's what we are desperately missing... not safe picks. I am so for trading down because impact players are definitely still there in the 2nd and 3rd round... i never understand why we would accumulate picks in the late rounds... half of those guys don;t even make the team.

In terms of Jarvis Jones though, it is much more difficult to find a top LB that is the Jack-of-all trades type than it is to find a pass rusher. IMO Curry was supposed to be that type of LB.... Miller went to Denver as an elite pass rusher. He's become a well-rounded player while there. I don't think Jones is nearly the pass rusher Miller was and thats what we need most. This draft is so loaded with pass rushers i just find it hard to warrant such a high pick on one when there are others later that are arguably better.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i'm looking to spend a top 5 pick on a DE, i'm waiting till next year and going after jadeveon Clowney. IMO he's an ELITE prospect, and at the level Von Miller was at.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bb for us right now is:

1. Star Lotulelei
2. Barkevious Mingo
3. Luke Joeckel
4. Jonathan Hankins
5. Damontre Moore
6. Matt Barkley
7. Demarcus Milliner
8. Jake Matthews
9. Jarvis Jones (condition scares me)
10. Sam Montgomery

But the thing is, there's issue with all of them. Certain guys might not be available when we pick like Star, Joeckel, Barkley and JJ. Mingo is kinda raw. Not sure about good value with Hankins, Montgomery, Milliner or Matthews. Moore might go back to school.

#FreeAgent
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of Leawn, S&B?? I hate admitting Wolverines are solid players but..... yeah LOL

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Not a fan of Leawn, S&B?? I hate admitting Wolverines are solid players but..... yeah LOL

Who? I'm not as into the draft as I used to be and I watch little to no NCAA. I do like Michigan though. I really liked Brandon Graham one year.

#FreeAgent
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

Who? I'm not as into the draft as I used to be and I watch little to no NCAA. I do like Michigan though. I really liked Brandon Graham one year.

Taylor Lewan (my bad on the keystroke). Looking like the next great LT from Michigan although not on Long's level. I liked Graham a lot also. Was wrong about that one..... so far.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dri Archer from Kent St..... dude is small but his balance is crazy and he's fast as ish. At one point of this game, he had 9 rushes for like 239 yards. First time I've been exposed to him but so far this season, 108 rushes for 1043 yards and 12 TDs (9.7 SEASON average). 27 catches averaging 14.3 YPC. I know the competition is terrible for the most part but damn..... this is a kid to watch out for. If he could bulk up a little bit and still maintain 4.4 speed (he apparently runs a 4.3 flat, fastest at 4.27 [which I highly doubt]) he could be someone to make an impact.

This kid is looking like the reason Kent St has only lost one game this season

PM sig requests.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jtagg, your an OSU fan right? how good is J Hankins? ive watched like 2 OSU games this year and he was meh in both

http://footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=455940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkleys injured.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: