Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Mock You're all trying to Steal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: The Mock You're all trying to Steal Reply with quote

In this Mockup, I am looking at picks around 7 & 15. I also think that that #7 pick will be moved for more picks. Im not projecting the compensation for that deal (lets assume its some more future picks) and now we are looking at like #15 & #22 (just picking numbers).

As far as Rams free agents go, I think the last couple of weeks (with & without him) that Amendola is a significant part of the offense and needs to be retained. I want to hang onto Rob Turner & Bradley Fetcher as well. Try our best with William Hayes & one of the OTs (Williams or Barksdale)

Greg Jones - Fullback Jaguars

It is obvious that the key component of this offense is the running game. And after the OL, the next biggest part to get that going is a capable FB. The other obvious thing is that Brit Miller isnt good enough for this system. "Special Teams Ace" or not (I still lean toward not so much) you dont compromise a starting position for a special teams player. Greg Jones is one of the beat FBs in the game, and he is still versatile enough to be trusted to carry the rock on occasion. Do you trust Miller to do either one of those things adequately? If we are going to have this part of the game be the identity of the offense then we need to get a guy in here to make sure we can run over Anyone and Everyone

Shonn Greene - Halfback Jets

I sill think it pretty obvious that Steven is gone after this year. This past week in SF many of you probably got pretty nostalgic watching him run, and I know how most of you are with nostalgia... youre bad. But going into next season relying on just Richardson & Pead is not something Im sold on just yet. Its not so much about their talent, its more about their stature/durability. Our need might align well with his needs this offseason. He is a guy who was a hype machine for awhile, and now many dont think much of him anymore. I think he is a very likely candidate to be looking for a 1 year deal, hoping he can prove that he is good and get a multi year deal and a lead spot on another squad for 2014. I would love him as insurance. Make everyone earn their share of carries.

William Moore - Safety Falcons

Ive been bangin this drum, and Im going to continue to do it till the day he signs a new contract (whoever its with). I mentioned this last time, he is still an Ascending Player. Those were the types we went after last year and its a very good philosophy to have. Dont bother yourself with the big name ageing vets, get the guys who are still going to get better than the money you're giving them. He is a big strong safety, who can stuff the run and Cover. He is exactly the type of Strong Safety we need to run this Cover2 Hybrid we are trying to go with. Not to mention his swagger will just add to the attitude this D already has.

Dustin Keller - Tight End Jets

Another situation like Greene, Keller's stock has fallen apart under Sparano. It wasnt amazing to begin with, but Schotty actually used him and made people think he was a pretty good TE. I think this is another 1 year deal to build up his value again, and try to cash in for 2014. Kendricks is turning it around, and I see his game as alot like Keller, but another weapon is never a bad thing. The early book on Schotty was that he isnt a "2 TE guy" but this year hasnt been anything like that. He has had Mulligan out as the Slot, and both Lance and McNeil out in routes together. Kendricks blocking will always give him an edge up, but having 2 threats at TE, Sam could be scary.

Chance Warmack - Guard Alabama

Warmack is a monster, and we are actually committing to the run game this time around. I know alot of you want some flashy picks, but as I said a week ago or so, we arent done building this team. And they are building from the inside out. Also most of the best talent in this draft is in the trenches. With being so light on his feet, but also so massive and powerful, Chance is a rare blend that you can build your Line around. Add him between Saffold and a Healthy Wells and we have a suddenly very impressive left side of the Line. And all of the sudden we have 4/5th of our line looking pretty damn good.

Sheldon Richardson - Defensive Tackle Mizzou

I know many will see this as a "luxury pick", well its not. This defense has shown to use a pretty heavy 4 man rotation at DT. The 2 starters of Brockers & Langford, then pass rushers of Cudjo and Hayes. So its pretty obvious another dominating DT would be used plenty while not taking any time away from the 2 starters. With north of 120 snaps per game at those 2 spots there is plenty to go around. If anyone has seen Sheldon this year you know how dominant he has been. Many are saying he is having the best season for ANY Defensive player in Mizzou history (not just DLine) Thats better than anything Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Sean Weatherspoon or anyone else has done, all from the interior of the SEC. Dude is a monster at both blowing up the run and chasing down the QB. He is often getting the Suh treatment in college, having 3 Guys assigned to block him every play, and still getting it done. Not just doing his job, but making splash plays. Having Richarson, Brockers, & Langford as the majority of the DT rotation could turn this D-line into the best in the game.

David Amerson - Defensive Back Alabama

Like the title says, someone much have hacked my computer, or ninja'd my brain, because you all have been throwing out all my ideas in the Draft thread. I have kept an eye on Amerson all season long, not because we need a CB (some mocker on this site have tried to argue we do). But because I have seen him more as a Free Safety since last year. He has an amazing knack for making a play on the ball, but as a man up Cb he has always struggled. And when Tyler Bray decided to challenge him (not being afraid of anyone) he exposed Amerson. But that doesnt mean he isnt a good prospect. His frame and his range along with those amazing ball skills should make him into one really nice Free Safety, and a guy I would absolutely trust as the Deep Safety in this Cover 2 (very much un-Craig Dahl-like) But you might say "if you think he is that good why is he in the middle of the 2nd" good question. I think Amerson remains adamant that he is a CB, and that could scare some teams off. Add both Amerson and Willie Mo, this Secondary is suddenly very good.

Brennan Williams - Tackle North Carolin

Williams is another massive Lineman. He isnt very heavy, but his wide shoulders make him look like a brick wall. He is a very athletic Tackle, and while taking a guy on athleticism hasnt worked out great for us before, Those are the type of prospect I think project the best as RTs. His pass pro needs some work, its mostly technical stuff because once he get in position and locked on his defender isnt going anywhere. As a Pass blocker I wouldnt call it mauling, Id call it dominating blocking (not any better, just a different style). Williams was moving up draft boards due to the impressive work he was doing in front of Giovani Bernard, but a torn labrum in his shoulder has bumped him back down. His recovery could keep him out of alot of predraft stuff, but if that lets us get a steal and a starter here in the mid 3rd round Im good with that.

TRADE: Kenny Britt - Wideout Titans

Here is your Wideout folks. Ive been thinking about Britt on this team since the day we signed Jeff Fisher. Fisher has been the only coach who has ever had Britt that has been able to real him in and use him right. Tennessee now has both Nate Washington & Kendall Wright that Locker likes to throw to more. He is also a Free Agent after 2013, and likely wouldnt be back with them. Once you get outside the Top 100 prospects you are in an absolute crapshoot for impact players. So sending a pick in the 110 range for a guy who has the tools and history to be a dominant Wideout is well worth the investment. Also this situation give us an out if he turns back into a head case. Now having a top 4 WRs of Britt-Amendola-Quick-Givens we have alot of different types of weapons for Sam.

Kiko Alonso - Linebacker Oregon

Alot of Oregon fans have really been hyping him up since the Rose Bowl last year. And as a closet Duck fan I have been keeping a keen eye on him for the Rams. He is a very athletic and versitile LB. Many think he could play any of the 3 spots in a 43 base, and are spinning that as a plus. i see it as he just doesnt have a spot in every defense except as a jack-of-all trades backup. But in this system where we want more athletic OLBs I think he fits in really well. He could be a real nice option as a Sam backer on the other side of JL. I think he is still around in the 5th due to his checkered past, not something that just goes away.

Prentiss Waggner - Defensive Back Tennessee

Waggner is a guy I really like due to his versatility and what he has shown in the SEC environment. But that has also made it hard to pinpoint where his stock is. Ive got him around here for now, but this is more of a "positional pick". Fisher loves grabbing a bunch of DBs throughout the draft. Getting a DB who can play both CB and Safety would be a good pick down here late in the draft.

Chad Bumphis - Wideout Mississippi St

Heres another position that Fisher likes to grab all though the draft. And assuming we let Steve Smith & Brandon Gibson walk we will need to replenish the bottom of the WR Corps. I really like Bumphis' shiftiness and all around game. Also the return abilities he brings would be a nice option to have.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*slow clap into full applause*

Love it.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, Brit has such a dynamic player he'd really bring our offense to life. Crazy off season but would be just as good as 2012 and I think our defense would be top 10 in the league.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the draft and the positions filled. Do you think this front office will go that much into free agency? We'd likely have to sign Britt to a deal as well to trade for him.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Lunatic, this is rare for me but I hate it.

I'd rather we look HB in the draft than grab Greene. He's just not a good HB. No real upside.

Keller is a solid enough TE but again, I'd rather take a move TE in the draft with more upside but I wouldn't be opposed to this pick.

As for our picks, I like the Warmack pick. But I don't understand the Richardson pick. I'm really not sure about the Amerson pick. I don't like Kenny Britt and don't want that headache here especially with this draft which is deep on WR talent.

I'm also not huge on Kiko Alonso and would rather not draft another player with substance abuse problems if it can be avoided unless he has superstar potential.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple questions:
-Atlanta has said Willy Mo is their 1st priority this off-season. You really see them allowing him to walk?
-Tennessee would trade Britt for a 4th? I don't see what's in it for them.

-The draft itself - nice although I think Kiko is more of a fit as a 3-4 rush guy and Brennan Williams injury concerns me. Bumphis would be a nice fit so that we don't see Pead out there returning kicks. Love the top of the draft as well.

Speaking of returning kicks, "special teams ace" Brit Miller lost that title after the Miami game Laughing . So yeah, bring on Jones.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE ALONSO

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Honestly, Lunatic, this is rare for me but I hate it.
lIll be honest with you, I dont like it that much either. But I think this is the more realistic way we could go. If I went with the guys who I really like it would probably be Allen, Reid/Jefferson, & Warford.

Quote:
I'd rather we look HB in the draft than grab Greene. He's just not a good HB. No real upside.
I dont think that the probable option this year. We just got 2 guys out of the draft, I would bet on a more veteran guy coming in. Greene isnt that good, and is pretty boring, but he is a guy who has done it before, and would be more of a fallback if Richardson/Pead cant carry the load

Quote:
Keller is a solid enough TE but again, I'd rather take a move TE in the draft with more upside but I wouldn't be opposed to this pick.
I still think we end up with 2 new TEs to go along with Kendricks. Keller is pretty much a big WR, and I think he would compliment Kendricks really well. I know draft picks are more fun because of "Potential" but this is a safer/known commodity, and one that Schotty has had success with.

Quote:
As for our picks, I like the Warmack pick. But I don't understand the Richardson pick. I'm really not sure about the Amerson pick. I don't like Kenny Britt and don't want that headache here especially with this draft which is deep on WR talent.
You have to see that we have a full rotation going at DT. Always having 2 dominant guys out there would be huge for the constant pressure we could put on a QB. We are just going to disagree on Amerson. We have 2 young talented WRs, and if we dont get one of the top few, nothing we can grab is going to be a better option on potential than Britt is. A proven guy who still has upside but has shown it before...you arent getting anything like that for a 4th rounder.

Quote:
I'm also not huge on Kiko Alonso and would rather not draft another player with substance abuse problems if it can be avoided unless he has superstar potential.
Thats fine, but this regime is going to take chance on talented guys with problems later in the draft. He has shown to do it before, and there is no reason to think it will stop now.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't like it.
the warmack pick is great. but give us lane johnson over williams.
and i would prefer a guy like markus wheaton over britt.
i would take both linebackers from iowa state over kiko.

and i don't like amerson at all.
give me vaccao.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Warmack and Richardson picks, both make sense for this team. They are two of the best, if not the best prospects at their positions...

Not crazy about Amerson, I think there are better options. I can't fault the pick though...

Getting Britt would be a nice surprise...

TommyC376 on the sig...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Quote:
You have to see that we have a full rotation going at DT. Always having 2 dominant guys out there would be huge for the constant pressure we could put on a QB. We are just going to disagree on Amerson. We have 2 young talented WRs, and if we dont get one of the top few, nothing we can grab is going to be a better option on potential than Britt is. A proven guy who still has upside but has shown it before...you arent getting anything like that for a 4th rounder.

While I can understand the points being made here, with the deal we gave Langford, why go DT in Round 1 again?

On Amerson, his ball-skills are great but I'm not sold on his tackling ability at safety.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Last edited by jrry32 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job with the picks and descriptions you listed, very well done mock draft. Overall like the mock except for Dustin Keller and Kenny Britt.

Keller can't block, and I think we be spending too much at TE for him to be a Ram.

Kenny Britt could possibly be a terrible influence on our young players. His disregard for the law may not be the best thing for players like Jenkins and Givens. His work ethic may not be good for the development of all our young receivers. Need more receivers like Amendola that set a great example and not Britt in my opinion.
asgardian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Warmack pick, which is fairly obvious because I state so as much as possible.

Sheldon Richardson is an animal and i'm sure he will be successful in the NFL but I don't know, I'm not feeling the pick too much. That said, I wouldn't be angry if we took him. I just feel as if there are more pressing needs and would rather address a DT in free agency. I actually will be watching the Missouri-Syracuse game tonight because I cheer for SU (my dad played football there and I was born there) so Richardson ought to have a field day unfortunately, but go SU! Even though I know many of you are Mizzou fans here.

I don't hate or love the Brennan Williams pick, he definitely has upside though.

Amerson isn't somebody I'm too fond of. Honestly, I don't like him as the second rounder at all.

The rest of the draft I'm alright with. I don't know much about Prentiss Waggner though, probably due to me cheering against Tyler Bray so hard every time I watch Tennessee that I never notice them on defense. Bumphis can ball, not sure how well he will translate to the NFL but it's a late-round pick so screw it.

I love the Greg Jones signing, he's a beast. I hate Shonne Greene but understand the signing due to Schottenheimer and the Keller addition would be a solid signing. I love William Moore so I love that signing also.

Kenny Brit would be a game-changer if we were to somehow get him, especially for that.

Overall, I'm fairly content with the mock. I don't love it but I respect that this is definitely a realistic possibility.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very dissapointed if a 2nd round pick and a promising 7th rounder couldnt be the answer at RB together. (even though I dont think Pead is good, he should be a decent back up.)

I dont like spending a first on a DT, either.

Also dont like Kenny Britt. Hes nothing but trouble, and I dont think its worth it to have him around our guys. Even if he played well here for a year, would you really want to give this dude a good contract?

I think I liked your last mock better.

I think our priorities this year should be resigning Danny and Dunbar. If givens continues to progress I wouldnt even count WR as a huge need. We could then focus on shoring up the line and defense in the draft.

I would love to get Keller, though. He would be a nice reliable target. Greg Jones would be nice too. Two solid moves that just improves our team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
I would be very dissapointed if a 2nd round pick and a promising 7th rounder couldnt be the answer at RB together. (even though I dont think Pead is good, he should be a decent back up.)

I dont like spending a first on a DT, either.

Also dont like Kenny Britt. Hes nothing but trouble, and I dont think its worth it to have him around our guys. Even if he played well here for a year, would you really want to give this dude a good contract?

I think I liked your last mock better.

I think our priorities this year should be resigning Danny and Dunbar. If givens continues to progress I wouldnt even count WR as a huge need. We could then focus on shoring up the line and defense in the draft.

I would love to get Keller, though. He would be a nice reliable target. Greg Jones would be nice too. Two solid moves that just improves our team.

We have got to get a WR or TE with some height and or jumping ability. Have you ever seen our red zone offense?

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: