Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame, a Brown?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless one of the top 2 teams pass on QB leaving one for the browns to use as trade bait I don't see trading down being a viable option. Or if we trade down if we will not get nearly as much in return as much as would like....

At this point it Looks like the draft pick for the browns is Te'o, J. jones, or a DE.

Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wukusimw wrote:
Eh someone could want to jump up for T. Wilson or a OT if one comes out. Any other position though can be waited on with no real elite players.

If some team trades up for Tyler Wilson my ribs will explode from laughing so hard
Entropy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
wukusimw wrote:
Eh someone could want to jump up for T. Wilson or a OT if one comes out. Any other position though can be waited on with no real elite players.

If some team trades up for Tyler Wilson my ribs will explode from laughing so hard

Hey candy, I think this is an interesting question:

Is there a better WR prospect in next year's draft than Josh Gordon?

I especially think it's a good question because I still keep seeing people post that we have no 2nd round pick despite the fact that our 2nd round pick already has 4 TDs. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a draft as week as this draft for a team on the edge like we are I think you have to take the player with the highest floor. That may very well be Te'o or Joeckel. Obviously Joe Thomas is a stud so Te'o it would be. I think Sam Montgomery has a high floor as well though.

Jamison on the sig
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Unless one of the top 2 teams pass on QB leaving one for the browns to use as trade bait I don't see trading down being a viable option. Or if we trade down if we will not get nearly as much in return as much as would like....

At this point it Looks like the draft pick for the browns is Te'o, J. jones, or a DE.

ding ding ding....we have a winner. I have a hard time thinking it will be something other than this.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

ding ding ding....we have a winner. I have a hard time thinking it will be something other than this.

I wouldn't rule out Xavier Rhodes, but I'd give him much longer odds. Really all depends where we end up picking, though.

Demontre Moore and Dion Jordan are my two main targets. Never been a fan of taking a LB early, but don't take that as a slight on Te'o or Jones.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

J.Jones degenerative neurological condition drops him out of the running for me. As that is a HUGE red flag IMO.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

J.Jones degenerative neurological condition drops him out of the running for me. As that is a HUGE red flag IMO.

I don't disagree. With what I know he isn't at the top of my personal list either.... But Georgia's docs said he was good to go. If the NFL and Browns docs say he is good to go as well then he will be on the short list.

Back to Te'o, I watched a good chunk of the ND game. Wake obviously does not have the NFL talent, but Te'o looked very solid again. Next week will be telling to see him against USC and then of course the bowl game....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
wukusimw wrote:

Hey candy, I think this is an interesting question:

Is there a better WR prospect in next year's draft than Josh Gordon?

I especially think it's a good question because I still keep seeing people post that we have no 2nd round pick despite the fact that our 2nd round pick already has 4 TDs. Very Happy

Nope, absolutely love this kid compared to other WRs.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:

I don't disagree. With what I know he isn't at the top of my personal list either.... But Georgia's docs said he was good to go. If the NFL and Browns docs say he is good to go as well then he will be on the short list.

Back to Te'o, I watched a good chunk of the ND game. Wake obviously does not have the NFL talent, but Te'o looked very solid again. Next week will be telling to see him against USC and then of course the bowl game....

From what I have read on Haslam it doesn't sound like his kind of investment. I mean Moore and Te'o are at or around the same level and don't have those kinda issues. So why would take that kinda risk on an investment like a top 5 pick if you don't have to.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very early in the process, however, I don't see me changing my mind. My mancrush is definitely Te o.

I have a hard time seeing him failing in the NFL. I think at worst he will a very solid LB for many, many, years if he remains injury free.

At best, I believe you have the makings of a Ray Lewis that will be the anchor of our defense. He will help with the run-defense that has been rather poor over the last few years.

He will benefit from the big boys in the middle (Rubin, Taylor, Wynn, and Hughes) His coverage skills have improved from last year.

The only argument is taking a LB that high. I believe that the pick will be warranted no matter where we are picking. Many didn't like taking a RB that high, but I believe that is going to pay off as well.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: