Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kluwe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Punting stats are goofy. Since Frazier punts inside the other teams territory a lot, how do we judge distance? I am not saying he is great, but a ton of stuff goes into gross and net yards outside of the punters control.

Kluwe shanked at least three punts in a row at mid-field against Tampa Bay.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, he had a bad game. And what does that have to do with the substance of my post? Since people are quoting year to date stats, I thought I would post about the usefulness of those stats.
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Yup, he had a bad game. And what does that have to do with the substance of my post? Since people are quoting year to date stats, I thought I would post about the usefulness of those stats.

I was just saying: you don't need to look at the stats to imagine why Frazier might be displeased with his punter.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluwe has had several games that were simply poor. When MN does drive the ball to midfield, he isnt pinning team inside the ten like he used too. He is shanking them, he isnt getting good distance this year. Kluwe needs a wakeup call, he is not playing well. You dont even need to look at stats to see that.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
I was just saying: you don't need to look at the stats to imagine why Frazier might be displeased with his punter.

Frazier: "We worked out some different guys. We worked out some linemen, some punters. We worked out a defensive back over the weekend. We worked out different positions. It's something we'll do throughout the season. We'll probably bring in some guys next week as well. Rick and the personnel department do a great job of just helping us to have a Rolodex of players that could be available if we have an injury or something else occurs. It's something that will be ongoing for us through the year, bringing in guys."

"Chris is a pro, he'll figure this out. Between Mike Priefer and our staff, he'll come through it. He's been in this league for awhile now. He knows how to look at himself and look at tape and figure things out. Mike always does a great job with him so he'll get through this."

Kluwe: "That's the way the NFL is run. It's nothing personal. If they feel I'm not performing my job, they will find someone who can. I'm just going too fast and not letting myself get situated with my drop. So that leads to an inconsistent drop and just not hitting the ball well. Just try to slow myself down and not rush myself and just hit the ball the way I know I can hit it. It's just correcting some minor things and then going out and hitting the ball consistently well, which I've been able to do for quite a while now. I just have to start doing it again."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/176690561.html?refer=y&vi_adid=W

Kluwe has a knee injury, but not severe enough to keep him from having full participation in today's practice. But when a punter is on the injury report, that also helps explain why the team worked out free agent punters on Tuesday.

But the bottom line is Kluwe will be fine on Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/176655901.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
man, the loonies that think players should have no outside life are all over this on the strib ...what a sad place we live in sometimes.

Kluwe: ďIíd be worried about someone who spent 24 hours a day thinking about solely one subject. Itís not a sign of great mental health. When Iím here at the facility, football is the only thing Iím focusing on. Thatís what Iím here for. When Iím away from the football facility, I have a life. I do other things."

http://min.scout.com/2/1235355.html

Webmaster wrote:
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Channing Tatum! Laughing

Quote:
This year, Minnesota Vikings punter and passionate same-sex marriage defender Chris Kluwe scored the No. 1 spot on our list of the sexiest men of the year.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/14/salons_sexiest_man_of_2012_the_interview/

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluwe: "Itís a little weird because Iím a nerd video game player. Itís a little odd. Iím sure my wife is thrilled, though. Itís funny because sheís the one who really wanted me to pose shirtless for the magazine. That was her one request: to do it topless so that she would have the pictures. But I think if Tom Brady can pose with a baby goat I should be able to pose with my shirt off."

Webmaster wrote:
Kellerman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Forget Channing Tatum! Laughing

Quote:
This year, Minnesota Vikings punter and passionate same-sex marriage defender Chris Kluwe scored the No. 1 spot on our list of the sexiest men of the year.

Wait, what?

Now Chris isn't ugly, but a hunk? C'mon now.

Then again, maybe he's just not my type...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

total butterface.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
milanb wrote:
I believe that Kluwe, Kevin Williams and Antoine Winfield are the only players left over from the Mike Tice era.

And Cullen Loeffler.

Punters have long fought for the right to be considered people.

Long Snappers haven't mobilized yet, meaning they don't receive similar courtesy.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple-Pride07 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
milanb wrote:
I believe that Kluwe, Kevin Williams and Antoine Winfield are the only players left over from the Mike Tice era.

And Cullen Loeffler.

Long Snappers haven't mobilized yet, meaning they don't receive similar courtesy.

The previous LS now has his own radio show in the Twin Cities area...he doesn't need to mobilize with anyone to be considered as such. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great article written by Chris Kluwe on the absurdity of Ray Guy's absence from the Hall of Fame.

http://deadspin.com/5960968/an-nfl-punter-to-the-hall-of-fame-selection-committee-ray-guy-was-great-at-his-job-youre-not

Quote:
This is a player who brought the concept of hangtime to the NFL, a stat that today's special teams coaches absolutely cannot do without. This is a player who pinned opposing offenses back inside their 20-yard line instead of simply booting a touchback, winning the battle of field position before anyone realized there was even a fight. This is a player who revolutionized his corner of the sport just as much as the coaches and owners in the Hall of Fame changed theirs. And you're saying, in effect, that he's "just a kicker"?

***Chris uses some colorful language.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great article. I hope the voters take notice.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Purple-Pride07 wrote:
disaacs wrote:
milanb wrote:

And Cullen Loeffler.

The previous LS now has his own radio show in the Twin Cities area...he doesn't need to mobilize with anyone to be considered as such. Laughing

Ha. You mean Mike Morris, I assume? That's unbelievable. Laughing

Hey, even Dustin Fox has his own radio show. And I value him less than a long snapper.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: