Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Something’s fishy fellas…
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
1. I dont think Saban would leave, also was Saban the head coach of the dolphins from 05-06 with a record of 15-17.

2. Zimmer makes since If he is willing to come over

3. JMJ ?

4. Bradley would be alright

5. Horton alright as well

Whats not to like with Kelly? just saying if i had to take a gamble and have rebuild the defense, who else could take over post-Payton era? If he leaves that is?

The problem to me with Kelly is simply just a bad fit... Bring in someone to rebuild the defense, leave the offensive staff intact.

Yeah. He runs a gimmick offense. He's probably destroy our offense while not improving our defense.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid? I think he's gone from the Eagles. Say what you want, but he can coach. He hasn't had a QB since McNabb and the Vick experiment totally backfired. He runs a similar offense as Payton and think he'd be a great fit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Andy Reid? I think he's gone from the Eagles. Say what you want, but he can coach. He hasn't had a QB since McNabb and the Vick experiment totally backfired. He runs a similar offense as Payton and think he'd be a great fit.

True, but I'm not so sure he isn't just like Shanahan. He really hasn't done that much in a while. Granted, sometimes people just need a change of scenery.

Either way, I want Sean Payton back 100%. He's the best man for the job, he's proven that undoubtedly.

Another option would be Gruden. He seems to like the Saints and the guy can coach/probably wants to get back into coaching soon.

As for Chip Kelly. I just don't even feel like I should have to explain this, but his offense relies completely on speed and gimmick plays. Those types of plays will not work in the NFL. He has the advantage of playing against defenses that can't compete with Oregon's speed most of the time in the PAC-12 as well. Also, and this is completely subjective so I could be wrong, but having heard him speak/gotten a small taste of his character/personality, I don't think he could lead an NFL team. He is meant for the college level, where players are still developing and impressionable, not grown men.

FSP
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly would adjust his scheme for the NFL, he didn't run anything close to what he runs now when he was in NH. Numerous people also say he runs the best practices in the country, at any level. I'd much rather keep Payton but Chip Kelly has all the tools to be a great HC.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chucky would be cool, at least he could bring some fire, Kelly I just though of all the college coaches that may make a step up in the NFL, he may be the best. After all, not alot of sure bets outside of Payton. I think we all can agree on that.

what about GM though if payton leaves? will he go too?
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any coach their right mind would tamper much with Brees and this offense, I just wanna see them, assuming Payton is gone, fix this horrible defense. Even if our offense suffers slightly, Brees and co can still score with best of them, the most dramatic improvements can be made on defense.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see anyone else coaching this team. I'll be so pissed if Payton leaves. With that said, I don't see him going anywhere.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider fan here...
Coach Payton and Brees have made your team a joy to watch...
I could see him going to Dallas for a few reasons...
Money of course but also to start over in a new place after the bounty stuff.
Jones would probably let the coach have as much influence since Jimmy Johnson. He'd become the first HC to win a SB with two different teams...Which leads to his replacement...

Andy Ried has not won a SB yet and is still a great coach. Philly and he need to part ways, but they won't get a better replacement.
Cower and Gruden seem happy in their roles. Payton is better but he won't leave the Saints for Philly. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: