Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

News and Notes Updated 11/16
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: News and Notes Updated 11/16 Reply with quote

This is usually Matts area, but he's out chasing midgets, so I'm going to fill in. Few of the interesting reads I came across thus far.

Jason Garrett Slowly Progressing

Quote:
That said, Garrett is finally starting to make his players accountable, an indication he's making progress as a head coach.

Take last Sunday, for instance.

When defensive end Jason Hatcher was penalized for being offsides twice in a four-play span during the game's first drive, the Cowboys benched him.

The benching lasted only three plays, but progress is progress no matter how small. The time on the sideline let Hatcher know his performance was unacceptable and gave him a few minutes to correct it.

Cowboys Chance to Change

Quote:
But the other way this can go should make the Cowboys' eyes light up. The other scenario is one in which the Cowboys actually take advantage of the fact that five of their final seven games are at home and six are against teams with losing records. They put it together on offense, keep it together on defense and beat up on teams such as the Browns, Bengals, Redskins and Eagles. In this scenario, the Cowboys make life very difficult on the suddenly struggling first-place Giants and maybe -- just maybe -- play well enough to steal the NFC East title the way the Giants did from them a year ago

Quote:
Jason Garrett isn't worried about his job as Cowboys head coach, and he doesn't have to be.

Assorted news from BTB

Quote:
Elias Sports Bureau, the authority on sports stats, agreed, and has officially given Ware and Spencer a half sack each, keeping DWare's streak of games with at least partial credit for a sack alive at seven.

Quote:
With the recent promotion of Ben Bass to the 53 man roster because of Kenyon Coleman's season ending injury, as detailed by OCC, there is also an opportunity for another rookie on the defensive line, Tyrone Crawford. He has seen action in every game this season, which is kind of unusual for a rookie not named Claiborne this year, but he is not satisfied with just showing up.

Bryant Focus Solely on Football

Quote:
Bryant said his legal situation is behind him after the receiver and his attorney, Royce West, reached an agreement to get his domestic violence charge conditionally dismissed Wednesday.

Im extremely excited we came to an agreement, Bryant said. Im just going to do what I need to do to continue to be a great teammate, a great person and a great player, as well.

The charges will be dropped if Bryant completes anger management counseling and stays out of trouble for a year.

UPDATES

Saints Waiting on Extension, Cowboys Still in Play

Quote:
If the Cowboys make a run to the playoffs, it's likely they will keep Jason Garrett at the helm, provided they don't totally flame out in the first round. Keeping Garrett would, quite obviously, end any Payton speculation.

Triplette writes that the Cowboys very-much-in-flux postseason hopes are what will likely keep Payton and the Saints from inking a deal in the very near future. Also a factor are Payton's kids, who live in Dallas.

"There is no indication that Payton is unhappy in New Orleans or looking to leave the Saints," Triplette writes. "But the fact that Payton's children live in Dallas would be a major factor if he winds up having a choice to make between the two teams -- in addition to his high esteem for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and the aura of the Cowboys' franchise, among other factors."

BTB's Exclusive Interview with the Very Selfish and Overrated DeMarcus Ware

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club

Last edited by WizardHawk on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The benching lasted only three plays, but progress is progress no matter how small. The time on the sideline let Hatcher know his performance was unacceptable and gave him a few minutes to correct it.

Like it says, it may seem small but in the grand scheme of things this is progress from where we were a few years back.

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only has Matts NOT said anything funny in ~ 1 year... Now hes slacking at the only thing he was good for. Next man up. Good job, WH.

Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: News and Notes Reply with quote

Quote:
Bryant said his legal situation is behind him after the receiver and his attorney, Royce West, reached an agreement to get his domestic violence charge conditionally dismissed Wednesday.

Im extremely excited we came to an agreement, Bryant said. Im just going to do what I need to do to continue to be a great teammate, a great person and a great player, as well.

The charges will be dropped if Bryant completes anger management counseling and stays out of trouble for a year.

Anybody else worried about this?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: News and Notes Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Quote:

Not really. I guess it depends on what you define as trouble. I don't consider sagging your pants in a mall "trouble". He seems too dedicated right now to go blow it. He has something to prove, and he knows it. But that is just my opinion. My optimistic opinion Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: News and Notes Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
Quote:

Not really. I guess it depends on what you define as trouble. I don't consider sagging your pants in a mall "trouble". He seems too dedicated right now to go blow it. He has something to prove, and he knows it. But that is just my opinion. My optimistic opinion Laughing

It depends on if the police have to be called like the last time he was acting like an arse in the mall. If the police are called and Dez shoots off his mouth it could be looked at as trouble. The judge will have to make that determination on the matter.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/16/clock-keeps-ticking-on-sean-payton-saints/

Still think it will tough to say no to Payton if he wants to come back to Dallas. SB winner, and proven successful head coach with ties back to the Cowboys. Should be interesting to see how things turn out.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the thread! The news thread never gets any post... so I often think no one is reading it...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/16/clock-keeps-ticking-on-sean-payton-saints/

Still think it will tough to say no to Payton if he wants to come back to Dallas. SB winner, and proven successful head coach with ties back to the Cowboys. Should be interesting to see how things turn out.

Agreed...
I am not really sure what the hold up is with the Saints and Payton but the longer it goes the more speculation gets thrown into the mix.

Nobody knows what Payton is thinking but it is my understanding that the news about his contract being void was released from his camp either to put pressure on the Saints to sign him or to let other teams know he may be available.

I do think there are only 2 teams in this race, the Saints and the Cowboys. I don't think there is any chance he coaches anywhere but one of those 2 places and its probably 90% or 95% chance that its New Orleans but maybe just maybe he is waiting to see if the Cowboys finish up 7-9 or worse and fire Garrett before he signs the deal with the Saints.

If the Cowboys make a late season push for the Playoffs and there is no chance Garrett gets fired surely Payton will resign with the Saints but if not.. ?
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Good job on the thread! The news thread never gets any post... so I often think no one is reading it...

I read it. Although I usually have read a lot of what is in it already sometimes i see things that I hadnt run across.
atran35

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mackenzie is going to play CENTER. Dockery will start at RG. Paging MONTRAE HOLLAND.
Ace5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Mackenzie is going to play CENTER. Dockery will start at RG. Paging MONTRAE HOLLAND.

Paging Sailor Jerry.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
atran35 wrote:

Paging Sailor Jerry.

Outback drink, aye?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Johnson placed on IR...

But could play if we get to the PO.

dallascowboys.com/s/30667/newsDetails?itemPos=1&itemUri=-807327654%2F2147157985145151511792498

also, Danny Coale is out for the season with an ACL injury. The hope now is that he will be back for June mini camp..

espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dallascowboys&id=4701527
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he Cowboys will replace Coleman with Marcus Spears on run plays and Tyrone Crawford in passing situations.
http://espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dallascowboys&id=4701512

looking forward to see a bit more from Crawford. He hasnt really had any impact so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: