Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams 2013 Mock Draft New!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rams4eva92

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Rams 2013 Mock Draft New! Reply with quote

Hey guys what is up? Here is my Rams mock draft. I don't really know much prospects past the fourth round yet. I am going to skip the fifth and sixth round because I don't know enough of the players yet. I will have a seventh round pick though Very Happy. Go Rams!

Round One- Manti te'o LB Notre Dame

This pick might seem a surprise to most, but it makes perfect sense. Manti te'o will play SLB the Sam backer. Te'o excels at tackling and he will be perfect next to James in the middle. We will finally have our linebackers in order with Jo Lonn Dunbarr playing will and James playing mike and Te'o playing sam. Our linebacker corps will be the best in the league for sure.

Round one- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

Our line needs one final piece to be complete. This piece is Taylor Lewan. I believe Saffold is fine at LT and Lewan can play RT that he is better at anyways. Lewan is better at the right side which will be great.

Round two- T.J. Mcdonald FS USC

Our team is desperate for new safeties with Dahl and Mikell playing horribly. I see Mcdonald being the second best safety in the draft class behind Eric Reid. He has everything you want in a safety with good height, speed, ball skills, and hitting ability. He will immediately be a starter.

Round three- Da'rick Rogers WR Tenessee Tech

Fisher took a risk last year on Jenkins and it has paid off. Rogers is a first round talent that will unfortuantely fall to the third round. He has great height and size at 6 foot 3 inches and 206 pounds. He has been called a clone of Julio Jones and he has great size, speed and explosiveness. Rogers will be a steal.

Round four-Le'veon Bell RB Michigan State

Le'veon Bell is the back that we need. He is a big back at six feet and two inches weighing in at 244 pounds. He is compared to Steven Jackson. Jackson will prolly not be back next year and Bell will compliment the change of pace backs we have with Richardson and pead.

Round seven- Ray Ray Armstrong SS Faulkneur College

Fisher likes to taking risks and here is another high risk. Ray Ray is a solid SS that would be a great contribution to our team. He has character problems but he could be a stud.

Lineup

Offense
QB- Sam Bradford
RB-Le'veon Bell, Daryl Richardson, Isaih pead
FB- Brit Miller
WR- Brian Quick, Darick Rogers, Danny Amendola, Chris Givens, Brandon Gibson, Austin Pettis
TE- Lance Kendricks
LT- Rodger Saffold
LG- Harvey Dahl
C- Scott Wells
RG- Robert Turner
RT- Taylor Lewan

Defense
DE- Chris Long, Robert Quinn
DT- Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford
SLB- Manti Te'o
MLB- James Laurniatits
WLB- Jo Lonn Dunbar
CB- Cortland Finnegan, Janoris Jenkins, Bradley Fletcher, Trumain Johnson
FS- T.J. Mcdonald
SS- Ray Ray Armstrong

Special Teams
K- Greg Zurlein
P- Johnny Hekker

I like it a lot the roster Razz Razz

What are your guys opinions? Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhhh, I'm not a TJ McDonald fan and taking a Sam LB with a top 12 pick doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If you're going to spend that high of a pick on Te'o, imo, you have to be planning to play him at Mike and shift James to Will.

Because the Sam in our system plays like 30ish% of the snaps at most.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan, I like Teo but never have and never will be a fan of a linebacker in the first round. I dont mind going defense but if so its gotta be DL. Not a fan of Bell nor the fact that WR isnt addressed til the 3rd. Idk i could go further into detail but yeah dont really like it.

On the positive side... I like Lewan...

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Bryce Petty
4. Jameis Winston

Last edited by DEE RAWL on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jjab360

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Ehhhh, I'm not a TJ McDonald fan and taking a Sam LB with a top 12 pick doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If you're going to spend that high of a pick on Te'o, imo, you have to be planning to play him at Mike and shift James to Will.

Was just about to post this. Everybody makes such a big deal about not hearing from our third linebacker, but that's mostly because they barely ever see the field. Therefore, I don't really see the point in making a huge investment in somebody who's either a)barely going to see the field, b) going to make us change our scheme and sit one of our talented CBs, or c) going to push JLD to the bench who I'm becoming a big fan of.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Was just about to post this. Everybody makes such a big deal about not hearing from our third linebacker, but that's mostly because they barely ever see the field. Therefore, I don't really see the point in making a huge investment in somebody who's either a)barely going to see the field, b) going to make us change our scheme and sit one of our talented CBs, or c) going to push JLD to the bench who I'm becoming a big fan of.

Jo-Lonn Dunbar has definitely played well at OLB, something the Rams haven't had in forever, but Teo could be a playmaker for us like Lance Briggs is for the Bears at OLB. There are more pressing needs the Rams have but if he is the best player on the board at the time of the Rams pick I hope they wouldn't hesitate to take him.
Ray

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McDonald in the 2nd Rd makes sense, but unless we pick up a guard in free agency Johnathon Cooper wouldn't look bad in a rams uniform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: