Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should I return it??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I return the sound bar?
Yes
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
No
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Total Votes : 86

J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
lol the best part is people trying to soothe their conscience by saying it's completely fair game

like J Pep said, if you want to keep it, keep it, but don't act like you deserve it or some crap like that

lol. I love the people getting all high and mighty in here, its a dog eat dog world. Live with it.

"Its a dog eat dog world" could just as easily be used as a reason to roll old ladies for their bingo money.

Theirs quite a big difference between this issue and robbing old ladies. I've made my feelings known numerous times, call Best Buy but if they ain't coming to pick it up they ain't getting it back.

It's a dog eat dog world. Those old ladies will have to live with it.

Laughing I don't expect anything less from the posters of FF. "Hey lets take this comment and twist it into him beating up and robbing old ladies" Laughing Laughing

It's not the action of beating up old ladies that he was comparing. It's the fact that you can use the same argument to defend both actions.

Thank you.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
lol the best part is people trying to soothe their conscience by saying it's completely fair game

like J Pep said, if you want to keep it, keep it, but don't act like you deserve it or some crap like that

lol. I love the people getting all high and mighty in here, its a dog eat dog world. Live with it.

"Its a dog eat dog world" could just as easily be used as a reason to roll old ladies for their bingo money.

Theirs quite a big difference between this issue and robbing old ladies. I've made my feelings known numerous times, call Best Buy but if they ain't coming to pick it up they ain't getting it back.

Laughing I don't expect anything less from the posters of FF. "Hey lets take this comment and twist it into him beating up and robbing old ladies" Laughing Laughing

Talk about twisting. Confused

I didnt say the actions were comparable. I said you can use the same excuse. The "it's a dog eat dog world" excuse can be used to justify just about anything. You are using it to justify stealing. Others have use it to justify worse.

I was just aggravated by the people acting high and mighty, I don't think you can justify stealing with that phrase, but my response was more to Jrry being a smart allack than your comment.

I aint mad atcha. Wink

CK on the sig
HighHopes

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
Why is there 16 pages on this? Laughing

Because a lot of the people who'd keep it are still trying to justify their actions, rather than just settle with the fact they'd keep it.

Funny that the people who would return it don't feel the need to justify their actions. Wink

Ehh not really. I remember people saying things like "Karma" and "The guy might lose his job". Both sides have "justified" their position...

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

Because a lot of the people who'd keep it are still trying to justify their actions, rather than just settle with the fact they'd keep it.

Funny that the people who would return it don't feel the need to justify their actions. Wink

Ehh not really. I remember people saying things like "Karma" and "The guy might lose his job". Both sides have "justified" their position...

I suppose defend is a better word. One side is giving their decision and defending it, the other is giving their decision and explaining it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

I suppose defend is a better word. One side is giving their decision and defending it, the other is giving their decision and explaining it.

What, exactly, is the difference? The only people I've seen justify it are the people who have been attacked by the high and mighties in this thread.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:

Discussions surrounding morality and right vs wrong are always interesting and involved.

CK on the sig
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

What, exactly, is the difference? The only people I've seen justify it are the people who have been attacked by the high and mighties in this thread.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defend

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/explain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without delving too much into personal experience, I can say that I've been faced with a situation similar to this, and simply kept my mouth shut, due to the circumstances that led me to that situation. I felt that it was life giving me a small break for what I had went through, and I kept it. Have not had a single bit of guilt as a result.

If the guy willingly gave you the product, then as far as I'm concerned, it's yours. Whether you choose to inform Best Buy about it and let things run their course that way, or simply enjoy the product for your own use, is entirely up to you. Again, each situation has it's own unique circumstances. As Jpep (I think) mentioned, spending money given to you from the bank is probably not a good idea, but other situations is up to the discretion of the individual. Some people feel it is 'morally' wrong, or feel guilt.

Cliffnotes: Do what you think is right.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys saying return it are INSANE!, Haha, it literally would hurt everyone involved. This isnt some Mom and Pop shop that would let the kid keep his job if its returned. The kid could get fired and the OP just wouldnt get a sound bar.

Also, I bet there was a promotion for a free soundbar with the TV anyway Wink

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious, how many of those sound bars being sold do people think it took to cover best buys losses for that one sound bar?

I know a number from my time working at Menards (hardware) in retail about what the profit margin is, and with Best Buy I'm sure it is similar as they are a business that is failing fast.

MonserinNC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I'm just curious, how many of those sound bars being sold do people think it took to cover best buys losses for that one sound bar?

I know a number from my time working at Menards (hardware) in retail about what the profit margin is, and with Best Buy I'm sure it is similar as they are a business that is failing fast.

Lets put it to how many HDMI cords it took them to sell to make up the loss(I actually worked at a Best Buy Wink )

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd personally return it because it would bug me knowing I didn't pay for it, but...

I've gotta laugh at all the people saying "the poor kid might loose his job."

Something like a sound bar going missing probably wouldn't even be discovered until the store did it's annual inventory in which case it will likely be wrote off as stolen. That kid is in more risk of losing his job if someone does return something like this than the person not. How exactly does everyone on this board think they are exactly going to track this back to the employee? Answer is they aren't, they probably have a quarter of a million dollar budget for write offs and you think they are going to search for where this one bar went that only costs $200? Maybe if the guy who actually rang up the T.V. saw this and told on the employee they might find out but there isn't some magic system where managers would be able to see something wasn't rang up and walked out by employee X.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

High and mighties?

Is that what you call people with morals?

Most of us arent even bashing people who say they will keep it....we are just laughing at those trying to act like there is nothing wrong with it.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Harper41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

High and mighties?

Is that what you call people with morals?

Most of us arent even bashing people who say they will keep it....we are just laughing at those trying to act like there is nothing wrong with it.

Well... I'm clearly not talking about you then am I? I'm talking about the people calling people "low lives" for saying they'd keep it and then patting themselves on the back for it, aka high and mighties.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:

Talk about twisting. Confused

I didnt say the actions were comparable. I said you can use the same excuse. The "it's a dog eat dog world" excuse can be used to justify just about anything. You are using it to justify stealing. Others have use it to justify worse.

I was just aggravated by the people acting high and mighty, I don't think you can justify stealing with that phrase, but my response was more to Jrry being a smart allack than your comment.

Oh lighten up, Harper. You're taking all this too seriously. Laughing

Plus you gave me great reasoning for my rash of attacks on the elderly.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 17 of 32

Jump to: