Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft Thread - 1st page Updated with current roster.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Cowboys sign Anthony Spencer to a long term deal

1.15 - Johnathan Jenkins (NT) Georgia

Cowboys trade 45 and 107 to Buffalo for 36

2.36 - Jonathan Cooper (G/C) North Carolina
3.79 - Landry Jones (QB) Oklahoma
5.142 - Leon McFadden (CB) San Diego State
6.173 - Joe Vellano (5T) Maryland
7.204 - Quinton Patton (WR) Louisiana Tech

Count me in with this. I'd be pretty pumped if that was our draft.

Pretty realistic with draft positioning?

And I figure we'll have to jump the Eagles to get Cooper as they're desperate for interior OL help as well

Seems pretty realistic to me. And as little a fan as I am of Landry Jones, getting him in the 3rd would be a good deal to me. He does have all the physical tools you want in a QB, so hopefully he'd be able to grow in the mental/analytical aspect of the position sitting behind Romo for a year.

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't done a mock in a while, but I have to go all out once again, so here we go!

By the way, this is my "Pessimistic, we will probably lose every game in December" offseason. But if I were the GM...

Schedule
@NYG - W
@SEA - L
TB - W
CHI - L
@BAL - L
@CAR - W
NYG - L
@ATL - L
@PHI - W
CLE - W
WAS - W
PHI - L
@CIN - L
PIT - L
NO - L
@WAS - L

Final Record: 6-10

Quote:
Obviously, 6-10 is not where we want to be. Let's be real here, this is not a team that is one player away from being a playoff contender. We have a lot of holes to fill. Remember, this is a team that has not been above .500 since 2009. I believe that you win in the trenches, and that is what our offseason will try to accomplish. Priority number one is keeping Tony Romo on his feet. Priority number two is to keep opposing quarterbacks on the ground. We are looking to build through the draft, and supplement through free agency. We have one splash in mind, but everything else will be about role players.

Free Agency

Re-Signed

LS L.P. Ladouceur
S Danny McCray
TE John Phillips
P Brian Moorman
OG Derrick Dockery

Released/Not Re-signed

OLB Anthony Spencer
QB Rudy Carpenter
RB Felix Jones
C Phil Costa
S Eric Frampton
P Chris Jones
WR Kevin Ogletree
C Ryan Cook
OG Mackenzy Bernadeau
LB Orie Lemon
OLB Victor Butler
DE Kenyon Coleman
DE Marcus Spears
CB Mike Jenkins

Free Agency

S Jairus Byrd signed to a five year deal worth $36M

Quote:
I told everyone that we would be making one splash, and here it is. I give the past front office credit for signing Brandon Carr and drafting Morris Claiborne. The secondary is heading in the right direction, but there was still one missing piece to the puzzle. We love Barry Church here, but we are worried that he will not be up to form because of his achilles. He will get a fair chance to start, but we needed to add a playmaker in the secondary. It is unacceptable when we can barely force any turnovers.

CB Pat Lee signed to a two year deal worth $1.5M

Quote:
Losing Mike to free agency obviously hurts, and it makes us fairly thin at corner. We aren't bringing in Lee asking him to set the world on fire, but we believe that he can suffice as a dime corner. Additionally, he is an above average player on special teams, and we really need to improve there. We kept our ace in Danny McCray, but Lee will just help shore things up. He will compete for the fourth cornerback spot.

WR/KR Josh Cribbs signed to a three year deal worth $7M

Quote:
Cribbs is well known as one of the best return men in the NFL. Anytime he touches the ball, he is a threat to go for six. I firmly believe that special teams changes the game. Field position is extremely underrated in today's day and age of football. One of our goals was to bring in an electric return man not named Dez Bryant. Now, Dez can focus solely on his duties as a wide receiver.

The Draft

The Dallas Cowboys will pick 9th overall.

The Dallas Cowboys have traded the 9th overall pick (1350 points) to the Buffalo Bills for the 15th and 47th overall picks (1480 points).

Quote:
We are very confident that one of the two players we are targeting will be there at 15. It is too soon to take one of those guys top 10, and Buffalo came calling asking to move up for Tyler Wilson. We considered declining the trade and drafting Wilson ourselves, but we felt it was better to acquire more draft picks and go by our big board.

With the 15th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OG Chance Warmack, Alabama.

Quote:
Warmack was sixth overall on our board, and we had him graded right around where we had David DeCastro last year. Warmack is a great fit for our blocking scheme, as he is a very underrated athlete. Despite his size, he can move very well and get to the second level, where he delivers punishing blocks. On top of that, Coach Callahan was threatening to smack me upside the head if I passed on a talent like Warmack. We are looking to slot him in either at LG or RG to start off the season.

With the 41st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select NT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame.

Quote:
We are very fortunate that Nix declared early, making the nose tackle class awfully deep. John Jenkins went a couple picks before us, but we are very happy to "settle" for Nix. He is very disruptive, and will split time immediately at NT with Josh Brent. We can finally kick Ratliff to the outside, where he will draw more one-on-one match ups and be more effective. We feel that Nix has one of the highest ceilings in the draft, and are ecstatic to have landed him.

With the 47th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select C Barrett Jones, Alabama.

Quote:
Last year, Peter Konz was slated to go near the end of the first round. He ended up going 55th overall to the Atlanta Falcons. The truth behind interior linemen is that they are severely undervalued on draft day. We were a little surprised that Jones is available, and we almost took him over Louis Nix. We are excited to keep the duo of Jones and Warmack together. It will help the overall line gel together much more quickly.

With the 73rd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford.

Quote:
Losing Spencer to free agency hurt, but we couldn't afford to give him top five money like he was demanding. Thomas gives us that pass rushing threat that we lacked when Spencer was in the lineup. He is a smart player with a high floor. Some people are questioning how high his ceiling is, but we don't really care to be honest with you. He does everything well, and will be a threat opposite Ware. We expect Thomas to compete for a starting job with Kyle Wilber.

With the 105th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select WR Aaron Dobson, Marshall.

Quote:
A lot of people want to penalize Dobson for not playing in one of the top football conferences. That is fair, but we see a great receiver in Dobson. He has a big 6'2, 209 pound frame. He has big, strong hands and has the "my ball" mentality that we want in receivers. We have a lot of smaller guys like Danny Coale, Cole Beasley, and Dwayne Harris, so we wanted to get a bigger, possession receiver.

With the 137th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select CB Micah Hyde, Iowa.

[img]http://media.columbiatribune.com/img/croppedphotos/2010/12/29/we_B01_hyde_1229_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c38cd7501865a0e2373[/img]

Quote:
Hyde is a big, tough corner who will compete for our 5th cornerback spot. He could very well end up being a quality slot cornerback like Scandrick currently is for us. We like what we have seen out of Hyde at Iowa, and think he would be a decent fit here in Dallas as well. Hyde will also likely see special teams time as well.

With the 169th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select OT Mark Jackson, Glenville State.

Quote:
Jackson will have the opportunity to compete for a swing tackle spot. We want to carry 10 offensive linemen this year, so he will compete with other training camp fodder for a job. We think that Jackson has a high ceiling, and he is a massive man to boot (6'5, 332 pounds). We are hoping that he can develop into a quality backup.

With the 201st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select QB Jordan Rogers, Vanderbilt.

Code:
Jordan Rodgers may not be on the same level as his brother, Aaron, but he is a great quarterback in his own right. It is about time that we give a younger guy a shot to take over in a few years for Romo. He has a very similar play style to Romo, which we like a lot. He is the perfect project player for us to groom going forward.

Draft Recap:

15. Chance Warmack OG Alabama
41. Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame
47. Barrett Jones C Alabama
73. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford
105. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
137. Micah Hyde CB Iowa
169. Mark Jackson OT Glenville State
201. Jordan Rogers QB Vanderbilt

Idea of a Depth Chart:

QB: Tony Romo | Kyle Orton | Jordan Rogers
RB: Demarco Murray | Phillip Tanner | Lance Dunbar
FB: Lawrence Vickers
WR: Dez Bryant | Dwayne Harris | Cole Beasley
WR: Miles Austin | Aaron Dobson | Andre Holmes
TE: Jason Witten | John Phillips | James Hanna
LT: Tyron Smith | Jeremy Parnell
LG: Chance Warmack | Derrick Dockery
C: Barrett Jones | Kevin Kowalski
RG: Nate Livings | David Arkin
RT: Doug Free | Mark Jackson

DE: Jay Ratliff | Tyrone Crawford
NT: Josh Brent | Louis Nix III
DE: Jason Hatcher | Sean Lissemore
OLB: Demarcus Ware | Alex Albright
ILB: Sean Lee | Ernie Sims
ILB: Bruce Carter | Dan Connor
OLB: Chase Thomas | Kyle Wilber
CB: Brandon Carr | Orlando Scandrick | Micah Hyde
S: Jairus Byrd | Barry Church
S: Gerald Sensabaugh | Danny McCray
CB: Morris Claiborne | Pat Lee

K: Dan Bailey
P: Brian Moorman
LS: L.P. Ladouceur
KR: Josh Cribbs

And there we go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only make me want Jerry gone MORE! Crying or Very sad
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:

Lets get a petition to have me as the GM! What do you say? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:

I like the way you think! It'll probably only get signed by a few million people though. Wink
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShineOnStar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:

I like the way you think! It'll probably only get signed by a few million people though. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
ShineOnStar wrote:

Patrick is the best campaign Advertiser ever. You have my signature x10000!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all. Love the Oline. The secondary got better, but the defense got worse over all. The OLB in a 3-4 scheme is way too important.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Not bad at all. Love the Oline. The secondary got better, but the defense got worse over all. The OLB in a 3-4 scheme is way too important.

I agree, that for the first year, the defense would probably be worse. But I am a huge Thomas fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

I agree, that for the first year, the defense would probably be worse. But I am a huge Thomas fan

ill have to check him out then..
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

ill have to check him out then..

I would recommend it.

I liked him a lot last year, and was a little disappointed he didn't declare. I thought he would have been an early 2nd rounder had he declared this year, but with guys like Dion Jordan and Damontre Moore making big rises, I can see him slipping

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

Love the draft but I would think Warmack would be the RG and not the LG in this offense.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mock, we miss the playoffs at 9-7, our 2 losses coming from the Iggles and Steelers. (I think we'll somehow make the playoffs, but im being a realist)

Notable Resigned:
Anthony Spencer, 5 years, $32.5 million
We lose Jenkins and Jones

Notable Free Agent Signings:

OG Andy Levitre, 4 years, $17 million
Our big signing. Really not much to pick from this year in FA. The troubled Bills are forced to take their money elsewhere, and we are lucky enough to pick Levitre up off the rebound.

CB Quentin Jammer, 2 years
Jammer is pretty old, but he can play as our 4th corner for a while.

THE DRAFT

We pick 19th overall.

Round 1
TRADE

San Francisco gets:
Dallas R1: 19th (875)

Dallas gets:
San Fran R1: 26th (700)
San Fran R3: 89th (145)
Late 2013 Pick

Round 1 (26): Barret Jones, OC
After signing Levitre to play RG, we go and draft Jones to play center. Jerruh figures we're deep enough in the first round to justify an O-Line pick. We now have a much improved O-Line, which IMO is our biggest need.

Round 2: Matt Elam, S
This is really a stumping position for me. I decided to go safety because it could be improved on our team. Elam is a very good prospect and can step in or at the very least make some excellent competition/rotation.

Round 3: Kwame Geathers, NT
This mammoth of a person (355 lbs) is the true NT a 3-4 defense needs. He'll rotate in and out with Hatcher/Lissemore. He'll create lots of competition for who plays the majority of the snaps.

Round 3 (49ers): Rex Burkhead, RB
A high character, smart player that can help fill the hole Felix left. Very good in short yardage situations.

Round 4: Zac Dysert, QB
We get a project to eventually replace Romo. He already has plenty of talent and experience to work with.

Round 5: Nigel Malone, CB
Can compete for the 5th corner spot

Round 6: Tanner Hawkinson, OT
We find good value with our last pick. Hawkinson has the extremely ideal size for an OT (IMO). He can at least fight for a spot and push some people into the right places.

Starters: (multiple means all are often used alone or together)
QB: Romo
RB: Murray/Burkhead
FB: Vickerson
WR: Austin/Bryant/(Ogeltree)
TE: Witten/Phillips
LT: Smith
LG: Livings
C: Jones
RG: Levitre
RT: Free

LDE: Jay Ratliff
NT: Geathers/Brent
RDE: Lissemore
ROLB: Demarcus Ware
ILB: Lee/Carter
LOLB: Spencer
S: Sesnabaugh
S: Elam
CB: Carr/Claiborne/Scandrick/Jammer

Our squad is much improved. Ratliff goes to what seems like his natural fit at DE. Burnadeau gets bumped back in place of Levitre, and Costa goes to be replaced by Jones. Much improved line. Our secondary gets better still by adding Elam. We get a true nose tackle that will keep QBs and RBs up at night.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad Shine, not bad. I think Levitre will get a contract similar to the deal that Ben Grubbs signed with the Saints (5 years, $36M). Also, I think Burkhead will go much later than round 3. But I am a big fan of Burkhead, and think that the Plano connection is pretty cool. He was a legend in high school

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Not bad Shine, not bad. I think Levitre will get a contract similar to the deal that Ben Grubbs signed with the Saints (5 years, $36M). Also, I think Burkhead will go much later than round 3. But I am a big fan of Burkhead, and think that the Plano connection is pretty cool. He was a legend in high school

Dang Levitre's worth THAT much? Didn't know he was that good. Perhaps all the more reason to sign him. We need a few good new starters or one really good new starter on that mess of a line. I like Burkhead a lot too! There were probably better back projected nearer I could have put. but I tend to look at mocks more from a position picked standpoint so don't be surprised if I over or underrate some players. Thanks for the ffedback!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 16 of 58

Jump to: