Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Bye Week
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Week 11: Bye Week Reply with quote

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topics of this thread:

• What do you like about the team so far? Dislike?

• What do we need to improve? What are we set with?

• Other games being played during Week 11

• Anything else that goes on with the team during the bye week...

imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish i would have caught last night game. Would have been a great scouting preview for two upcoming road opponents

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
wish i would have caught last night game. Would have been a great scouting preview for two upcoming road opponents

I watched a bit of the game.

The interior line of the Bills is as good as advertised. They do a great job at opening up the inside run game. The rookie RT struggled against Cameron Wake though (I'm seeing a possible good game from Bruce Irvin in that regard).

Ryan Fitzpatrick is very beatable. His receiving core is pretty average and Sherm + Fitz should bottle them up.

The Dolphins Run D looks very soft as well. Sean Smith played well IMO, so I'm keen to see how Sidney goes against him. CJ Spiller looked dangerous, but the Fins Run D was also very average. I could see him doing some damage when we play though.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIce thread SoS, this week was looking pretty boring with no 'Hawks game...until you came up with a thread about the bye week. Laughing

So for the bye week I'll answer your questions and then wait for the usual lack of responses lol

1) So far, I like the development of Russell Wilson. He has shown consistent improvement and looks like our QB of the future. I like how the running game is looking. Marshawn has stayed in beast mode all year and now that Wilson has started improving, his job can only get easier. I also like the development of Bobby Wagner. He has stepped in and shown promise to be a long term solution at MLB.

I dislike the inconsistency that certain areas of our team has played with. The O-line, LB's, and Offensive and Defensive playcalling have all been inconsistent. Our secondary has been good overall with Sherman developing into a top CB in the league, but at times our secondary/LB's have been torched in the pass game and it has cost us a couple of wins.

2) I think this team still needs help on the O-line in certain spots, like RT. Getting Carp and Moffitt healthy in a long term way will help that a lot. Obviously Unger and Okung look good and, barring injury, will be here for a long time. We definitely need a true #1 WR. Rice and Tate have shown the ability to make plays, but I don't see either of them being a true #1 at this point and Baldwin hasn't stayed healthy long enough to build upon his impressive rookie year. Lynch and Turbin are money in the backfield, but I would think Leon Washington is gone at the end of the year. On D, I think Red Bryant has been a hindrance on the defense as a whole. He gets nothing in the pass rush and hasn't made many (if any) big-time defensive plays. His lack of pass rush puts too much pressure on Clem and Irvin to create all the pressure themselves. Irvin needs to develop the rest of his game so he can see the field more. Mebane isn't going anywhere. Our Secondary is set for years to come, unless contract demands and ego's get in the way.

3) Dolphins lost, they are really struggling heading into our game on the 25th. I think that helps us a lot. As long as the team doesn't get over confident and goes out and executes like we all know they are capable of, they have a good shot at getting a nice road win. 49ers catch a break not having to face Jay Cutler. I would have favored them anyway, but now I think their D can just tee off on Matt Forte and not worry about Jason Campbell beating them. Even if the 49ers don't have Alex Smith, they have the advantage over a Cutler-less Bear's offense. The only other games I care about are games that effect the Seahawks playoff chances. Since it's too early to tell who will be in it on the last weekend, I guess I will just root for teams to start getting eliminated, starting with Detroit because they have a tie-breaker over us.

4) I haven't heard any other rumors or innuendo about the team during the bye week, so I can't really comment on that other than to say I hope there are no DUI's or other arrests on the wire this week. Not including former Seahawks azzhat Jerramy Stevens hot mess of a marriage to Hope Solo.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Topics of this thread:

• What do you like about the team so far? Dislike?

• What do we need to improve? What are we set with?

*I like how Marshawn is running (He will quit once he gets paid my arse). I also like how much Russell Wilson is improving. The kid is busting his balls to succeed it on the field. Other things that I like include Sherm continuing his play from last season and the contributions from our first 4 draft picks.

I dislike how our Run D has regressed, O-Line worries (I'll admit that it's partly due to injuries) and our team performance on the road.

*We need to play more disciplined in general. We also need to get rid of unnecessary penalties and get a more consistent pass rush. But first, our players need to learn how to tackle. That is the difference between us and the 9ers.

We are set with the Legion Of Boom and our run-game. Everything else can be added to, but it's not an emergency.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-If our defense doesn't work on playing better under pressure and in the clutch, a playoff appearance would be worthless for this team

-Russell has been as clutch as a rookie can be.

-lynch is #2 in rushing in the entire league, nuff said

-Our receiving corp is not only looking like a receiving corp, it's getting into the endzone.

-Really need this oline to be healthy and gel down the road. This bye week came at the perfect time. Carp should return healthy against the dolphins and the extra week will give the oline time to get used to each other again. This will be the healthiest the oline has been all year.

-The bye week will also allow edwards and baldwin to return healthy for our WRs and KJ wright and clinton mcdonald on defense, which will be huge to finish the season

-Where is the run defense? You get two weeks this time Gus and Co. get it done

-Does this team have what it take to finish the season like they deserve the playoffs? Can we can continue the offensive production while actually forcing some turnovers consistently on defense?

Some of my thoughts

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two of these gifs aren't even from this season SoS Laughing

I think this one is from preseason years ago

wwhickok wrote:

Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/16/russell-wilson-voted-week-10-rookie-of-the-week/

Wilson won rookie of the week pretty surprised considering how much pub Luck gets.

Plush

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/16/russell-wilson-voted-week-10-rookie-of-the-week/

Wilson won rookie of the week pretty surprised considering how much pub Luck gets.

Gee, I can't wait til he gets as good as Ryan tannehill Rolling Eyes
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think that we can make some turnovers in our final games, as we have a home game stretch to finish the season.
Boom!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson is the best rookie QB this year when facing Top 10 Defenses

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/11/rookie-qb-compare-wilsons-faced.html

Legion of Boom!
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
Russell Wilson is the best rookie QB this year when facing Top 10 Defenses

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/11/rookie-qb-compare-wilsons-faced.html

Thats a nice article, little things like that never seem to make it to the national media (or else they just ignore it) , which is why I don't put much faith in what they say anymore.

Judging by that stat, Tannehill is going to struggle against our D. I just checked the teams stats at NFL.com and even though our run D has dropped to 12th, our pass D has climbed to 4th in ypg. Overall we have the 4th best D in the league in ypg between Houston (3) and SF (5th) the difference is less than half a yard in either direction. I should now clarify an earlier statement I made about our pass D being inconsistent. I meant our 3rd down pass D, not our pass D as a whole. 3rd down has been abysmal. Pass D has been good, though the last 2 games vs Ponder and Sanchez have boosted our ranking immensely.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
So for the bye week I'll answer your questions and then wait for the usual lack of responses lol

Well god dammit man if your posts weren't so long and thoughtful maybe you'd get some more responses Laughing We live in a world that demands chunks of information and you're over here like some kind of elite poet! Your words strung together beautifully, it's difficult to quote you and match that. Lotta pressure.

imani wrote:

I didn't come here to by judged, my god!
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

Well god dammit man if your posts weren't so long and thoughtful maybe you'd get some more responses Laughing We live in a world that demands chunks of information and you're over here like some kind of elite poet! Your words strung together beautifully, it's difficult to quote you and match that. Lotta pressure.

imani wrote:

I didn't come here to by judged, my god!

I'll stop judging you on ur gifs if you stop judging my elite poetry Laughing But definitely keep posting pics of cheerleaders in ur GDT stories. That kind of poetry never goes out of style Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: