Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11: Flying Captain America Heads v. Lucky Horseshoes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Colts take a musket shot to the face, or will the Pats get trampled under hoof?
Patriots win
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Colts win
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
friendship wins
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting TY Hilton in fantasy this week. Just have a feeling he's gonna have a huge day

Deadpulse on the sig
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Starting TY Hilton in fantasy this week. Just have a feeling he's gonna have a huge day

And Reggie Wayne and Donnie Avery etc etc
Dalton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sig bet that Luck WILL throw for 350+ yards. However, no one probably cares because seldom do I post, Sad.
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
I'd sig bet that Luck WILL throw for 350+ yards. However, no one probably cares because seldom do I post, Sad.

I'll do a slap bet with you since it's so close to slapsgiving that Luck throws for less than 350 yards.

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
Kind of silly to think Luck is automatically going to throw 350+ yards. He'll more likely than not have a good game, but I don't think he's going to go off and put up crazy numbers.

Why not? Sanchez did.

I think the issue is that the Colts offense runs through Luck. Their running game isn't particularly good and the Pats run D is better than their pass D. On top of that, the Pats figure to put up a fair number of points against the Colts poor defense. So the Colts will be forced to put the ball in the air and we all know the Pats pass D is an absolute disaster.

It's not "automatic" but it would take some surprising things to happen for Luck to be held under 350. The Colts would need to find success running the ball, or not be in a situation where they are playing from behind or trying to match the Pats score-for-score.

In other words, for Luck to stay under 350, the Colts need to be doing better than expected. Either holding a lead against the Pats (due to takeaways or the Pats coming out flat) or running the ball well and chewing up the clock (thus limiting Luck's attempts).

We know the Pats pass D is extremely unlikely to be able to stop any QB unless that QB shoots himself in the proverbial foot. Luck is unlikely to commit that many mental errors so he should find tremendous success against New England
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that Luck can run pretty well, too. Another reason why he could give the Pats' defense fits.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Nihc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that Luck throws between 280 and 310 yards.

I give pause at the notion that our defense is so bad that it is more surprising to hold a rookie QB (no matter how good) under 350 yards than it would be to allow him to throw for more than 350.

I also see the Pats relying on the running game quite a bit this week.

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihc wrote:
My guess is that Luck throws between 280 and 310 yards.

I give pause at the notion that our defense is so bad that it is more surprising to hold a rookie QB (no matter how good) under 350 yards than it would be to allow him to throw for more than 350.

I also see the Pats relying on the running game quite a bit this week.

Again, the pass D is so bad that Mark Sanchez completed 68% of his throws for 328 yards. I think Luck, despite being a rookie, is much better than Sanchez.

I also think Luck is much better than Russel Wilson (also a rookie) who threw for 293.

Also, Luck has already gone over 350 twice this year (362 vs GB, 433 vs Miami). Both of those teams have better pass defenses than New England.
pats83

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Luck to have over 320 yards. I think he might have a turnover forced though, but it would be a fumble. Something like 320 with a 65% completion rate, 2 TDs and 1 fumble is my guess. Overall I think he'll do very well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I forgot Talib played this weekend. No way Luck throws over 300. Wayne will be shutdown for 0 catches.
addaismydaddy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
Oh man, I forgot Talib played this weekend. No way Luck throws over 300. Wayne will be shutdown for 0 catches.

LOL at this guy
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing what Dan Orlovsky and the "f this season, we're going home" Colts did to our defense, anyone who really thinks we're shutting down Luck is kidding themselves.

I also started TY Hilton in fantasy. I expect Reggie Wayne will have a quiet day, but the constant two-man attention we give him will open up the rest of the field for Donnie Avery (remember this guy...?), Hilton, and Dwayne Allen (who's pretty good). This is gonna be a shootout.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Nihc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hernandez again. I said when the injury was announced that he shouldn't be back until week 10 Let it heal completely and then play at the end of the year. He came back in three weeks now it's lingering, hopefully it'll heal soon.

Dalton

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

addaismydaddy wrote:
Dalton wrote:

LOL at this guy

Hey, a guy can dream.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:

The Giants threw for 510 yards against the Bucs with Talib playing. Much of that yardage came against Talib himself.

Given his newness to the scheme and the fairly mediocre season he's been having, I'm not expecting big things. He might be an improvement (it would hard to be worse) but I doubt he will be an impact addition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 4 of 37

Jump to: