Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hartmann sues county agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco79

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Hartmann sues county agency Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8635828/brett-hartmann-formerly-houston-texans-files-suit-stadium-turf

Quote:
Hartmann's attorneys filed the lawsuit Thursday in Harris County District Court. It doesn't name the Texans, but includes past comments critical of the stadium's surface by nose tackle Shaun Cody, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick and former Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked in personal injury. There's a pretty good chance that the Texans will end up having to change their field maintenance/construction. This won't go to trial -- it will settle out of court. While it's doubtful that there was actual negligence in the piecing together of the field, Hartmann's attorney is going to argue that the structure of the field in and of itself is negligent. An investigator and an engineer will do things like contact Wes Welker, measure the gaps between the pieces in the field and calculate how much "average wear and tear" throughout a game could increase the spaces of the seams; they'll collect a few affidavits and settle for a few hundred thousand dollars out of court.

The problem is that the field maintenance company, if any settlement comes out of this, is going to feel pressure from their insurance company for having to pay out. I don't know how much is on a policy like this and how many incidents are covered, but unless this is outright dismissed... Reliant's field may get put together differently as soon as next season.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love a marginal college punter like Hartmann who jacks himself up on roids in a lockout to make an NFL team, gets hurt, gets caught using roids TWICE then loses his job pointing the finger at the turf as the source of his problem. Maybe Brad Maynard should sue him for stealing his job by cheating. Maybe the Texans should sue him for wasted salary the final 6 weeks, send a bill for what is cost to sign Matt Turk to finish the season, the "injury settlement" required to cut him this offseason, not to mention damaging our brand by tainting us further with PED linkages. I guess Hartmann realizes that his 12 games of "fame" are over, as I doubt many NFL teams will want to hire a guy 1 dirty test away from a season long suspension not to mention a football player who essentially sues the fan base since we are the one's who pay the taxes he wants a piece of via lawsuit.

BTW - Please don't buy the "ADD medication" spin. That may have worked for him the first time around, but you don't get a second PED suspension in a matter of months without blatantly violating the policy (presumably if you got busted taking adderall without league approval you would then get that approval). Remember, the NFL can't comment on the substance they test positive for due to the CBA (and HIPAA), but "Hitman" Hartmann's uncontrollable on-field demeanor, out of nowhere leap in ability, and WWE physique made him amongst the most obvious users in a league where some people still think it is merely diet and genetics that allowed Clay Matthews to pack on 80lbs of muscle between his Junior year of High School and the NFL Draft. Unfortunately HGH doesn't make you kick farther, you need the old fashioned baseball "hit farther, throw harder" stuff for that.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbelievable Mad I really liked him when he was here too. Hate that guy.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to start a new thread, so I picked this one.

Glancing over the areas high school playoffs and reliant is scheduled for like 5 game this weekend. I know we don't play at home til Dec. 16 but why!

I know the Dynamo made the championship game, but i thought that's what their stadium was meant for, to play high school games!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
11 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 2 ff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: