Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Might as well start Stanzi
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to see Stanzi obviously. There's a good chance he's not even close to ready, but I know Cassel ain't it, and I'm almost sure Quinn isn't. Chances are we still don't win more then 2-3 with Stanzi, unless he really is the next Brady, so we could still have a really good pick for a QBOTF.

Whoever our next HC or FO is can make their own decision, and make an informed one then with some real NFL footage on him. I don't think there's much chance of ruining him ala David Carr, as our team is too good for that to happen. If he loses confidence with this supporting cast, then he wouldn't ever be the QBOTF anyway.

If he wins 5-6 games to put us out of the reach of a top guy, that probably means he's worth giving a chance next year. If he doesn't worst case scenario, we know exactly what we've got, and can move on. Best case scenario, we end up with a QBOTF, and maybe even two, in the same way the Bolts took Rivers with Brees in house, who came on the next year.

In reality, I've probably got about as good of a chance of starting at this point. He might see some action in the last 3-4 games if that.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stick to my assertion that with no viable option to start the season, we'd of been better off going with Stanzi and he would be our best QB by atleast week 6-8, if not sooner.

I went on and on about how it wasn't that far fetched...he's clearly the most accurate, seems to be able to go through progressions when given time better than Cassel if not Quinn, he's got the best mechanics. Funniest thing of all, the game plans would most likely have been more conservative throwing the ball (like they should be for Cassel, although not to the extreme of the Bal or TB game) and we never would have turned the ball over so much.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
kensdodge04

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Stanzi to play and here is why. We all know Cassel blows but Stanzi I believe might be a backup at best. We have a shot at an elite QB prospect this year. No 2nd or 3rd rd QB's like Stanzi, Croyle. I mean a 1st rd talent like Barkley and Wilson. And with the way we are playing now we have a legit shot at 1st overall pick. I see 4 scenarios.
1st- Cassel plays like normal we get 1st pick draft a real QB prospect
2nd- Cassel somehow wins some games we miss out on top QBs in draft stuck with another 2nd or 3rd rd QB and stuck being bad!!!
3rd- Stanzi comes in bombs we get 1st pick draft a real QB prospect
4th- Stanzi comes in plays well team thinks we have something miss out on our future because Stanzi is the next Fitzpatrick Cassel BACKUP QB starting!!!

Lets just let Cassel finish his Chiefs Career and start the future with a top QB prospect!!!

Props to patdt13 for the sig!!!!

Atlanta Falcons GM in Fracdaddy14's GM Mock Draft

Formerly Buffalo Bills GM in Bpastermack's GM Mock Draft
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Might as well start Stanzi Reply with quote

Forget what you've seen of him in the preseason trying to impress playing with scrubs and a constant pass rush. He doesn't have everything you want, but there is some really good football in this kid unlike the other two. If nothing else i'm positive he's the best passer on this team (I don't know that it's close). If he is behind the other QB's in other categories he can learn as he goes and he seems like someone who will get better with playing time, not worse.

That being said if there is no change in offensive philosophy and the play calling continues to be mindless, it could be even more rough on him than it is on the other two. He's gonna want to make some plays which is what we need from this position, but could easily get frustrated if we wait until we're getting blown out to let him really throw it.

He was my day one pick as starting QB this year based on being the best pure passer, a proven leader, the clutch factor, the most accurate, best mechanics, and the most likely to improve. Needless to say, nothing has changed my mind.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
footballfan81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kensdodge04 wrote:
I
4th- Stanzi comes in plays well team thinks we have something miss out on our future because Stanzi is the next Fitzpatrick Cassel BACKUP QB starting!!!

What I would do to prevent this would be to start Stanzi once we have mathematically locked up the 1st pick in the draft. That way, even if he wins, it wont hurt our draft spot.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
kensdodge04 wrote:
I

What I would do to prevent this would be to start Stanzi once we have mathematically locked up the 1st pick in the draft. That way, even if he wins, it wont hurt our draft spot.

That might not be until week 17 though.

Personally, I let him play the last 3-4 games regardless. If we win just one or two, we can still get a really good QB prospect. If he wins all of them, we could still get a good QB, but would we really want one if he won all 3-4?

^ryknowssd on the sig
EhJae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when KC drafted Stanzi, I was stoked! A good buddy of mine is a (Nebraska/)KC fan and I'm an (Iowa/)Detroit fan. I told him Stanzi just needs some time to get up to the speed of the NFL (maybe a season as a backup) and then he could see that Stanzi was something special.

I remember watching his rookie preseason games. He wasn't terrible, stared down his WRs a little, like any rookie but made some really good throws (like his first TD). I thought he looked promising for a young backup.

Then, he never had his shot. Cassel gets injured and KC rides the Palko train. I remember thinking that if Houston or Arizona (who was 1 pick away from his draft spot/was on the phone with him when KC drafted him) would have selected him, he would have had his NFL debut already. I thought that maybe it wasn't his time yet, being a rookie and all. So, I waited. He didn't get his rookie chance.

This year, new HC, OC, new opportunities...

I watched the preseason games this year... He never had a chance to show what he had. I remember him running for his life in the Ravens game, he was sacked (maybe took a shot to the face in the Rams game), WRs dropping balls. He wasn't anything close to perfect himself but he never had time to develop a rythem or chemistry. I never understood why Quinn or Stanzi never had a chance to play with the 1s to see who should be the 2nd stringer (maybe the last preseason game when you know Cassel was the starter?). Anyway...

So, I waited.

Cassel gets hurt and Quinn gets the call. He looked decent in the Cassel injury game (Ravens?) so, I didn't strongly disagree with the choice of Quinn starting. Then Quinn gets hurt, Cassel is back to being the starter. I understand you want to win games but don't you want to see what you have in the young QB with only one win on the season? I just don't get it. I swear, if he would have been drafted anywhere else he may have played a real NFL snap.

I don't know if he will ever get a shot in KC but I think he will show some promise. Iowa's big run a few years ago had a lot to do with Stanzi and it hasn't been the same since he left. He doesn't make the best decisions at times but improves with every growing pain.

I just wish that KC eventually gives him a shot. Maybe it will happen this year, maybe it won't but I don't think it would hurt.
#71 Riley Reiff
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs do everything wrong at the QB position ever since Montana with the exception of Green...Stanzi actually has a feel for the game, good mechanics, accuracy, and potential...so no, he won't be playing.

Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Cassel on the OT INT:

Quote:
I was throwing the curl and unfortunately a DL deflected it a little bit and it came off and went in a direction we didn't want it to go

Are you kidding me Matt? Take some freaking responsibility.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this kid play and he is all GUTS! He's a guy you can watch go through going pains from the 1st quarter to the 4th quarter when he was at Iowa, I have no doubt he is still very similar. Slow starter but great finisher.

I just don't believe this FO and staff are willing to go through growing pains with him. Maybe Cassel has made them gun shy.. I mean that dude literally has tarnished reputations beyond repair!

I think the only way Stanzi gets in by their CHOICE is if he is completely lights out ready beforehand. If that makes sense. They want the finished product without working for it. Had he got snaps last year like he should have he'd be so much better off right now. Instead he is frozen in place - unable to get experience and refine his game and unable to improve without the experiences.

Sigh.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
RedandGold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind seeing him at least get one start and go from there. Season is pretty much over for us as we are just about eliminated from any play off hope. The best thing we can do with the rest of the season is to give younger players a chance.
Worst case senario we have the number 1 overall pick and we know Stanzi isnt in our future plans.

Best case Stanzi lights it up and we can go in a different direction in our 2013 offseason. Wonder what woudl have happened to Brady if Bledsoe hadn't gotten knocked out?

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: