Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's with Rex refusing to bench Sanchez?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8569
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
^^^ Your a Long Island Boy, so i'll take it easy on you. You know why he has zero confidence because he was only been deemed a gate keeper told not to make mistakes and to hold onto the ball. I remember Herm a few years back referring to Brooks Bollinger's best play is holding onto the ball and punting on 4th down. R U Serious!!! Rex hasen't changed his D is not the 2000 Ravens.


Yeah that was year 1. Hes been given the ball and asked to win games. He still under throws wide open receivers standing in the endzone, he double clutches in the redzone and allows the DB to jump the route when had he of simply thrown the ball originally it would have been a TD (or lets be honest, it would have been over his head). Sanchez has been given every chance to show hes the guy. Hes not the guy and wont ever be for any team. He shows signs but they are WAY too few and far in between. The fact that fans are still defending him really is unbelievable. I could understand still giving him a chance last year even though he was atrocious down the stretch but this year that goes out the door. Hes regressing every game.

All these Sanchez apologist have no idea what they want. "Let the kid throw"! Then he throws a dozen picks. "Hes got no running game! Run the ball!" Come on this is why hes got no confidence! "Hes got no weapons" His so called "no weapons" are standing alone in the endzone as Mark under throws them and it gets picked up. Enough with the excuses. Please know that you are wrong. Marks inabilities go way beyond weapons, beyond handcuffs and a running game. Weve given him the starting job since day one, and we never benched him for even a series! If you dont have confidence in yourself after 4 years of trust from the coaching staff, then your never going to have it. Plan and simple.

Im done talking about this. I rest my case which is so obviously at this point its not even funny.


I dont have the time, but lets add up all the dropped passes he has had, take 1/2 of those and add them to his completion % see what his #'s would be.

Let me ask you this, what is the % chance Hill catches the ball?

I put the # at 50/50 at best.


I brought this up already a few weeks ago. EVERY QB has drops. This is a poor argument, and even if you could give the guy 3 more completions in every game due to drops, which is generous, hes at 61% which is average at best, and if we did that we'd have to do it for everyone. Despite what his actual numbers are, hes a well below average QB.

Yes our line has been spotty, but even when the guy has time he still is consistently inconsistant.

Yes he has no weapons, and Hill has absolutely sucked, but even when these guys are getting wide open and in a prime position to make a big play Mark is missing them.

Worst part is that is year 4 and he still cant read a defense or have any idea what to do with the ball when he sees the blitz coming, or even worse, he can't see it coming. Our entire offense is pitiful, but Mark Sanchez's weaknesses go way beyond his supporting cast. We need an overhaul on that side of the ball starting with the QB position.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Davey wrote:
Football is complex, you can't just look for one reason. It's never just the quarterback, or just the supporting cast.

Sanchez is surrounded by probably the worst supporting cast in the league right now. But that doesn't change the fact that he is playing poorly and is largely at fault for the Jets' struggles. Case in point, that interception against Seattle. That's a fourth year starter making that throw. Inexcusable.


Davey, I agree it's on everyone but lets not pile it on Mark, yeah that throw was bad you need to protect the 3 points there, but the false start before cost them 5 yards. It's a snowball effect. He has not been great bur he also has had zero help.

Westoff has seen his unit go from being a strength to a glaring weakness.


I agree, I guess this is what I was trying to say as well.

Special Teams has been horrible too.

You have no protection, pressure in your face immediately, everything is going wrong - I can understand forced throws and horrible accuracy. The dude is probably trying to make SOMETHING - anything - happen.

Not to mention the added pressure of the media, Tebow, fans. When your home crowd is chanting Tebow, or booing you.. That sucks. Now this is not something that should shake him, he knew that was coming playing in NY, however I can see how it can pile on with everything else that is happening.

There are times Mark has held on to the ball too long, and he doesn't have that "clock" yet. I will agree with that. But with our protection he'd be consistently throwing balls away. Laughing

With the blocked punts, ST fumbles and all other turnovers, in a game where we had to come back if Mark was using the mental clock and throwing balls away you guys would still hit the roof. It's a lose/lose for him.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8569
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
Davey wrote:
Football is complex, you can't just look for one reason. It's never just the quarterback, or just the supporting cast.

Sanchez is surrounded by probably the worst supporting cast in the league right now. But that doesn't change the fact that he is playing poorly and is largely at fault for the Jets' struggles. Case in point, that interception against Seattle. That's a fourth year starter making that throw. Inexcusable.


Davey, I agree it's on everyone but lets not pile it on Mark, yeah that throw was bad you need to protect the 3 points there, but the false start before cost them 5 yards. It's a snowball effect. He has not been great bur he also has had zero help.

Westoff has seen his unit go from being a strength to a glaring weakness.


I agree, I guess this is what I was trying to say as well.

Special Teams has been horrible too.

You have no protection, pressure in your face immediately, everything is going wrong - I can understand forced throws and horrible accuracy. The dude is probably trying to make SOMETHING - anything - happen.

Not to mention the added pressure of the media, Tebow, fans. When your home crowd is chanting Tebow, or booing you.. That sucks. Now this is not something that should shake him, he knew that was coming playing in NY, however I can see how it can pile on with everything else that is happening.

There are times Mark has held on to the ball too long, and he doesn't have that "clock" yet. I will agree with that. But with our protection he'd be consistently throwing balls away. Laughing

With the blocked punts, ST fumbles and all other turnovers, in a game where we had to come back if Mark was using the mental clock and throwing balls away you guys would still hit the roof. It's a lose/lose for him.


Your making our line seem though its playing significantly worse than it really is. It hasn't been nearly good enough but it also hasn't been nearly as bad as your saying. Hes had time to get rid of the ball. He holds onto it like his still at USC with 6 seconds to throw on every play. Thats the bigger problem. At the NFL level you have to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds after your drop back and even that is pushing it. This is the NFL. The game is extremely fast.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8569
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/mark-sanchez-the-real-problem/

/thread.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not /thread at all.

You fail to remember some plays where if you actually looked, we have two receivers within arm length distance away, and one of them is the hot read. So then there are 2-3+ defensive players in one spot. lol, Our play calling is terrible too.

There are so many things that affect how he plays, including himself (I agree he is no where near perfect) that is just freaking ridiculous to just pin everything on him.

Last year it was Shotty, this year it's Mark. Granted draw plays on 3rd and 16 wasn't the best playcalling either, but it hasn't improved AT ALL this year.

We not to stop pointing fingers and fix everything, it all needs a re-haul. Even the defense, there is nothing spicy on either side of the ball. Very bland.

Though we don't have the greatest WR core, I don't recall ever going 5 wide, even when we need to come back. Here you have bad protection but yet you call plays that'll allow the defense to stack the line. Spread them out, send Hill on a streak with his spead, have someone on a stick, a come back, slant, give Mark some options. We don't change anything for how the game is going.

Tebow, shotgun draw. When has it ever been something different?

Edit: Not to mention we have NO screen execution to even remotely take place of the horrid run game.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets


Last edited by BenchSanchez on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4296
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
Davey wrote:
Football is complex, you can't just look for one reason. It's never just the quarterback, or just the supporting cast.

Sanchez is surrounded by probably the worst supporting cast in the league right now. But that doesn't change the fact that he is playing poorly and is largely at fault for the Jets' struggles. Case in point, that interception against Seattle. That's a fourth year starter making that throw. Inexcusable.


Davey, I agree it's on everyone but lets not pile it on Mark, yeah that throw was bad you need to protect the 3 points there, but the false start before cost them 5 yards. It's a snowball effect. He has not been great bur he also has had zero help.

Westoff has seen his unit go from being a strength to a glaring weakness.


I agree, I guess this is what I was trying to say as well.

Special Teams has been horrible too.

You have no protection, pressure in your face immediately, everything is going wrong - I can understand forced throws and horrible accuracy. The dude is probably trying to make SOMETHING - anything - happen.

Not to mention the added pressure of the media, Tebow, fans. When your home crowd is chanting Tebow, or booing you.. That sucks. Now this is not something that should shake him, he knew that was coming playing in NY, however I can see how it can pile on with everything else that is happening.

There are times Mark has held on to the ball too long, and he doesn't have that "clock" yet. I will agree with that. But with our protection he'd be consistently throwing balls away. Laughing

With the blocked punts, ST fumbles and all other turnovers, in a game where we had to come back if Mark was using the mental clock and throwing balls away you guys would still hit the roof. It's a lose/lose for him.


Your making our line seem though its playing significantly worse than it really is. It hasn't been nearly good enough but it also hasn't been nearly as bad as your saying. Hes had time to get rid of the ball. He holds onto it like his still at USC with 6 seconds to throw on every play. Thats the bigger problem. At the NFL level you have to get rid of the ball in under 3 seconds after your drop back and even that is pushing it. This is the NFL. The game is extremely fast.


Mark Sanchez has a clean/perfect pocket for roughly 10 drop backs per game from all the games this season. It's not a super ton, but he never does anything with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8569
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
No, it's not /thread at all.

You fail to remember some plays where if you actually looked, we have two receivers within arm length distance away, and one of them is the hot read. So then there are 2-3+ defensive players in one spot. lol, Our play calling is terrible too.

There are so many things that affect how he plays, including himself (I agree he is no where near perfect) that is just freaking ridiculous to just pin everything on him.

Last year it was Shotty, this year it's Mark. Granted draw plays on 3rd and 16 wasn't the best playcalling either, but it hasn't improved AT ALL this year.

We not to stop pointing fingers and fix everything, it all needs a re-haul. Even the defense, there is nothing spicy on either side of the ball. Very bland.

Though we don't have the greatest WR core, I don't recall ever going 5 wide, even when we need to come back. Here you have bad protection but yet you call plays that'll allow the defense to stack the line. Spread them out, send Hill on a streak with his spead, have someone on a stick, a come back, slant, give Mark some options. We don't change anything for how the game is going.

Tebow, shotgun draw. When has it ever been something different?

Edit: Not to mention we have NO screen execution to even remotely take place of the horrid run game.


Im not trying to pin everything on him because its all not on him but its probably 75%. We can make every excuse in the book for him, but what everything happens perfect for him he still fails to recognize it in time or just makes a poor throw. The next QB we put in to start for this team for the long term we really need to build around. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Brian Billick as the HC next year. He'll fix the offense and still make having a great defense a priority.

ANd as for as the screen game...we dont have it because Mark SUCKS at it. He effs up those throws more than anyone I have ever seen. Big reason why his completion percentage sucks. He can't complete the high percentage throws.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5740
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, are we seriously still talking about play calling? We've changed offensive coordinators for Mark. We've given Mark the key to the freakin' city. We, MYSELF INCLUDED, have made excuses after excuses after excuses...

You want to know how I know that Mark is a terrible QB? Because even when Sanchez has time in the pocket he makes BONEHEAD decisions. Because even when Sanchez has the chance to just take the sack or to just throw the ball away he forces us into a turnover. Because even when he finds the open receiver he still throws it inaccurately, failing to give our players a chance for yards after the catch/making a routine catch a tough catch/making a routine catch a tip or a bobble. This is why Mark Sanchez sucks. We're not taking into account the rest of his supporting cast, because they suck equally as bad. But these are things Mark can control and he's still ****ing terrible. Watch the man play the damn game for christ sakes...

Let's just give it a rest and call a spade a spade. Mark Sanchez is a garbage QB and his supporting cast is ****ing terrible. That's all that needs to be known here. We're not making excuses for anyone else, so let's not make 'em for him. Just about every offensive starter deserves to be benched at this point and I mean that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19868
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two plays from this year really characterize Sanchez.

First, the throw in the New England game where he underthrew Hill by probably 10-15 yards, and the ball floated. Terrible decision, terrible throw. I couldn't articulate how furious I was at the throw when it happened.

Then, last week at Seattle. We're in the red zone, where Sanchez has been a turnover machine this year, and he throws the ball very late to the outside to a covered Dustin Keller. Even worse, the ball floated again.

Mark Sanchez is not a good QB, period, end of story. The Jets aren't going anywhere with him at QB anymore. It pains me deeply to know we could have a Superbowl if we had a competent QB for those two years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballProdiG


Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 8041
Location: The Film Room
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Two plays from this year really characterize Sanchez.

First, the throw in the New England game where he underthrew Hill by probably 10-15 yards, and the ball floated. Terrible decision, terrible throw. I couldn't articulate how furious I was at the throw when it happened.

Then, last week at Seattle. We're in the red zone, where Sanchez has been a turnover machine this year, and he throws the ball very late to the outside to a covered Dustin Keller. Even worse, the ball floated again.

Mark Sanchez is not a good QB, period, end of story. The Jets aren't going anywhere with him at QB anymore. It pains me deeply to know we could have a Superbowl if we had a competent QB for those two years.


Doesn't it keep you up at night Jetsman? Doesn't it hurt your very soul..somewhere Mark Sanchez is looking down on us with gleaming troll eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is the replacement?
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19868
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
So who is the replacement?

Quartback depth chart

Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Greg McElroy

A depth chart is what coaches use in situations where a starter may not be performing at a level that allows him to keep his role as a starter. In which case, you consult the depth chart you've created, and see who will replace him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
So who is the replacement?

Quartback depth chart

Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Greg McElroy

A depth chart is what coaches use in situations where a starter may not be performing at a level that allows him to keep his role as a starter. In which case, you consult the depth chart you've created, and see who will replace him.


lol, I know what a depth chart is.. I climbed it when I played, managed it when I coached.. So we are looking at Tebow or McElroy to lead the team? I'm agreeing to disagree with some on Sanchez, now I want their opinion on who they want to start for the next 10 years.

Who is our franchise QB going forward is what I was asking.
_________________

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 603
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jetsman82"]Two plays from this year really characterize Sanchez.

First, the throw in the New England game where he underthrew Hill by probably 10-15 yards, and the ball floated. Terrible decision, terrible throw. I couldn't articulate how furious I was at the throw when it happened.

Then, last week at Seattle. We're in the red zone, where Sanchez has been a turnover machine this year, and he throws the ball very late to the outside to a covered Dustin Keller. Even worse, the ball floated again.

Mark Sanchez is not a good QB, period, end of story. The Jets aren't going anywhere with him at QB anymore. It pains me deeply to know we could have a Superbowl if we had a competent QB for those two years.[/quote]

I did not know Mark played on the defensive side of the ball.

Last I checked the D let us down in both those games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5740
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
So who is the replacement?

Quartback depth chart

Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Greg McElroy

A depth chart is what coaches use in situations where a starter may not be performing at a level that allows him to keep his role as a starter. In which case, you consult the depth chart you've created, and see who will replace him.


lol, I know what a depth chart is.. I climbed it when I played, managed it when I coached.. So we are looking at Tebow or McElroy to lead the team? I'm agreeing to disagree with some on Sanchez, now I want their opinion on who they want to start for the next 10 years.

Who is our franchise QB going forward is what I was asking.
At the moment, I don't think we have that guy on our roster...but I think we should look at all options. Namely, Greg McElroy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group