Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in Rex Ryan?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 39

swi7ch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
swi7ch wrote:
Yes, I believe in him. He is purposely tanking the season by putting Sanchez out there so he could replace him next year in the draft.

Except there isn't a QB in the draft that is a surefire thing. We'll just draft one of the guys 1st overall, watch him bust and be in the same position in 4 years.
that's why Ryan might as well start Tebow! This season is going nowhere, there are no sure-thing QBs next season, so why not play Tebow now? It's lose-lose however you look at it so at least give the fans something else to talk about!
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swi7ch wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
swi7ch wrote:
Yes, I believe in him. He is purposely tanking the season by putting Sanchez out there so he could replace him next year in the draft.

Except there isn't a QB in the draft that is a surefire thing. We'll just draft one of the guys 1st overall, watch him bust and be in the same position in 4 years.
that's why Ryan might as well start Tebow! This season is going nowhere, there are no sure-thing QBs next season, so why not play Tebow now? It's lose-lose however you look at it so at least give the fans something else to talk about!

Or we play Greg McElroy, a QB who might have a long-term future at QB in the NFL.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
werds35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what the worst thing of all this is?

We have the ultimate gadget player, yet every week, we seem to get burned with a gadget play of some sort. You'd think our D might be ready for it. But its like Rex thinks, no one else is allowed to make a wildcat play, only us.

Still fuming from today!!!
moham-17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="swi7ch"]
Jetfan66 wrote:
swi7ch wrote:

that's why Ryan might as well start Tebow! This season is going nowhere, there are no sure-thing QBs next season, so why not play Tebow now? It's lose-lose however you look at it so at least give the fans something else to talk about![/quote]

Yeah, that's what's needed, more reasons to talk about Tebow.....
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
You don't let a good coach go just because he has a rough stretch.

Ryan is still green between the ears when it comes to running a team; give him time and he's going to develop into a great HC.

See the Texans, who I'm pretty sure are fairly happy that they didn't boot Kubiak out the door despite a few bad seasons. They saw potential, and allowed him to develop, just like you would a player at a new position.

I believe the phrase is "wet behind the ears." Laughing

But he's in his fourth year now. This is exactly what we all feared when we hired another first-time head coach. It takes them a while to understand how to manage in-game situations.

I'll admit that I have lost faith in Rex Ryan. I think he is unfairly judged for his attitude and demeanor, but I can't deny the shortcomings he has as a head coach.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Ryan is still green between the ears when it comes to running a team; give him time and he's going to develop into a great HC.

See the Texans, who I'm pretty sure are fairly happy that they didn't boot Kubiak out the door despite a few bad seasons. They saw potential, and allowed him to develop, just like you would a player at a new position.

But he's in his fourth year now. This is exactly what we all feared when we hired another first-time head coach. It takes them a while to understand how to manage in-game situations.

I'll admit that I have lost faith in Rex Ryan. I think he is unfairly judged for his attitude and demeanor, but I can't deny the shortcomings he has as a head coach.

I agree 1000%. In a lot of our hearts, we wanted to keep Mangini and hire ROB Ryan, and I honestly think we'd have been much better off.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

I agree 1000%. In a lot of our hearts, we wanted to keep Mangini and hire ROB Ryan, and I honestly think we'd have been much better off.

Maybe. Maybe not. In a strange way I think a lot of this goes back to the Favre trade. That, I feel, was the beginning of the end of conservative Tannenbaum. From that point on, he was extremely aggressive. And the fact that he hit on a couple of good ones convinced him to stay aggressive.

At this point, I just want someone with a proven track record. I want Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher. Now that there is no reason to commit to Tannenbaum anymore, I'd love to see Bill Cowher in New York. Then again, is anyone going to want to work for Woody Johnson? He's reaching Dan Snyder/Stephen Ross level.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Maybe. Maybe not. In a strange way I think a lot of this goes back to the Favre trade. That, I feel, was the beginning of the end of conservative Tannenbaum. From that point on, he was extremely aggressive. And the fact that he hit on a couple of good ones convinced him to stay aggressive.

At this point, I just want someone with a proven track record. I want Marty Schottenheimer or Bill Cowher. Now that there is no reason to commit to Tannenbaum anymore, I'd love to see Bill Cowher in New York. Then again, is anyone going to want to work for Woody Johnson? He's reaching Dan Snyder/Stephen Ross level.

Thats the problem, Woody has burnt that bridge with both of them, Marty, for firing his son, and Cowher, for dissing him in an interview. I just fear its going ot get much worse before it ever gets better.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
TheChad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll always be the kind of coach who has high highs and very low lows. He's kind of the anti-Herm that way... he gives you a chance of beating the great teams... but you're just as likely to get embarrassed by a weak team.

I haven't seen anything showing me that he's making the great games more common and the terrible games more rare.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was a few weeks ago, I would have placed all the blame on Tannenbaum and said that Rex still deserves a shot to coach this team next year. Now, after another blow out loss I don't know if that is the case anymore. Good coached teams don't get blown out 3-4 times a season, and there are still 6 games left so we may have a couple more bad losses coming. I know the talent isn't there on the offense, but still to just be as inept as we are, that still falls on coaching too and Sparano is "Rex's guy". There have been teams with lesser talent who haven't been as inept as we are currently.

I'm at the point now where I don't even want to watch Jets games anymore, I am just sick of it. We had some highs under Ryan, and that 2010 team will still go down as one of my favorite Jets teams ever. But the lows are just too low IMO, I want a more consistent coach who won't make the same mistakes Rex makes. This team hasn't beaten anyone since that playoff loss to Pitt back in 2010. If there was anytime to clean house, it would be after this season. Just blow everything up, and start over. We have some pieces already, it's not like the cupboard is bare.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have less and less faith in Ryan every time Sanchez starts. That's the second time in 9 games our offense has scored zero points. That's ridiculous.

It's getting to the point where Sanchez doesn't give the Jets any chance to win. He can say he has confidence all he wants, but he is not showing it. He's getting worse and worse as time goes on.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex is garbage as a HC, and as time goes on more of you will realize that.

He has his extremely obvious flaws and people still want to hang on the 09, 10 teams. Those teams he did not build. Now a few drafts etc. later he has a below average team. Rex is just as much at fault for this poor excuse of an offense as Sanchez.

His defense is pretty bad too. So what exactly does Rex the "defensive genius" bring to the table anymore?
richie jets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you watch the dolphins since the jets game , you realize rex was badly out coached and crushed by a lousy team .
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie jets wrote:
When you watch the dolphins since the jets game , you realize rex was badly out coached and crushed by a lousy team .

At least to me that says the Dolphins poured their all into that game. They were coming off a bye week, and had that extra little motivation after the game earlier in the season and all the trash talk. We got the best the Dolphins could possibly muster that day. The fact they haven't been playing well since is irrelevant.

The Jets crushed both the Bills and Colts, and both of those teams beat the Dolphins, who in turn, crushed the Jets. It's all about head to head matchups. Similar opponents means nothing in the NFL.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Sanchez has another bad first half Rex has to make a switch just to shake things up. I wold prefer McElroy but, and I bite my tongue, even Tebow ... Ah forget it. Rex is too darn stubborn to make a switch. Ultimately that's why he should go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: