Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Little Gets Inspired

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HADEN4PREZIDENT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Greg Little Gets Inspired Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8626497
What do you think about this?

^^^Jamison^^^
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this from Greg. He is obviously extremely talented and badly wants to be a great player. He just needs better focus. I know he works hard at correcting his problems.

He dropped 5 passes early in the season then went 18 quarters with only 1 drop before the one last week. I can deal with that as the greats all have their moments too. At the rate of 1 in 18 quarters he could go the season with 3.55 drops. I also understand he is not getting a boat load of targets but you can still see he has become more focused on catching the ball first.

I think Greg can put himself on the map in a big way before the end of the year and have us set up nicely with a very good 1 and 2 for the future.

Jamison on the sig
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was actually 23 quarters of play I missed a game and it would come down to 2.78 for the season.

Jamison on the sig
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel Greg gets a bad wrap around here sometimes. Yes I understand the frustration of the drops, but he isn't the only one making them and let's be honest he is still probably adjusting to playing in the nfl. I also see people complain about him when he dances or poses, I think that's just him being him, complain about the other 95% of guys that do it too. I really believe he is a good kid who truley does love to play football and gives his all on the field for this team. I have seen that outlooks like the lifts have been comming on for him the past few weeks. I love his attitude and ferocity as a player. I would love to line up with a guy like him, he wants to win you can see it in him and alot of our young guys, they are hungry

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NickZambo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it took Alonzo Mourning to get the message across that he needs to pipe down, make sacrifices AKA practice seriously and be a professional athlete.

Cool.

Show me results and I will be happy.

Perhaps this is more of a knock on the fact that his coaches couldnt get through to him and Zo could. Just sayin...

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
So it took Alonzo Mourning to get the message across that he needs to pipe down, make sacrifices AKA practice seriously and be a professional athlete.

Cool.

Perhaps this is more of a knock on the fact that his coaches couldnt get through to him and Zo could. Just sayin...

Think you're being unreasonably hard on Little in this regard.

The message was about sacrifice and greatness. I don't expect a 2nd round receiver to understand what it takes to be great when he's never played on a GOOD (not even great) team and we don't have a veteran locker room or anyone who has had real team success outside of maybe Sheldon Brown.

Great ones understand sacrifice and that's what Little took away. Good for him to seek the advice and share with teammates. We don't have a Ray Lewis type of leader in our locker room and it's encouraging to see someone trying to step it up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read articles like these

But then we proceed to lose

Sad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are multiple types of motivation... different types make different people click different ways.

Figuring out what type of motivation to use for each player and for the team to increase performance is a primary function of a coach at higher levels.

If that is whats for him for then great. (but Im willing to bet that is not the only motivational technique that he is using)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Cool.

The message was about sacrifice and greatness. I don't expect a 2nd round receiver to understand what it takes to be great when he's never played on a GOOD (not even great) team and we don't have a veteran locker room or anyone who has had real team success outside of maybe Sheldon Brown.

Great ones understand sacrifice and that's what Little took away. Good for him to seek the advice and share with teammates. We don't have a Ray Lewis type of leader in our locker room and it's encouraging to see someone trying to step it up.

That's your opinion on my opinion i guess. Lol.

I am a big Little supporter and I think he could be great. I just want to see results. Colt McCoy spent the off season with Brett Favre in 2010 but it didnt help his stats that year.

Im just saying, good for Greg, but prove it on Sundays more than you have thus far then we can say good job to Zo and the talk.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
JCBrowns21 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Cool.

That's your opinion on my opinion i guess. Lol.

I am a big Little supporter and I think he could be great. I just want to see results. Colt McCoy spent the off season with Brett Favre in 2010 but it didnt help his stats that year.

Im just saying, good for Greg, but prove it on Sundays more than you have thus far then we can say good job to Zo and the talk.

Should have clarified that I thought you were being too hard on Little for being unprofessional and/or not practicing hard. Agree that we need to see results on Sunday, but I wouldn't contribute his or the Browns' short comings on lack of professionalism or poor practices.

It's the little things that make the difference and that's the difference between the great ones and the good ones. The great ones make the sacrifices to be that much better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned it a couple weeks ago, that I noticed a difference in his attitude ever since he gave up twitter. He seems more focused and interested in actually improving. Now I know why. BTW, who cares where you get good advice from. As long as you heed it.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: