Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday Night Football: Dolphins @ Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Players that played well:

Brandon Fields as always.
Jared Odrick
Cam Wake
RESHAD JONES
John Jerry at times
Bess and Hartline were solid.
Daniel Thomas was alright.
Mike Pouncey was pretty good.

Matthews showed promise.

Everyone else was below average.

You lost all credibility with me once you put John Jerry and "played well" at any point in your sentence. He is a liability. He and Incognito are huge liabilities. The only thing saving Martin is the fact he is a rookie, otherwise he is mediocre at best.

Ok guys the Fins are who we thought they were. Most of us had them winning 6-7 games. How has that changed? They will probably lose the rest of the games except one. They will probably beat the 49ers or Seahawks due to the way they play offense. Miami's achilles heal is when they play teams capable of spreading them out. It is a passing league and Miami has not adopted.

Also watching our defensive line, outside of Wake is humbling. None of them can move. They should trade Odrick. His game does not translate well in a 4-3. He has limited lateral quickness and is not strong enough to over power. They need another defensive end.

No problem with Solai. He is what he is, a run stuffer. Again, I cannot judge Tanney until the offense is able to protect him. When he has time he looks fine. But his yards per completion is dreadful. Not all of that is due to lack of talent. That is all I am going to say. Miami needs to keep looking for a QB. There is nothing Tanney has shown me that convinces me we have found our QB. He has gotten worse as the season has progressed.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
Players that played well:

Brandon Fields as always.
Jared Odrick
Cam Wake
RESHAD JONES
John Jerry at times
Bess and Hartline were solid.
Daniel Thomas was alright.
Mike Pouncey was pretty good.

Matthews showed promise.

Everyone else was below average.

You lost all credibility with me once you put John Jerry and "played well" at any point in your sentence. He is a liability. He and Incognito are huge liabilities. The only thing saving Martin is the fact he is a rookie, otherwise he is mediocre at best.

Ok guys the Fins are who we thought they were. Most of us had them winning 6-7 games. How has that changed? They will probably lose the rest of the games except one. They will probably beat the 49ers or Seahawks due to the way they play offense. Miami's achilles heal is when they play teams capable of spreading them out. It is a passing league and Miami has not adopted.

Also watching our defensive line, outside of Wake is humbling. None of them can move. They should trade Odrick. His game does not translate well in a 4-3. He has limited lateral quickness and is not strong enough to over power. They need another defensive end.

No problem with Solai. He is what he is, a run stuffer. Again, I cannot judge Tanney until the offense is able to protect him. When he has time he looks fine. But his yards per completion is dreadful. Not all of that is due to lack of talent. That is all I am going to say. Miami needs to keep looking for a QB. There is nothing Tanney has shown me that convinces me we have found our QB. He has gotten worse as the season has progressed.

Now I'm not putting words in your mouth, but you said you can't judge Tanney and right after that you said we need to look for a QB because he hasn't shown anything. I'm kind of confused, which is it? I agree that our protection is mediocre at best, but I feel a lot better with him back there then when Henne was a rookie and looked like a dear in the headlights. Tanney has the poise to feel pressure, step up in the pocket, and make a good throw. His short-medium accuracy is something that I think needs to improve and hopefully it will. We also need a guy that we can throw a 7-10 yard slant and he can turn it into something. At this point our run game has been non-existent, so it's easy for the opposing defenses to key on stopping the pass. Just my .02, but a lot needs to change on O. I think we need to start by drafting Eifert wherever that may be in the first round.

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

I agree with your overall sentiments, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't put too much on the defense- they allowed 12 points and were on the field for a good portion of the game.

When it comes to Jerry and Incognito, this was a horrendous outing, and we couldn't run all night long. As for Tannehill, his main success this year has come against the blitz, but he struggles when they bring just four men, and that's partially due to poor blocking, partially due to the fact that he's still not completely comfortable sitting in the pocket, and partially due to lacking another quality target or two.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouncey gave up a sack when him and the LG double teamed one of the DTs when he messed up and should have blocked the other DT.
Jerry sucks.
Smith Sucks.
Carrol Sucks
Daniel Thomas wasn't very good at all imo
Bush didn't get the ball enough, I don't like Thomas that much.
Bess sucks unless he's coming out of the slot, why they send him down streaks I have no idea.
Not sure sure why they had Bess returning Punts all of a sudden after Thigpen was just pure beast mode.

Overall, play calling was pathetic, didn't see anything differet from last week.

What I don't get is why don't they do more play action, it was working pretty well but they just did not wanna do it much at all.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
please shut up

You STFU.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
This thread is an example of what is wrong with South Florida sports.

I nevr said anything about the season being over untill today...yet we get dozens of people saying it weeks ago, if looks like [inappropriate/removed] and smells like [inappropriate/removed] it must be [inappropriate/removed].
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough is enough. Cool your jets everyone. I will unlock this when I think we are mentally prepared to discussing the game in an unemotional manner.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: