Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals-Chiefs: It's a Trap!-GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6010
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Bengals-Chiefs: It's a Trap!-GDT Reply with quote

And Go! (Worked well last time.)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16609
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that worries me most about this game is Robinson against Dontari Poe. Robinson played well against the Giants, but his main knock is that he can't that take on the really fat guys. Not that we would be able to run the ball anyway, but we'll need Dalton on the road in a tough stadium to carry us since Poe will probably be blowing up our running game.

Thankfully we're playing the Chiefs offense and our run D should be better with Sims and a slimmed down Rey. Doubt we can shut down Charles but if we can contain him enough, I'll take Dalton over Cassel.

The Flowers-Green match up will be fun to watch as well...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HangOnSloopy


Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Posts: 262
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Gruden says Peerman will get more touches at RB this Sunday. I'm all for that! I think he and Leonard have looked better than BGE, even sans the O-line problems in the run game. I agree about the Flowers/Green match up. Flowers did a great job on Mike Wallace, given it was Leftwitch slinging it half the game. But Green isn't Wallace either. Looking forward to seeing Hawkins and Gresham matched up against LB's this week. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston looked great last week. Hopefully the guys up front give a repeat of last week! I'm going: WhoDey - 24 KC - 20
_________________

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18881
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
So Gruden says Peerman will get more touches at RB this Sunday. I'm all for that! I think he and Leonard have looked better than BGE, even sans the O-line problems in the run game. I agree about the Flowers/Green match up. Flowers did a great job on Mike Wallace, given it was Leftwitch slinging it half the game. But Green isn't Wallace either. Looking forward to seeing Hawkins and Gresham matched up against LB's this week. Tamba Hali and Justin Houston looked great last week. Hopefully the guys up front give a repeat of last week! I'm going: WhoDey - 24 KC - 20

We'll see. I'm skeptical until it happens.

Honestly i don't expect much though. It's great that Peermen looks better than BJGE. But it's not like he did well last game. 6 carries, 21 yards. 3.5 average. I mean, given 20 carries he might get 80 yards, but this offense still has bigger problems than the RB. BJGE, as bad as he's been, is still capable of 4.0 YPC if someone blocks for him. No one is blocking well right now.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16609
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hawkins strained his knee during practice. Will be looked at again tomorrow. Likely to be a gametime decision #bengals

https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/269519422237048832


Not the way you want to start the week...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3358
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
The thing that worries me most about this game is Robinson against Dontari Poe. Robinson played well against the Giants, but his main knock is that he can't that take on the really fat guys. Not that we would be able to run the ball anyway, but we'll need Dalton on the road in a tough stadium to carry us since Poe will probably be blowing up our running game.

Thankfully we're playing the Chiefs offense and our run D should be better with Sims and a slimmed down Rey. Doubt we can shut down Charles but if we can contain him enough, I'll take Dalton over Cassel.

The Flowers-Green match up will be fun to watch as well...


Their TE Tony Meoaki looked pretty fast too. Hope the DL can get to Cassell Sunday. Gonna be a close one........
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."


Last edited by LondonBengal on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15680
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3358
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone will have to explain to me how this can be a 'trap' game, when both teams have a losing record. A 'trap' game infers that there is one highly superior team that should win.........
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6010
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Someone will have to explain to me how this can be a 'trap' game, when both teams have a losing record. A 'trap' game infers that there is one highly superior team that should win.........

Because everyone expects us to win
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6243
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss theJ's coverage maps.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 6010
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I miss theJ's coverage maps.

Are u insulting my GDTs?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3358
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I miss theJ's coverage maps.


...me too.....
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23339
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton sucks so far today
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3358
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a completely fantastic one-handed grab by AJ. He had no right getting that ball in double-coverage.

Lovin the ballsy play-calling on that drive with the up back direct snap and the 4th down call too.

9 straight games now with a TD from AJ, new Bengal record.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23339
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a terrible call on Elam there. That was a great hit. I hate the NFL sometimes
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group