Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I would like to say I would take 3 of 'Bama's offensive lineman on this team.

Smith - Warmack - Jones - Fluker - Free

That OL would be unstoppable.

Can Fluker play guard?

He is probably better suited for OG at the next level. Why did you think he wouldn't?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Can Fluker play guard?

He is probably better suited for OG at the next level. Why did you think he wouldn't?

I didn't know. It was a sincere question. He plays RT at Bama, right? I don't see this club giving up on Free, obviously. I was curious about Flukers' ability to move inside. I have read that he doesn't have the feet to play the left side, but is better suited for the strong side.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I personally feel that Warmack is athletically right there with Cooper and is the better overall guard. I just feel that the weight issue might keep Dallas away from Warmack when it shouldn't.

I personally disagree. Cooper is the better athlete, the better one on pulls, screens and the best one to get to the second level and block LB's and safeties. Also, I would claim that Cooper also is the better one is pass protection, but that one is a bit harder to judge since Warmack has met better competition. Don't think that's going to be a big challenge for him to translate to the NFL, because he has met NFL talent in practise every week anyway.

Warmack clearly is the strongest of those two. And for pushing the D line back when running in shortyardage situations, Warmack clearly is the one you want. But else, I would pretty much prefer Cooper. especially in a zone blocking scheme. And no way he is gonna last to mid 2nd round...

Have you watched film of Warmack? This guy is so technically sound its ridiculous. He not only gets a great push but he walls off defenders in pass pro and gets to the 2nd level constantly. I before thought that Jones was a better OL than Warmack but I was by far wrong. I would say Warmack is a better OL prospect than Decastro and Iupati.

I would take him over Jones for guard, but DeCastro? no.

I have never said that Warmack is bad at any of those things, Just stated that Cooper is clearly the better and more effective one at it.

And yes, I have watched tape on him. I walked away unimpressed after so many saying he's better then DeCastro and everybody else who has been drafted lately..

according to a former scout that I posted from before, the NFL scouts is liking him very much and ranks him among the top of what they have seen ever.

Quote:
Ive had three different scouts tell me that UNC OG Jonathan Cooper is one of the best OGs theyve ever graded. Im anxious to study him.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2012/10/18/nfl-scouts-raving-about-north-carolina-guard/?q9dgLPbHf7sC4Bdx.99

Won't say he's better then DeCastro just yet, but I will say that he's my fovourite this draft but IMO, him and Warmack are pretty close. It depends on what you evaluate the highest..
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are underrating Warmack. Don't get me wrong, Cooper is a fantastic guard, worthy of a top 20 pick. But Warmack is the better guard in almost every aspect of the game. You would think that because he is 325 pounds and built like a house that he wouldn't be able to move well in space, but it is amazing how quick he is pulling and getting to the second level. I think he is very sound in pass protection as well. I loved DeCastro last year. But Warmack is not only better now, but has the higher ceiling too.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:

Switch Fluker with Cooper and you'll have me salivating.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
TVScout

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Switch Fluker with Cooper and you'll have me salivating.

For me it's Fluker at RG and Cooper at LG.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Can Fluker play guard?

Because he plays on his heels too much. His height and weight are working against him in that regard because he does not properly bends his knees and will be worn out too easily. Dealing with DT's like Suh who loves to get under the face mask and just bully people, it will be like we have no guard at all there.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
JWingate wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Can Fluker play guard?

Because he plays on his heels too much. His height and weight are working against him in that regard because he does not properly bends his knees and will be worn out too easily. Dealing with DT's like Suh who loves to get under the face mask and just bully people, it will be like we have no guard at all there.

So he'd be Bernadeuce Part II?

^^^mack
JWingate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Can Fluker play guard?

I didn't know. It was a sincere question. He plays RT at Bama, right? I don't see this club giving up on Free, obviously. I was curious about Flukers' ability to move inside. I have read that he doesn't have the feet to play the left side, but is better suited for the strong side.

I didn't mean that to sound like I was being ignorant towards you, but rather was wondering if you knew something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
I personally feel that Warmack is athletically right there with Cooper and is the better overall guard. I just feel that the weight issue might keep Dallas away from Warmack when it shouldn't.

I personally disagree. Cooper is the better athlete, the better one on pulls, screens and the best one to get to the second level and block LB's and safeties. Also, I would claim that Cooper also is the better one is pass protection, but that one is a bit harder to judge since Warmack has met better competition. Don't think that's going to be a big challenge for him to translate to the NFL, because he has met NFL talent in practise every week anyway.

Warmack clearly is the strongest of those two. And for pushing the D line back when running in shortyardage situations, Warmack clearly is the one you want. But else, I would pretty much prefer Cooper. especially in a zone blocking scheme. And no way he is gonna last to mid 2nd round...

Have you watched film of Warmack? This guy is so technically sound its ridiculous. He not only gets a great push but he walls off defenders in pass pro and gets to the 2nd level constantly. I before thought that Jones was a better OL than Warmack but I was by far wrong. I would say Warmack is a better OL prospect than Decastro and Iupati.

I would take him over Jones for guard, but DeCastro? no.

I have never said that Warmack is bad at any of those things, Just stated that Cooper is clearly the better and more effective one at it.

And yes, I have watched tape on him. I walked away unimpressed after so many saying he's better then DeCastro and everybody else who has been drafted lately..

according to a former scout that I posted from before, the NFL scouts is liking him very much and ranks him among the top of what they have seen ever.

Quote:
Ive had three different scouts tell me that UNC OG Jonathan Cooper is one of the best OGs theyve ever graded. Im anxious to study him.

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/2012/10/18/nfl-scouts-raving-about-north-carolina-guard/?q9dgLPbHf7sC4Bdx.99

Won't say he's better then DeCastro just yet, but I will say that he's my fovourite this draft but IMO, him and Warmack are pretty close. It depends on what you evaluate the highest..

Honestly, I never really liked Decastro. I personally liked Iupati more than I liked Decastro and I like Warmack more than I liked Iupati.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're talking FA here too, what do you guys think of Sammie Lee Hill?

Just picked him up in a GM Mock. Liked him comig out of college and he's preformed pretty well for Detroit. Coming upon FA, would this be someone you want? Think he could play NT?

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
JWingate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Since we're talking FA here too, what do you guys think of Sammie Lee Hill?

Just picked him up in a GM Mock. Liked him comig out of college and he's preformed pretty well for Detroit. Coming upon FA, would this be someone you want? Think he could play NT?

I haven't looked at FA but I am going to once we get a good list for players who will hit the market.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff Schwartz #76 T/G Minnesota Vikings
Height: 6-6 Weight: 340 Age: 26
Born: 7/11/1986 Los Angeles , CA

Who is this guy? Do we like him? Would he bring any kind of value to us through FA?

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

Who is this guy? Do we like him? Would he bring any kind of value to us through FA?

He was on the market last FA. Not really ever spoken of. He could bring some value though and from what ive seen hes a nice improvement over what we got.

One guy I REALLY want is Andy Levitre. OG. Buffalo

EDIT: Schwartz has played in 7 games and is yet to be penalized or allowed a sack. Now whether he started those games and what role he had in them is unknown.

Last edited by ShineOnStar on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:

WE MUST USE THE SCHWARTZ!!!!

^^^mack

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 26 of 57

Jump to: